Video Game General 6.3: Sekiro has so many damn chickens man. Chickens Everywhere!

King of Fighters 97 is coming to Switch

If itā€™s not already available

Sony and Nintendo also put up financial reports

Nintendo
https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/finance/software/index.html

Top selling first party games: SMO @ 11.17 mill, MK8D @ 10.35 mill, BotW @ 9.32 mill, Splatoon 2 @ 6.76 mill, 1-2 Switch @ 2.45 Mill, Arms @ 2.01 mill, Kirby @ 1.89 Mill, XBC 2 @ 1.42 mill, DKC TF @ 1.40 Mill, and Mario Tennis Aces @ 1.38 Mill

XBC 2 is now the best selling game Monolith has put out so far so congrats to them. I started picking the game back up and Iā€™m still enjoying it but finding that may still prefer XCXā€™s combat a bit better.

Switch is now just under 20 Mill sold so far, the next 2 milestones itā€™s set to pass are GCā€™s and N64ā€™s numbers.

PS4

Sony has shipped 82.2 Mill of the PS4, 3.2 ps4ā€™s were shipped last quarter

nothing in terms of numbers on games though.

Switch will pass N64 by years end.

1 Like

Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 and DBFZ been out for a while, and there still shit being made on youtube and social media about Xenoverse 1 & 2 and the Fighter.

Two mediocre game series for a even more mediocre Shōnen series with shit writing, shitty pacing, zero character development, canā€™t be trusted to keep facts straight in a single episode. And everything DB Fans eat up as new shit is really old hat for IP like Spider-man. Anything DB did, Spider-man can say ā€œbeen there, did that, bought t-shirts while he there, wrote a best seller book on it, retire and moved to Florida.ā€

Enjoy your Spider-man media coverage :coffee:

At least make it seem less transparent that you just wanted an excuse to shit on DB. Or just go right at it instead of randomly throwing Spider-Man into the mix like the two have anything to do with each other.

5 Likes

That was a very Po-esque post, for no reason lol.

5 Likes

Its a reply on how he tired of hearing about the PS4 Spider-man game.
How often media still bring up Xenoverese.

Who the fuck cares about Xenoverse?

Yeah they have been hyping up that generic ass looking Spiderman game for like 2 years now, probably showing more footage of the game than the actual length of the game is. Iā€™m just tired of hearing about it and will be happy when thereā€™s no longer all this news about it in the game feeds.

Spider-Man doesnā€™t have itā€™s own thread so all Spider-Man talk will still be here. The news feed likely wonā€™t got away as we probably hear a lot of games sales and possible DLC.

1 Like

Dragonball and Spider-man being compared was definitely on the low spectrum of things Iā€™d expect to hear at any point in my life.

3 Likes
1 Like

Iā€™m super hype for Spider-Man. So much so that Iā€™m ignoring any new footage of it. They showed way too much at E3, and I donā€™t want anything else spoiled for me. Itā€™s probably the game Iā€™m looking forward to most right now. They donā€™t needed to fucking ruin it with too much video.

Decided to say fuck it, and day one Shenmue Collection, Kiwami 2 and Spider-Man.

I was going to wait on Spider-Man since thatā€™ll drop relatively fast in price being a Sony 1st party title, but the game just looks too gorgeous and the combos shown a few months back look ace. I know Iā€™ll finish it before Shenmue 2 and Kiwami 2, but it looks too good. The last Spider-Man game I put time into was on the Genesis.

At the rate Iā€™m going, Iā€™ll get to God of War and Horizon a couple years into the PS5 lifespanā€¦

Man, God of War is worth dropping everything for and playing right now. Itā€™s so good.

6 Likes

Yeah God of War should be at the top of any list of games/backlog you have. Itā€™s one of the best games this decade.

3 Likes

I waited on GOW since I wasnā€™t a a fan of the others but this one looks awesome. Itā€™s just, I wanted to beat Bloodborne (and its DLC) first (still havenā€™t), before jumping in to GOW, but Yakuza just sucked me in and still hasnā€™t let go.

Iā€™ll try to grab GOW on the next sale. Sonyā€™s lineup has just been stacked, for me, since last year. Good problem to have.

1 Like

I see they want to sell more Switches to the Chinese then.

Iā€™m playing through God of War and itā€™s great, but is it worth doing all the side quests after youā€™ve completed the main quest? Iā€™ve got a feeling Iā€™m close to the end on the main one.

2 Likes

Canā€™t wait until the usual suspects start to complain about this, forgetting that cyberpunk as a genre is political in nature.

3 Likes

Nintendo announces Gamescom plans

Smah and Super Mario Party will be playable along with various 3rd party games including Travis Strikes Again, DBFZ, Killer Queen Black and Dark Souls. They also said more info will be there for Daemon X Machina. Vids will be shown throughout the event.

1 Like