Video Game General 6.3: Sekiro has so many damn chickens man. Chickens Everywhere!

Dude, don’t get me started on Rogue Galaxy… that is a forgotten classic that needs a reboot pronto.
The voice acting was superb, gameplay was simple and intuitive, the narrative was alright and best of all, the aesthetics were amazing.
Too bad the random battles going into the final areas got cheesy. Still a great game though.

1 Like

I completely disagree. The most appealing thing about Octopath Traveler are the dreamlike visuals. That’s subjective, of course.

1 Like

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Picked up the Tokyo Xanadu EX LE for 1/4th what it used to cost(200 dollars before the price drop. sweet, sweet jesus.) I knew it would drop in price since it’s pretty niche and I imagine most people don’t want to drop 200 bucks on a CE. The funny thing is the standard version cost more than that LE around here at the moment. :rofl:

Vita game collection is like 97% complete. They were a bit expensive but I just don’t see Vita games locally and even online they’ve started to climb in price. The F1 game is actually pretty fun, the guys who made the recent Sonic racing games made that game I believe(Sumo Digital) which is probably why it’s as solid as it is.

Crash Team Racing bois! I never played it back in the day but I’ve heard nothing but good things. I was all about Mario Kart 64 and Diddy Kong Racing back then, mainly DKR.

Outcast is a remake of an older PC game that I never played. Rad Rodgers looks like it’s on some Commander Keen/Contra shiieet according to the pictures on the back. That+the price+THQ Nordic publishing it=it’s probably solid. :+1:

6 Likes

DOUBLE POST LET US ENJOY A TOAST

I thought for the longest time Octopath Traveler was a sequel to the indie game Octodad. I only recently found out it was a new SE game. :rofl:

Edit: Who picked up Fighting EX Layer?

I don’t find selective blurriness or isometric shapes to be dreamlike. As far as games are concerned Silent Hill and Psychonauts would fit my idea of dreamlike.

I’m glad for you.

1 Like

Cool, everyone has different ideas. Neat huh?

1 Like

Takahashi says that there are updates coming to mario kat 8 deluxe.

No specifics

I legit thought something along the lines of that too. I need a switch soon.

They made Rinoa a Stand User, that’s hilarious.

I been looking into PC VR and saw that the OG Vive costs $500 now. Price is low enough to try it out but they are sold out everywhere. I really hope it didn’t get phased out by the pro because $500 is a sweet spot with what the Vive offers.

1 Like

Uset hacks Splatoon 2’s ranking system to get nintendo’s attention on the exploit

I don’t know about your dreams, but mine are crystal clear with a far wider variety of shapes than an isometric grid could ever allow.

Good. I still like the visuals in Octopath Traveler.

Fair enough. It was not really my intent to criticise what you like, but to highlight an aesthetic that I think would do justice to a remake of a favourite game of mine and to question your interpretation of the term “dreamlike”.

Why question my interpretation of dreamlike? I used that word because the images in Octopath Traveler bring to mind a feeling of euphoric surrealism with the 16-bit sprites and objects in a 3D world. The lighting adds to this effect, as does the blend of some realistically rendered objects and effects. I’m not literally trying to describe my fucking dreams- the word is a god damned adjective I saw used in a IGN review of the game that I thought really hit the nail on the head is all. For fuck’s sake, man.

Rumors have been popping up about Direct coming this month…the one list I saw of supposed leaked games looked absolutely ridiculous. Could have put more effort into the faking it.

I had thought that Directs are pretty much quarterly done now outside of special solo focused ones.