Video Game General 6.3: Sekiro has so many damn chickens man. Chickens Everywhere!

Fucking hell.

I choked on my coffee and spilled some on myself, almost burning my crotch.

Fuck you and your anagrams smfh

2 Likes

Honestly, there was nothing about Darksiders 3 that interested me before I saw this gameplay. If the level design holds up in the final product, it should be an interesting game to pick up. Never really liked Castlevania, but this looks like it could be right up my alley.

People actually think darksiders 2 was goodā€¦

Lmao. I remember boring ass gameplay, baby difficulty and giant areas full of nothing.

1 Like

I liked it. Trag created a fun combat system and I enjoyed the loot. It had some flaws like not being able to justify the size of the world, and dungeon design gets a little repetitive by the end, but i still had a good time, I thought it was a solid 7. A bit above average, what was good was quite good, and what wasnā€™t could be fixed or built upon and wasnā€™t enough to ruin the experience. I thought it had a bit more unique identity then the first one as well, tho I liked the first one a good deal to.

Wouldnā€™t say it is boring but outside of the art design, all of the games are sort of amalgamations of better games. Some Zelda style puzzles, wannabe DMC combos and a tiny bit platformer.

It works despite the sum never equaling the greatness of the inspirations that it draws on. I wonder if there will be more Uncharted style action in the new game.

1 Like

Iā€™ve ranted on and on about my frustrations with that damn Darksidersā€¦ such amazing levels of tediumā€¦like if in real life you needed to do 2000 small tasks and find 70 little objects before you are allowed to simply cross the street. I wouldā€™ve preferred it if it were a pure action game that focused on fighting and killing thingsā€¦ease up on all the damn ā€œgo here and do this then go on the other side of the world to find this little thing so you can place it in the right spot on a wall in another dimension so you can pull a lever that raises a plank that you can jump over to catch the updraft and float over this 2 foot wall then go through another door to find the keyā€ nahhhhh fuck all THAT.

*Does anyone remember this 2d indie game coming up where you are set to play as a virus monster? It randomly hit me a little while ago but of course I canā€™t recall the name. It looks like if someone made a 2-d game where you are ā€œThe Thingā€, and you go around killing peopleā€¦yeah I canā€™t find it at allā€¦damn and that game was looking awesome; I was hoping it would eventually hit consoles too but so far it was only set for PC. It was an amorphous blob that would evolve as you kill and eat more people. Of course if you search variations of ā€œgame where you control a virusā€, so far I only get Plague Inc., Pandemic and Prototype as the big search results. Iā€™m just hoping that isnā€™t cancelled.
editā€“FOUND itā€” CARRION:

ah and thereā€™s the twitter page
https://twitter.com/kroskiewicz

1 Like

My issue with darksiders was it had no real identity. It was trying to be too many different genres at once and just got itself lost along the way. It was like a little bit of dmc over here, a little bit of Zelda over here, a little bit of platforming over here, a little bit of rpg over here. It was just a mess.

2 Likes

Agreed.

I remember critics praising the series primarily for the story and voice acting; with EGM giving the series cover spreads, special interviews with devs, long walkthrough articles and glowing reviews. However, not that many people played the games. I only knew one person that played them (and he was a Goth) but I, nor any of my other friends were interested.

As you stated, the gameplay was mediocre. The Goth let me and my friends borrow them; I played 5 min of the first one and noped out. My friends did as well. It played like a wack Legend of Zelda clone.

That is funny because 3D Zeldas have pretty whack gameplay themselves. I think it was interesting to have greater mobility and collect stuff in Darksiders II while following a more focused narrative. Combat felt a bit loose, but enjoyable and deep enough to not be tedious. It also helps that its not filled with garbage storytelling like 90% of Japanese games.

3 Likes

i think you guys should give the darksiders games a 2nd chance. since alot of you dropped the games before completing them. try to play them to completion. both games get better in every way as you progress. especially the 2nd one.

The second one was cool, but I only liked it for its combat. Anything that wasnā€™t combat was kinda meh, but maybe Darksiders 2 deserves another lookā€¦

Actually, I was referring to the Legacy of Kain seriesā€¦wow, I didnā€™t realize it, but my post could certainly have applied to Darksiders as well.

In fact, if it wasnā€™t for the fact that I beat the first Darksiders (and quit DS 2 after a glitch that stopped me from continuing the game), it might as well does apply: my Goth friend loved Darksiders too.

ohhhhh yeahā€¦that was another problem with Darksiders 2 that made me want to punch thingsā€¦ there was a game-breaking glitch in there. They eventually released a patch, but that was already too late for people that already encountered it (yep I was one of those people)ā€¦ you couldnā€™t even play the game at all at that point and had to start over completely. At that point I gave up on the damn game entirelyā€¦no way I was starting the most annoyingly tedious game ever all over again. ā€œItā€™s a no for me, dawgā€ fuck that. I shouldā€™ve sold it to at least get something out of that. At least the art was cool; I was always a fan of Madureira, even though that bastard never finished the Battle Chasers comic.

1 Like

The first two games were rough but thatā€™s the thing with old 3D games, they just tend to be rough (Edit: I think technically LoK wasnā€™t 3D but, well, itā€™s still rough). From SR2 onward though I feel like the series has really matured and SR2 in particular was a nice classic action-adventure with a bit of Metroid design on top. It could stand on its own feet and also deliver a great storyline whereas something like Uncharted just always felt hopelessly outclassed by the really strong TPS of its time (Gears and Vanquish mostly) to the point where I was just annoyed by the gameplay.
I mean obviously Uncharted is tighter and more focused because itā€™s a linear shooting game. But for me that doesnā€™t necessarily make it better.

I would be seriously hype for an HD re-release of brave fencer. It was one of the GOAT ps1 games.

I want a new Ivalice FFT in the worst way.

3 Likes

Nintendo will be at the San Diego comic con with various games including Smash

This is all 5 episodes in one go

Square needs to just stick with that realm for the next go at Final Fantasy.

Whatā€™s the greatest 16-bit RPG of all time?

In the year 1995

And when Akira Toriyama donā€™t cheap out on the Animation budget

And Which the only way to improve the game was someone took the GOAT version (SNES/SFC) and a
MSU-1 hack to include the PSX Cutscenes in the SNES/SFC game and Redbook Audio

The Media enhanced version only playable on BSNES/Higain Emulator and the SNES 2 SD Ram Cart.
3 Likes