Video Game General 6.3: Sekiro has so many damn chickens man. Chickens Everywhere!

Took purebeasts advice and went to ebay to get the shooter for famicom Iā€™ve always wanted, Summer Carnival 92 Recca.

Hmmmmā€¦maybe not.

1 Like

The graphics are barely a step-up from the N64 PokemAn games. I havenā€™t seen textures that flat and dull looking in a long time. :nauseated_face:

RE: Nintendo went after all the Emu sites to help the sales of their ā€œclassicā€ line of consoles. They also want you to buy the same SNES game for the 5th time when it releases on the Switch. If you bought it already on the Wii/Wii U shop donā€™t worry, instead of paying full-price you might get a peanut & bean discount.

I donā€™t know about you guys but Iā€™m pretty excited to pay a subscription to play online on the Switch. Iā€™m also excited to have all the digital games I bought made impossible to download again shortly after Nintendo releases their next console. I also really enjoy having every other release having HALF of the game on the cartridge and another half from a patch because downloading over 20GBā€™s of a game over wireless is always fun.

Nintendo are the kings of greed and are just looking to fuck their consumers in the ass at every possible angle. I didnā€™t even touch on peripherals or games being full-priced years after release or even their shenanigans when it comes to videos of their games on Youtube.

2 Likes

I donā€™t disagree with your stance on piracy but when it comes to these 20 year+ old consoles the issue isnā€™t black and white. Only three publishers right now are doing anything with their old library of games which are Namco, Sega, and Capcom. I would put Nintendo here if the Switch had the virtual console. Everything else is effectively abandonware. Buying games on ebay does nothing as that money wonā€™t go to the publisher and developers. It wasnā€™t that long ago when game publishers put the used market on the same level as piracy. None of the major companies care to archive shit or else there would be a legal means of accessing these games somehow.

3 Likes

Again, I get where youā€™re coming from.

Iā€™m LOLā€™ing at the fact that people are crying that itā€™s no longer ā€œeasyā€ to get pirated software. People are literally crying that there arenā€™t http links to download pirated software anymore. They are crying that there arenā€™t http links that will allow them to download free games from.

Think about that for a minute.

Thatā€™s what Iā€™m LOLā€™ing about.

Yea I put some thought into it and you and your arguments still sound fucking stupid.

2 Likes

mm. if i buy a game on ebay, lets say, yoshiā€™s island right, but its brand new, not usedā€¦doesnt or shouldnt nintendo see profit from the sale? they should right? but its hard to say since nintendo prob would have no way of tracking that sale since the old game doesnt have a modern scan code to alert them of its sale in 2018 right?
like whats to keep the seller from keeping 100% of the profit from the sale? or i guess nindy and the devs got their cut when they sold it to the storeā€¦30 years ago.

I donā€™t think nintendo should get profit from that ebay sale. They already did when they ebay seller bought the game.

6 Likes

Just to further add evidence to the guinea pig treatment of Tekken 7, I would like to point out that it is receiving wall bounce and easy combos on September 6.

Yea Harada trying new things. What a fucking asshole.

I want bound back.

I donā€™t give a fuck if O.G. diehards disliked it.

It is a cool concept, and opened the door to making characters that much different in playstyle.

It just needed refining.

And not into corkscrews.

Adding easy mode combos seems like a waste of time. The whole point of the Katarina character and giving the new guys quick hop kicks was too make them noob friendly and nobody picks them. At least they have enough since to turn them off in ranked.

You are mistaken. The article clearly states that auto combos are disabled in tournament mode (which nobody uses). They are usable in every other mode such as online ranked.

P.S. Changes can be either good or bad. Tekken 7ā€™s changes have the distinction of being horrendously bad.

sheeeit, the next game Iā€™d love to show up on Switch would be Cupheadā€¦ I was watching a stream of it earlier today; reminded me of how awesome that game isā€¦and Iā€™d love it even better in portable form, of course. That game is quite ridiculous thoughā€” I could imagine plenty of gamers (especially younger ones more susceptible to ā€œgamer rageā€) eventually throwing a joycon or 2 in angerā€¦maybe even the system itself.

Really, that gameā€™s art direction is on another levelā€¦ they pulled it off perfectly, and I canā€™t get enough of it, and thus even when Iā€™m not playing the game, Iā€™m inclined to check out vids of other people playing it. Iā€™m surprised no one apparently thought of designing a game with that look and style before. Now I canā€™t help but imagine how everything else would look in that styleā€” imagine a Super Mario game designed in that 1930s cartoon styleā€¦ or a Sonicā€¦or actual old cartoon characters like Popeye. Iā€™d buy that stuff immediately.

2 Likes

Yesā€¦I am hyped.

7 Likes
2 Likes

They gonna put Shovel Knight in Smash? Or Hollow Knight?

Bad news for vita owners

Im not quite sure what to make of this tornadoā€¦is it actually natural or what?

ā€˜Getting the tornado back on trackā€™ and ā€˜holding the tornado at bay with wind cannonsā€™ makes me lift an eyebrow a bitā€¦but this games takes a shit on physics anyway soā€¦lol