Video Game General 6.3: Sekiro has so many damn chickens man. Chickens Everywhere!

Spyro delayed into Novemeber

Hopefully to actually learn to put all 3 games on that disc?

Cooler for DBFZ launches late september

Black Beard and Sanji joing Jump Forces

1 Like

Vampyr is getting a tv series

Gamescome will have an opening ceremony with world premiers

Can watch here

Time will be aug 21st at 2am pt/ 5am et

1 Like

Inb4 Vampyr tv series is cancelled after 1 season.

Would’ve been better if picked up by HBO or FX.

You can get some run with a vampire story plus period piece medical if you have the right talent and budget.

1 Like

WWAAAAAHHHHH PIRACY ISN’T EASY ANYMORE WAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!

5 Likes

I care more for the archival element of it. You know that most of those old games will never see a re-release. You’ll never see games like Star Tropics on a virtual console or whatever digital store fronts.

2 Likes

It is a reimagining of the original with new anime trash taking part in the background. They fucked up GI in Soul Calibur VI. It is unidirectional and parries hits and throws on all levels (high, mid, low). They made the already out of place supers a one button affair. They also added an armored attack that auto GIs all (except a GI) and forces individuals to play rock paper scissors. This game has too much baggage from V to be a genuine successor to the original games.

P.S. I don’t get the freak out over Nintendo’s anti-piracy measures as there are still thousands of sites hosting this content and some are far better than those taken down.

Call it whatever you want and make whatever excuse you can come up with. It doesn’t change the fact it’s piracy and stealing.

You can’t afford $13?

2 Likes

It’s hard to call it stealing when no one is making money off it. This is akin to abandonware.

3 Likes

I can’t knowingly invest in corroding circuits and heavily used or damaged I/O devices when a superior medium for preservation and use exists. I have a number of carts/discs and systems that have passed their expiration date.

1 Like

Okay then call it piracy. It’s all semantics at this point.

And trust me, I get it. But crying over not being able to pirate is just childish and laughable. But I do realize how entitled the FGC feels they are for some reason, so it’s not surprising to see it on here.

2 Likes

You mean purchase? Investments typically make money, not lose it. Buying toys for a hobby isn’t investing, especially when it’s $13.

Time is in this circumstance a bigger investment than money and fiddling with aged electronics is a complete waste of it.

So you use convenience as a reason to justify piracy.

Can’t really blame you on that one. It’s so easy.

Except for some people crying in this thread…

2 Likes

There is one other reason. During the 90s, in many countries pirated versions of the NES console and its games were officially sold at retail prices. Many of the products were cheap Chinese clones and having spent nearly a lifetime playing those has completely desensitised me to the concept of software and hardware piracy. Theft of intellectual property is not stealing in the traditional sense as intellectual property cannot be quantified and is beyond individual ownership/utility.

1 Like

The majority of those games have no legal means of being obtained. Tell me how am I suppose to get a legal copy of the old Alien vs Predator arcade game? There’s probably more games with companies that are dissolved and their ownership in limbo. For those games piracy is the only option.

2 Likes

There will always be people willing to share software of that variety somewhere in the world and the internet will enable the finding of those individuals.

purebeast has apparently never experienced the extreme goodness of playing Okamiden on a huge screened tablet with a precision stylus.
do so, and come back and try to defend nintendo not porting that game to windows or android/ios where you have the potential of really experiencing that game in max glory.
instead, they prefer you play that game on a shitty teeny tiny ds screen.
forever.

play that game on a microsoft surface studio with its big ass screen and precise stylus using a good ds emu and you’ll forget your blasphemy towards emulation.

p.s. i havent played okamiden on a surface studio myself, but that is my dream. have played it on a 12 incher tab tho
still gdlk

1 Like

i know alot of people in south america, the only way they played ps2 games was emu back in the day.
sony never officially released the ps2 for years after it was released in other regions. and i know in brazil a ps2 would cost 350 us dollars for what would cost you 120 here in the states.
no one bought ps2s in brazil stores.
no one.
and importing a ps2 meant possibly using a outlet adapter because of different voltages in diff countries.
like cmon son. stop it. beast is making this too much of a black and white issue where emulation bad no matter what and console companies and their business practices are always without fault and they could do no wrong.

Does Brazil use the 50 Hz, 576 line PAL standard with 220 Volt outlets?