Video Game General 6.3: Sekiro has so many damn chickens man. Chickens Everywhere!

You have to remember that Nomura is also having to work on Kingdom Hearts 3 at the same time as the Remake. So it seems that they want to get that one out first (and actually finally get it out) before going full steam on VII.

The double boss challenge is prob gonna be some bs

1 Like

Iā€™m really interested in what Nomura has in store for FFVIIR if CyberConnect2ā€™s work wasnā€™t good enough to build on.

Videogamedunkey - enter the gungeon

Toys R Us might be getting a wished back by the Dragonballs

NPD May 2018

Video game industry on the whole is up 13% year over year right now and theyā€™re expecting to continue to steadily grow. Dollar sales are down in comparison to May last year though because of Injustice 2ā€™s release last year in comparison.

In terms of hardware right now Sony was top dog last month. They have been on fire this year so far. All 3 consoles have apparently achieved all time highs for the month of may but PS4 is still selling the most year to date.

Software top 20
State of Decay 2 (really surprising that this is no 1 considering what Iā€™ve heard), God of War, Detroit Become Human (up this high?), Far Cry 5, DK: Tropical Freeze (keep going!), GTA V, Hyrule Warriors Definitive Edition (top 10?), Rainbow Six Siege, Mario Kart 8, NBA 2K18, MLB 18, CoD WWII, Super Mario Odyseey, LoZ:BotW, FIFA 18, Overwatch, Street Fighter Anniversary Collection (top 20? not bad!), PUBG, Ass Creed Origins, Monster Hunter World (hanging in there)

Top 10 Xbone
State of Decay 2, Far Cry 5, PUBG, GTA V, Rainbow Six Seige, CoD WWII, Overwatch, Sea of Thieves, NBA 2K18, FIFA 18

Top 10 PS4
God of War (game might be up here till Spider-man), Detroit: BH, Far Cry 5, MLB 18, GTA V, FIFA 18, NBA 2K18, Rainbow Six Siege, CoD WWII, Overwatch

Top 10 Switch
DKC:TF (no.1? NICE), Hyrule Warriors Definitive Edition (Didnā€™t think this game would get a second wind like this), Mario Kart 8, Super Mario Odyssey, LoZ: BotW, Splatoon 2 (have a feeling with the dlc release this might move up next month), Kirby Star Allies, Labo Toy Con 01, Mario & Rabbids, Elder Scrolls V( heeeeey! the only true 3rd party on this list)

Top 10 3DS
P: Ultra Sun, P: Ultra Moon, Shin Megami Tensei Strange Journey Redux, Mario Kart 7 (this game is so evergreen), Super Smash Bros (evergreen is expected of this), Detective Pikachu, Super Mario 3D Land, Super Mario Maker, Minecraft, Mario Party The Top 100

Best selling games of 2018 so far
Far Cry 5, God of War (might take over next month), Monster Hunter World, CoD WWII, DBFZ, GTA V, NBA 2K18, MLB 18, Mario Kart 8, PUBG

Best selling games for the past 12 months
CoD WWII, NBA 2K18, Destiny 2, Dat Madden 18, Super Mario Odyssey, Star Wars Battlefront II, Far Cry 5, GTA V, Ass Creed Origins, FIFA 18

Take note that Minecraft is actually no where to be found on any of the platforms. Also goinng to point out that GTA V is literally on every top 10 for just about everything save for the platforms that it isnā€™t currently on. Kinda curious of Rockstar will even decide to just port the game to Switch and call it day sounds like possible easy money to me at this point.

1 Like

Toys R Us is dead

1 Like

Iā€™m shocked that State of Decay 2 is doing so well. Iā€™ve been waiting for it for multiplayer alone, and I heard that itā€™s basically the same game, but with the addition of multiplayer.

Technically, only in the US.

So Bethesda claim against Waner Brothers copying Fallout Shelter to make their Westworld including the Westworld having the exact same bugs earlier versions of Fallout shelter has

Summary

The lawsuit examines the many similarities between Westworld and Fallout Shelter in detail, but what makes the case seem particularly egregious is Bethesdaā€™s allegation that Westworld contains the same bugs as Fallout Shelter did when it was launched. One such bug causes the view to be off-center and out of focus at startup, ā€œas if a camera capturing the scene had been inadvertently pointed to the lower right foreground and then slowly refocuses on the central image.ā€

ā€œThe identical problem appeared in initial versions of Fallout Shelter but was addressed before Fallout Shelter was released to the public,ā€ the lawsuit states. ā€œWhile this error was ultimately fixed in subsequent builds of Fallout Shelter, the appearance of the bug in the Westworld game demo makes clear that the Fallout Shelter source code was used by Behaviour in developing the Westworld game.ā€

I canā€™t test either game to determine if that claim is true, but I donā€™t think itā€™s the kind of thing that a competent lawyer would throw into a lawsuit without being able to demonstrate proof. And if Bethesda can prove it, thatā€™s pretty damning evidence that Behaviour did in fact build Westworld using Fallout Shelter source code.

This is like when you got caught cheating on a test as you copy every answers including the wrong answers.
All Warner Bros did was change the art assets, even the visual style of the art is the same.

2 Likes

Sony confident that they will reach a solution that their base will be ok with in regards to crossplay

Here is a tip Sony. If you donā€™t want to play ball with crossplay because you are the BMOC then thats fineā€¦I get it. But when your not wanting to crossplay is interfering with people using an acct that it could essentially use ANYWHERE elseā€¦that is not a good look.

Of all the companies they had to steal code from, it just had to be lawsuit happy Bethesda.

1 Like

PUBG dropped their suit on Fortnite

1 Like

goddamn those Incredibles characters look atrocious in the Lego style. That look is always ā€œehhhhā€ to me anyway, even though I loved Legos when I was a kidā€¦ but it looks especially bad on Incredibles. They just look stupid, manā€¦goofy and retarded in the worst possible way. If there was a ā€œrealā€ Incredibles game Iā€™d probably play that.

I think Power Rangers could possibly work in that style thoughā€¦ possibly. ā€¦and The Little Koala and Dangermouse, but of course those are IPs that havenā€™t been relevant for several years, and most people probably forgot they even existed; no way that would be made.

The third Zero Escape game will be a free game for the Vita. Jumping all over it.

1 Like

It will be fun to revisit Heavy Rain and try out Absolver. I donā€™t think I have been interested in any two games in any given month previously offered as part of the service.

Nah fuck that fortnight bullshit.

If I start playing any other multiplatform game on one console I dont expect my data to carry to everything else it released on whats so special about fortnite that it got all the special ed kids screaming that they cant fit their ps2 memory card into their gamecube.

1 Like

Rather they canā€™t log into their Netflix account on their Windows PC because they already logged in on their iPad at some point. Itā€™s an account thing, not a savegame thing, even though in Fortniteā€™s case theyā€™re linked.

4 Likes