Video Game General 6.3: Sekiro has so many damn chickens man. Chickens Everywhere!

Sauce for this?

People are upset that a WWII games has a British female soldier with prosthetic arm on the front lines. IIRC, the only country with women on the front lines in WWII was Russia. Plus apparently there is an Allied Soldier with a katana strapped to his back…in Europe. They seem to be taking a lot of liberties when comes to historical accuracy.

1 Like

here ya go

http://brellom.tumblr.com/post/175993788591/i-was-asked-to-post-this-piece-separately-from-the

1 Like

Anyone that says they plays a military action video game for historical accuracy is a damn liar or must hate play the games because 98% of all video games set in historical periods take massive amount of liberties especially shooters and strategy games.

5 Likes

Duck Tales NES game Amazon’s Theme composed completely in Super Mario World sounds/Music

2 Likes

I’m just telling you why they are pissed. I don’t play Battlefield or COD. From the outside looking in, having someone with a prosthetic limb on the front lines of a WWII game seems silly. Seems like something you’d see in Halo, Time Splittlers, Perfect Dark, or a game with a futuristic setting. But what do I know.

2 Likes

Metroid has a gun for one of his arms.

2 Likes

Samus you mean, and Her . . . LOL

3 Likes

The games have been taking liberties though. I know why they are upset, I just think its dumb as hell. Game should be fun first foremost. Reminds me of an argument I had with my wife about Dante’s Inferno and the liberties that game took with the source material and I had to try to explain to her that doing a 1 to 1 with the material would be boring as hell.

2 Likes

It depends with me. I think it’s unwise to expect one to one conversions. That said, If you’re going to make significant changes, why use a historical setting. You are just opening yourself up to criticism in the Era of Offense that we currently in.

Surprised there hasn’t been anything said about Bayonetta 3 yet.

If there is going to be any bayo news this year then its prob gonna either happen whenever the fall direct is which might be next month since thats the month that their online service begins or prob at TGA. They don’t usually do much for TGS.

It’s a means to give people who enjoy the games a way to express themselves without being stuck to only those who historically participated during that period. Yeah its way less accurate and it might be slightly pandering but its still giving people options.

I really hate the Michael Bay presentation they decided to go with. Bad enough they are fucking up the historical authenticity of the settings. Gotta make it look as dumb as possible.

1 Like

Personally I find the current need to sugarcoat history counterproductive. You can’t learn from the past if you ignore it. This isn’t a Battlefield thing , it’s media general though. Particularly television, I’m looking at you CW, but that is another thread

Although I see similar things in gaming from time to time. I remember people bitching about Chris shooting black zombies in RE5, when the game was taking place in Africa. Or people complaining about a lack of people of color in Kingdom Come Deliverance, despite that making zero sense given the setting.

3 Likes

I dunno man, that Sekiro game doesn’t look nearly as good as I remember it looking at E3. Maybe because all we saw was a canned trailer with gameplay bits mixed in. Something about it just seems kinda meh. It is very amateurish compared to Ghosts of Tsushima. Maybe that’s why it doesn’t look as good anymore, cause I saw it before Sony’s conference.

That Ghosts of Tsushima game was one of the highlights of E3. It looks amazing.

2 Likes