Video Game General 6.3: Sekiro has so many damn chickens man. Chickens Everywhere!

I’m hype for than senren kagura video presentation.

For the game play.

Obviously.

1 Like

well that is an odd thing… Vampyr has a couple of tough spots but it’s not something that really needs an “easy” mode, imo… feeding on lots of people is enough to make the character into a nearly unstoppable badass. If they were to add any little details I would prefer extra outfits and some amount of customization…and definitely some story DLC, perhaps following Dr. Reid and friends much later on in another era like the '40s or 50s, whatever.

I haven’t got back to my 2nd run on that… I’m about past the halfway point if I recall…hoping I get to meet a certain character again that I recently turned into a vamp.

Dragon’s Crown?—yep, absolutely the best sidescrolling beatemup. I STILL go back to play that sometimes.

Gamestop has Dragon Crown’s Pro for $30. Really tempting , but I still have more than enough to keep me busy.

I need to unlock all of Kiryu’s moves in Kiwami (I have two or three more left and they are from Majima’ emails), The movesets for both Majima and Kiryu, as well as the 5 Billionaires and Cabaret sides stories, from Zero.

Then there’s Kiwami 2, Shenmue remasters, Spider-Man, Fist of the North Star, Megaman 11…

This is the first time in a long while where there is too much coming to fast. Gods problem to have but still makes it hard to focus…

Whats the difference between the two aside from one being a narrative driven rpg and the other veing a 2D DnD inspired rpg?

And why cant i compare them?

I think he means as far as the combat goes, cause they aren’t similar at all.

Yea but i dont agree that makes them uncomparable, you still compare the combat, the quality of them compared to eachother. Even their mis steps.

I don’t think the games are similar enough to compare. A side-scrolling beat’em up doesn’t have a lot in common with a fully 3D character action game. There’s no lock-on in Dragon’s Crown, I don’t have a fully 3D environment to take advantage of for movement, my moveset will not entirely change when I switch between weapon types and what I use on primary and secondary, the type of game I’m playing won’t change on a whim. I’m not seeing how they are comparable.

You could compare them in a “compare and contrast” kind of way, sure, but not the way “pussystuffer” and azure are talking about. Like can you really just simply say one is better than the other? Like, they’re both really high quality in their own ways, Nier: Automata doesn’t invalidate DC just because it’s also an action RPG. They’re both great but they aren’t even trying to do the same things, they just share a genre naming convention.

The term used was “Action RPG”.

That is what I (correctly) responded to.

who is this guy? a bunch of people have him as a PSN avatar.

7 Likes

Fuck yeah, 2nd season looks awesome

3 Likes

Bar and 1/2 away from leveling to 99 in Path of Exile. I got myself rekt from not paying attention. The salt israel.

I was hoping to hit level 99 tonight so I could take a break before the new “flashback” league starts but yeah, that won’t be happening. hopefully tomorrow if I don’t die to shenanigans.

I picked up Sonic Mania Plus and some other gaemz last week. Summer summer summer time pickup post whenever I level up in Path of Exile. It’s my last goal for the current “league.” I also want to say August 4th will be a great time to start the game to try out the “flashback” league if you haven’t given the game a shot already. :ok_hand:

1 Like

season 1 was amazing, can’t wait to watch S2

2 Likes

So.

I downloaded Persona 5 way back during that Golden Week mega-sale.

Now I just have to decide if I want to make the investment.

I already know the “revelation” from reading posts online.

Think it’s worth it, as a whole, gamewise, knowing the story results going in?

Prolly.

It’s not like I didn’t have the villain of P4 pegged literally the moment he first opened his mouth.

Yea its worth it. The twist isnt even that impactful imo, its a heist twist you know? It only does so much.

The game as a whole is pretty great tho. Really fun.

2 Likes

There’s a lot to enjoy in a Persona game besides the main story. The confidants provide great story material too.

It depends on whether you like having your hand held while killing slow, low IQ demon replicas and running around grandiose locations. Regardless, here is the best part of the game (even though there are far better games for it):

Nobody gives a shit about your opinion.

3 Likes