Video Game General 6.3: Sekiro has so many damn chickens man. Chickens Everywhere!

Glad Capcom is excited that they are on a roll…now don’t fuck up!

Also that VR for switch has been rumored for a minute. Wonder what they’ll do for it.

1 Like

A few good games doesn’t put capcom back in good graces with me. Especially with the track record they’ve had the last decade or so.

Yes I’m still fucking salty about them canceling Mega Man Legends 3

The thing to remember with Capcom is they’re coming of releases of two of their biggest selling franchises with MH:World and the RE2 Remake. Both guaranteed sellers with one being their best selling single release of all time (SF2 and RE2 only beat MH:W out when you count the re-releases).

So it’s more likely we’ll see them focusing on these franchises more, over any smaller ones.

Fuck Capcpom!

3 Likes

That’s not how you spell Cacpcom.

1 Like

Aw, fuck! Where’s po when you need him, eh?

Yeah fuck crapcum!!

I’d like to see a new Onimusha, Dragon’s Dogma and a Lost Planet game in the vein of Lost Planet 2.

I thought Onimusha was a digital only release but it got a physical release too. I’ll try to grab a copy towards the end of the month depending how my tax returns are looking. I still don’t get why they didn’t remaster 1-3 instead of just the original game. Weird decision imo.

4 Likes

I seriously think money and licensing has to do with it. For 2 and 3 they would have had to pay Jubei’s actor (forget his name) and Jean Reno.

That’s my guess honestly

3 Likes

Capcom is on a roll, but comments at the more mainstream forums with the “CAPGOD is back!!!” are a little…pre-mature, thus far. They still need to treat the legacy titles with respect (looking at MM/MMZ collections), how the release games on the Switch and their fighting game division is still ‘lol’ despite me liking SFV.

MM11 and DMCV (demo) are fantastic and I can’t wait to grab RE2 Remake, but they still got a little bit to go. I’ll be grabbing MH:W at some point too.

They are mostly on the up and up. Not saying they are Godcom yet or anything but I think they are a long way away from where they used to be.

Their Switch content has been hella frustrating tho, the Switch Resident Evil situation has me passing on all 3 titles on the platform.

1 Like

Nintendo’s foray into VR is Labo VR, which I’ll probably pick up. I wanted to get into VR this year with PSVR but that got put on the back burner with the releases on the PS4 and Switch coming out, and a little farther back than that with Labo VR.

If Cyberpunk 2077 has VR support then I will get PSVR when the game drops.

@Sonichuman

Here’s the Labo VR news https://www.tomsguide.com/us/nintendo-labo-vr-kit-news,news-29581.html

@Radiantsilvergun3

If Cyberpunk 2077 supports VR for the whole game, PSVR and that game are mine day one. I’ve already said my piece about the game, but the VR implementation would get me onboard no questions asked.

Just like with RE2 I’ve been on media blackout for DMCV. I didn’t bother with the demo for either game too.

I haven’t seen anything when it comes to Sekiro outside of the initial E3 trailer either. This month is fucking awesome but I realistically won’t play these games until the new Path of Exile league dies down a bit next month sometime. That game is just eternal crack.

Oh yeah, fucking Jean Reno. :rofl:

Remember how he’d pronounce his sons name in the game? “ONREE. ONREE”

1 Like

Still better game and a better fit than Melee

1 Like

The timed RE2 demo is what sold me on the game. At first it was an ‘eventual purchase sometime down the line…at some point’ to ‘I need this game sooner than later’. The zombie interactions just in the demo were top class.

1 Like

Dragon Quest 8 competitive speed run?

1 Like

Home Alone SNES was a better game than Melee.

1 Like

I’ve never been interested in resident evil. And please, don’t get that twisted. I think it’s an awesome and iconic series and absolutely deserves the praise it gets. It’s had some questionable games and decisions. RE6, the game about HUNK and Chris punching a rock come to mind but over all it’s an amazing series. I’ve just never been big on survival horror games. They simply don’t interest me.

That said: I did thoroughly enjoy watching my friend in jr high speed run RE 1-3 whenever I’d spend the weekend at his house. He’d always play them in between our Phantasy Star Online and Zombies (a board game) sessions.

Now you’re just being silly. Melee is an awesome game imo. Great roster, good music, deep and complex gameplay at the top level. The only thing that ruins the game is it’s community.

4 Likes