Video Game General 6.3: Sekiro has so many damn chickens man. Chickens Everywhere!

I’m likely going to buy God of War during a Black Friday sale. I’m more interested in Spider-Man and Dragon Quest XI and currently playing Rise of the Tomb Raider.

1 Like
2 Likes

New character Diego revealed for doa6 along with Rig

Sega of America gets new COO

Shadow of War getting definitive edition release

Nightdive Studios(guys who have been re-releasing Turok games, have a System Shock remake in the works and is getting the license to some old games published by Acclaim) just released Forsaken: Remastered.

Anyone ever play this back in the day? I remember seeing ads for it all the time back in the 90’s. I actually picked up a PS1 copy like a year or two ago for like…3-4 bucks but I haven’t played it yet. I wonder how it’d play on a PS1 pad too. It probably wouldn’t be too bad if it has analog controls.

I though that was the whole point of Cyberpunk, was to make political statements with the problems in politics and society by means of Futuristic Dystopia.

Hard Sci Fi (aposed to Soft Scifi which is more Fantasy than Science)

Summary

(those who are based on hard science or sci fi concepts explain reasonably using existing theories of the time)

they go from Point A (real world present time) to Point C (the Sci Fi setting) They plan out how they got from A to B to C, even if B never covered with in the story.

Cyberpunk does this well as they look into how the hell they go to that point.

Eh, this was my first and only first person only vehicle shooter. I enjoyed the N64 version as a rental.

And Sony is going all in on the Spiderman IP this fall, they probably are trying to bleed it before the Mouse comes trying to collect their golden boy full time.

Definitely going to get Yakuza Zero at some point, but I wonder if SEGA will ever release Yakuza 5 on PC?

P.S. Looks like Diego is cosplaying Travis Touchdown…

You can play the first spyro off the disc but if you want to play spyro 2 and 3 you gotta do a content download

Errrr…you cant fit those 3 games on that bluray?

Okay this type of thing is really pissing me off.

2 Likes

I’d expect this kind of nonsense from the Nintendo switch version but not ps4/xbone

Wtf.

Activision always finds a way to fuck up a good thing. I get the feeling the second and third games are on the disc and you need an unlock key to play them.

2 Likes

It is always strange when companies sabotage their products for controlling ownership of said product. The truth is that hackers will likely distribute all three games neatly wrapped in a package while a paying customer will get the shaft.

2 Likes

Nintendo’s deal is kind of understandable due to cartridge. Gotta do what you gotta do. But I’m just kinda weirded out that these 3 remastered games from the PS1 era can’t all fit on a 50GB Bluray disc. Did they just…make everything in 4K and left everything unzipped and uncompressed? I’m genuinely curious on the why on this lol.

It’s probably not due to storage reasons, they don’t say anything about that. It doesn’t even say it requires you to download the full game, it just says it requires a download.

Not really in the Switches case either. A lot of the times, publishers are being pricks…cough cough…Capcom…cough cough

2 Likes

June 2018 NPD

Soooo yeah…Mario Tennis…WTF. Was not expecting it to take top spot but here we are. Also another WTF…NES Classic was the top selling hardware that month followed by PS4. WHY ARE PEOPLE STILL CLAMORING FOR THIS THING!? Gotta be the scalpers.

Top 20 games of the month: Mario Tennis Aces, God of War 2018, GTAV (trying to take the top spot again?), The Crew 2, Far Cry 5, Mario Kart 8, Lego Incredibles, FIFA 18, Crash Bandicoot: N Sane (nice to see the game still selling well on the other 2 consoles) Trilogy, Detroit: BH, Super Mario Odyssey, LoZ:BotW, Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six: Siege, NBA 2K18, CoD: WWII, MLB 18: The Show, Ass Creed: Origins, Vampyr, DKC:TF, and State of Decay 2

Side note: Mario Tennis released June 22nd so it had 9 days out of that whole month and took the top spot.

Xbone top 10: The Crew 2, GTA V, Far Cry 5, State of Decay 2, PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds, FIFA 18, Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six: Siege, Crash Bandicoot: N. Sane Trilogy, Call of Duty WWII, and Lego Incredibles

PS4 top 10: God of War 18, Detroit: BH, GTA V, FIFA 18, The Crew 2, MLB 18: The Show, Far Cry 5, Vampyr, Lego Incredibles, and Horizon: ZD (good to see this game is still doing well)

Switch top 10: Mario Tennis Aces, Mario Kart 8, Super Mario Odyssey, LoZ:BotW, DKC: TF, Lego Incredibles, Splatoon 2, Crash Bandicoot: N. Sane Trilogy, Kirby Star Allies, and Hyrule Warriors Def Ed.

3DS top 10: Pokemon: US, Pokemon: UM, Mario Kart 7, Super Smash Bros., Super Mario 3D Land, Detective Pikachu, Minecraft, Mario Party: The Top 100, Super Mario Maker, and LoZ: ALBW

Best-selling games of 2018: Far Cry 5, God of War 2018, Monster Hunter World, CoD: WWII, DBFZ, GTAV, Mario Kart 8, NBA 2K18, MLB 18: The Show, and Super Mario Odyssey

Best-selling games over the last 12 months: CoD: WWII, NBA 2K18, Destiny 2, Madden NFL 18, Super Mario Odyssey, Far Cry 5, Star Wars: Battlefront 2, GTA V, Ass Creed Origins, and God of War 2018.

Nintendo did the same thing with Bayo 1 and 2 Switch ports. The first game was a voucher and the second on the cart.

They also did cartridge and voucher for x legacy collection too I believe.

1 Like

The voucher on Switch is dumb as well, since Japan gets both games as physical in for Bayonetta, and both Megaman Collections. They even got Okami physical on Switch…

2 Likes