Video Game General 6.3: Sekiro has so many damn chickens man. Chickens Everywhere!

Man this mod debate sure is some petty self obsorbed bullshit.

3 Likes

hell yeah Iā€™m back in the saddle again on GEARS 4, man, since this new Griffin challenge got meā€¦ sheeeeeit, in Horde mode my Scout just hit level 5 so I can equip 3 cards nowā€¦so Iā€™m rolling with this setup:

• Deposit Bonus level 5 = +50% bonus on the fabricator deposits
  • Health boost level 3 = +60% health
  • Shotgun Damage level 3 which is +60% damage thereā€¦ though Iā€™d probably swap out on occasion for increased radius on power pickups or that card that grants increased power from executed enemies.

Oh yes, my Scout is indeed The Shit.

1 Like

God damn, God of War. Iā€™m playing on the second hardest difficulty and I got my shit pushed in a lot already, lol. Iā€™m starting to get the hang of it though, got through a couple boss fights. Love how there are so many options on how you want to play, and you really kinda have to experiment with the different mechanics. This game is mad fun!

6 Likes

I just went with the default difficulty. Iā€™ve died like 3 times so far in the first 2 or so hours so I like the difficulty. Itā€™s not frustrating hard but itā€™s also not too easy.

I think the attack mechanics in this game may be a bit deeper than it appears initially. I feel like I was doing some pretty badass combos that included me throwing the axe mid combo and pulling it back later in the combo, and that was just fucking around.

2 Likes

My only complaint so far about God of War is how small the text is. There is so much that I need to read (tutorials etc), and even more that I actually want to read (additional lore on some of the weird-ass creatures, spirits, etc), so it is kind of frustrating. I sit about 6ā€™ away from a 55" 4K TV. (Game looks stunning in 4K+HDR, but I set it to prioritize framerate after toying with the first few scenes)

Thankfully it isnā€™t just me getting old, and others also have issue with it, and they are working on a patch to address it. (https://twitter.com/corybarlog/status/985083638592061441)

But yeahā€¦ the only thing Iā€™ve found to complain about so far is font size, so I guess that says something. Iā€™m about 5 hours in and loving everything else about it so far. ā€œFuckinā€™ gratitude.ā€

1 Like

I wonder if they forgot to scale the resolution of the font size to be double when running in 4k. I didnā€™t find it too small but Iā€™m playing in 1080p.

1 Like

Loving the new God of War as well. Iā€™m actually surprised how much Iā€™m enjoying it because I didnā€™t love the original trilogy too much. This game makes it very tempting to get a PS4 pro to see how good it looks in 4K. However, it sounds like the PS5 isnā€™t too far off.

I hadnā€™t really thought of that. Iā€™ve got a 55" 1080p screen as well so maybe Iā€™ll hook it up and see, or see if I can force resolution on my ps4 to 1080p. Anything to ease the eye strain and let me keep playing. (Okay maybe Iā€™m a little addictedā€¦)

and here we go with the dilemma of watching streams on a game where I care about story, of courseā€¦ one of my favorite streamers happens to be live with God of War right now, but I must resist the temptation to watchā€¦ :weary:

back to Gears 4 for nowā€¦ in just 2 Horde sessions Iā€™m already at around 450 killsā€¦and that was playing it solo! ā€¦sheeeeit, this Griffin unlock challenge will be easy.

1 Like

I have to sayā€¦Christopher Judge is doing a PHENOMENAL job as Kratos. Love TC Carson and the his legacy with the character but they did a hell of a pick with him.

2 Likes

I wonder if there is a ā€œboyā€ counter for God of War. Kratos says it like every other word lol. Iā€™ve played it for like 3 or so hours now and I feel like every other sentence he says starts with ā€œboyā€.

1 Like

PC Master Race!

1 Like

Im 7 hours in and wow this is def. one of the best games Ive played this gen, maybe even one of the games of all time.
The game looks hella amazing & the combat is some of the best Ive ever seen in a game.
Everything in GoW is just too perfect.

GOTY 2018 :slight_smile:

Some points discussed about single player games today.

IMO there are fair points madeā€¦

1 Like

If Monster Hunter hadnā€™t released, GOW would be game of year. Holy fuck Iā€™m amazed at how much I love this game.

And that axe? Throwing that fucker, calling it back, the combat and how itā€™s integrated into puzzles/exploration is phenomenal.

No lootbox shenanigans either? Whoooo!

5 Likes

That vid is pretty spot on imo.

I HATE DLC for single player games. It really messes up the flow when you beat the game already, then new content comes out. Should just delay the game or whatever if they feel there can be more content to be added but we all know itā€™s a business.

Idk about most people, but when I beat a game, there really isnā€™t much incentive to replay it right away. Unless the game was built for replayability, but most RPGs are not.

Aight so, God of War has humbled the fuck out of me. I was worried the game would be too easy pre-releaseā€¦

1 Like

Just for the record, setting the PS4 to 1080P does not make the font size better on my 4K TV. I havenā€™t bothered to try my 1080P TV to see if native resolution it will look better. Iā€™m just straining my eyes through the game instead. :stuck_out_tongue:

This.
Fuckinā€™ Monster Hunter World got GOTY on lock but goddamn if GOW isnā€™t nothing short of nut-busting spectacle!!

'DAT AXE!! is the MVP once you start unlocking the right skills and then the really good shit!!

1 Like

Just got home from a strole around the Pale Verde Swap Meet. Only place in town i could find Sega Saturn pads I tried 5 other shops and got nuthin, little stall at the swap meet the seize of a walk closet had 5 of em lol. Anyway scooped up a model 2 Saturn pad for 15 bucks. Bless.

Lots of other good stuff to, couple top load NESā€™s, NES Ducktales for 20 bucks, a Turbo Graphics CD, bunch of other shit.

I will be going back to scoop up a lot of that stuff soon, the prices and condition of the stuff was too good.

1 Like