Video Game General 6.3: Sekiro has so many damn chickens man. Chickens Everywhere!

So what are the games to get for this Steam summer sale?

Hey I am glad the series is sticking to 2D.

Yeah, armor still loses to those. My main concern is that, while most Gougi tend to encourage you to play a certain way, both Gougiā€™s that give the armor have it as a comeback mechanic.

That said, broken stuff is good. Currently running Hokuto with Shinobi so people get caught with mixups they canā€™t see. Also trying D.Dark with Stealth Raptor, the hop lets him end combos in a way that forces opponents to roll away, unless they want to eat 50/50s all day.

Ok, Assault Android Cactus is the free game on X1 right nowā€¦ Iā€™ve been having funā€¦until late in the game when things become borderline IMPOSSIBLE.

Basically, thereā€™s so many things going against the player, I donā€™t think they even really tested some of this shit to see if it can be beat.

• Your character has a ā€œbatteryā€, so basically a time limitā€¦ if this runs out, you die no matter what.
  • You have a health bar, but it may as well be irrelevant because in late game, EVERYTHING seems to 1-shot you. Of course this wastes precious time as the battery continues to drain away.
  • Extra battery will spawn right on top of the boss or in a pile of enemiesā€¦now you have to get hit and likely die getting itā€¦and there is no choice in the matter. Oh and the battery packs have a time limit on them, so you canā€™t just take your time killing the enemies before picking it up, which would be the sensible approach.

Itā€™s a twin-stick shooter type of thing, so naturally enemies are swarming in from all sides. I made it to what appears to be the last boss, but it has a ton of different forms/phases, and you ONLY get a battery pack when you defeat a formā€¦meanwhile this thing has lasers that scan the entire area as it spins around in the first form, and itā€™s too fast for you to dodgeā€¦you have to actually hope the lasers just go away (sometimes the lasers thin out) or you force it to form #2 before it hits yaā€¦while dodging these lasers, thereā€™s bullets all over the screen that just hang thereā€¦then as the boss spins they start moving tooā€¦this is just form #1. And of courseā€¦if your battery runs out on any form you have to start all of this over. 99% of people that play this will not beat this shit, no way.

Being able to tell the dummy to do a specific move (special, normal, throw, super, etc.) from a list, instead of having to manually input it yourself, on wake-up or out of block is such a great feature in Fighting EX Layer. Why other companies havenā€™t done this yet, I donā€™t know.

The only issue at the moment is that it seems that the computer gets stuff out of blockstun faster than should be possible, almost as if its cancelling out of block stun.

Sorry.

Canā€™t set out down that Path just yet.

Still having too much fun in Grim Dawn.

Currently Ranged Primal Striking fools into rag dolls.

Pichu and Ice Climbers will be getting amiibo

Not surprising but we at least have confirmation

Main cover star for nba 2k19 was revealed

Starfield may show up on current gen consoles

Kingdom hearts will be doing some orchestral concerts. Check times for places near you if interested

I mean, if itā€™s some artsy fartsy thing or some kind of radically new way to play a genre, maaaaaybe theyā€™d have a point but that shit doesnā€™t apply to their game lol

1 Like

Thatā€™s the defense you guys are going with in response to making the next command and conquer super simplified and on mobile? Thatā€™s pretty out of touch.

Activision has apparently started hiring for next gen

command and conquer super being simplified and on mobile ?
Yeah talk about digging up the corpse from itā€™s grave, and defiling it further.

Also FUCK MOBILE.

FUCK EA !!! BOYCOTT THIS SHIT!

Is it much of a boycott if people arenā€™t going to buy it anyway?

2 Likes

EA did the same to the corpse of Dungeon Keeper. Next thing you know they will bastardize Ultima and make it a Facebook game.

2 Likes
3 Likes

Now Iā€™ll finally actually play itā€¦

Two things. Do you speak the language of Chinese? and How about a game of Lucky Hit :wink:

3 Likes

Do you know where I can find some sailors?

6 Likes

Iā€™m suddenly interested in fork lifting

2 Likes

Donā€™t forget forklift racing!

Isnt that the idea though?