Video Game General 6.3: Sekiro has so many damn chickens man. Chickens Everywhere!

No Man’s Sky - 11 Things That Have Changed Since Launch

The problem is that Arena told her when they hired her that they had no problem with talking the way she did in social media and would respect her willingness to speak up on certain things. Then they just folded to pressure from the fandom without any internal inquiry. This sets a very bad precedent of Arena just capitulating to loud voices whether or not it really is justified. It tells the community that Arena will just throw their staff under the bus whether or not it’s justified.

2 Likes
1 Like

*recent conversation with a close friend-- the topic of the game Fable came up-- as usual he never got around to finishing part 2 (that guy never finishes any games…one of the downsides to being “Mr. Family Man”, y’know). Since he didn’t mind I went on to explain exactly why that is the absolute WORST final boss encounter I’ve ever experienced in a game, then it suddenly hit me— this is like if Rian J. along with the rest of the current Star Wars “regime” wrote the ending to that. Basically this sort of troll ass thinking, behind the scenes->>“Ohhhh you THOUGHT there was going to be some epic final battle, eh? Ehhhh? GOTCHA! We put the most anti-climactic horseshit EVER in there instead! GOTCHA!!! HE DIES IN ONE HIT, LOL!”—yeah fuck that. It has been years now, and that ending sequence still irritates me. Whoever wrote that final boss “encounter”… I really would not mind watching you get punched a few times.

We fondly remember how awesome part 1 was though; I only played a bit of that but it was a damn good first impression. I remember the townsfolk running back to their houses when I transformed into that hulking beast…they’d shut the doors thinking they were somehow safe in their homes but they were wrong…you could bust down the door and get in there…ravage the entire town. In both games you could be such an evil monster… heh, man those were good times.

Code Vein delayed into 2019

They didn’t fold to pressure. They saw their employee act like a total asshole to a customer when the hostility wasn’t warranted. No matter how much Jessica and press spin it she was absolutely in the wrong. The incident happened during a hoilday when the offices were closed. They couldn’t handle it when it occurred so the CEO took action the following day.

5 Likes

Man I love me some MK1 and 2. Thanks for those videos. The impact in the visuals and sound in MK1 was way ahead of it’s time. Kano’s knife throw is a perfect example of that.

I was reminded today that its the anniversary of Iwata’s death.

Its still crazy hearing about all of the god like programming this man did even while still being a CEO.

4 Likes

This image always struck a cord with me. Iwata was one of kind.

5 Likes

Im hearing that Nintendo is stealthily releasing new switches to fix the hacking. Only seeing one source for it right now and not much else at the moment. Supposedly the orginal source is from reddit. If true that means that only the older systems are vulnerable for the time being.

Spawn Wave covered it. I’ve never known him to post BS. Main reason I’m subbed to his channel.

Stuff from inside xbox show

Yakuza producer days switch is probably not an ideal fit for Yakuza, may come to xbone

Fighting ex layer getting additiona characters for free

1 Like

It is sad to think that the stress resulting from the Wii U’s underperformance which he couldn’t really do anything about had such a detrimental effect on his health…

1 Like

Kill-la-Kill looks pretty dope

1 Like

Ridley, wolf and Inkling amiibos will release on the same day as smash for 15.99

Other Smash amiibos will see re release to the end of the year at 12.99. Think I’ll get Ridley and Wolf at least.

Darksiders 3 dev announces Remnant: From The Ashes

Fortnite on switch gets updated with gyro controls
https://www.epicgames.com/fortnite/en-US/patch-notes/v5-0?sessionInvalidated=true

This should be interesting. Essentially Gyro @ 30fps (iirc its 30fps) vs reg controller @ 60fps vs M&K @ 60fps.

German court has now banned the use of the term ‘coming soon’ for marketing and sales purposes

Another Witcher game will be coming but it won’t be ‘Witcher 4’

Octopath dev says they are making titles other than just switch games, no plans for dlc on octopath

Apparently people have been asking the team to remake ffVI using their engine but their studio is foe making new stuff.

Hype for new Gwent Packs! lol

Hope it’s a real Witcher game (Love Gwent but you know what I mean), that would be awesome. Wonder if it will be more Geralt or not. I would totally be down to Walk the Path as Eskel.

Was the “Coming Soon” moniker REALLY hurting anyone in Germany?

I don’t get the appeal as 2D sprites look hideous on a 3D background and the depth of field and layered sprite movement are painful to look at. I have always hoped that if Final Fantasy VI ever received a remake it would be in the cartoonized 3D art style of Rogue Galaxy…

1 Like