Video Game General 6.3: Sekiro has so many damn chickens man. Chickens Everywhere!

Apparrently Turok and Turok 2 are coming to Switch

4 Likes

Cerebral Bore time!

4 Likes

I can still barely believe both DMC5 and Sekiro are within a few weeks of each other. What a mega hype month

6 Likes

Nvm. They answered my question literally seconds within the video. Turok hype!

I donā€™t think Turok will have aged well. That game was cool at itā€™s time though.

3 Likes

Nothing put fear in my brothersā€™ and I playing than when someone had the cerebral bore on deck LOL

2 Likes

Those two are my day one buys for the month. Left Alive and Yoshi Crafted World will have to wait.

Itā€™s aged like fine wine, actually. A lot of shooters from the 90ā€™s have.

Switch version will probably have the perks of the PC release like being 60 FPS. Thereā€™s no weapon limit. The sound and music design is great. You get a weapon that is a nuke which 1-taps the entire fucking screen which is made even more satisfying by the fantastic sound design. I had a blast playing it again with the PC release. Edit: Youā€™re also mobile as hell which is always fun.

1 Like

I want a new Duke game on the build engine.

1 Like

I want to see another Deadpool game. He does Duke Nukem gimmick better and far more relevant.

2 Likes

ā€œItā€™s almost too good a story to believe, yet here we are in 2019 and it strains credibility to say any less: Path of Exile, the once-small crowdfunded game from the mind of Chris Wilson, has surpassed Diablo II as the greatest ARPG ever made, and itā€™s only getting better from here.ā€

Diablo II was my favorite in the genre for a long time, but after god knows how many updates PoE has surpassed it for me just as it did for that guy.

DMCV drops on Friday and I have my pre-order ready to be picked up.

Path of Exileā€™s new expansion drops on Friday.

ā€¦

Iā€™ll be playing Path of Exile, though Iā€™ll try to play DMCV for a bit while PoE updates. 1000ā€™s of hours and I STILL enjoy the hell out of the game. They drop new content every 3 months to shake things up. The game had a humble beginning with just 2 acts to run through. Now the game has TEN acts and ā€œend-gameā€ content out the ass. The itemization is interesting as hell and thereā€™s just so much to do and see. Depth out the ass!

The PS4 release is coming out in a few weeks too which they will be announcing soon.

^ Picked up a new set which makes me look like a mix of Tyreal from Diablo and the painting guardians from Dark Souls Juan. I also managed to complete 36/40 ā€œchallengesā€ last league which work as achievements/trophies. Only 1% of players managed to get 36/40 challenges completed and they toss you a free back attachment AKA cloak/wings to rock which looks pretty damn awesome. I felt pretty special. :sunglasses:

3 Likes

I only want to see another Duke Nukem game if they get Clint from LRG to do Dukeā€™s voice.

1 Like

Wish I could grab Sekiro this month, but I wouldnā€™t have been able to give it the proper time I think it would deserve. Gonna get it come Black Friday though.

I hope I beat Bloodborne by then, lulz.

1 Like

Grim Dawn is the best ARPG of all time.

No ā€œAlways Onlineā€ bullshit either.

Which is always welcome.

Ah - fuck it.

Always Online ruins good games, much less mediocre ones.

If Grim Dawn were Always Online itā€™d be shit too.

If Path of Exile were not Always Onlineā€¦ itā€™d still lose handily to Grim Dawn.

1 Like

Other than playing Path of Exile all of the damn time, I picked up this game:

I got about 1/2 through Metro: 2033 and Metro: Last Light before I stopped playing them( will go back eventually) but this one? I literally could not put it down until the credits rolled. In an era where most FPS games are multiplayer focused comes this gem which focuses on a single player campaign with an interesting cast of characters, graphics that are better than Battlefield V and REmake 2(seriously, I was stopping every 10 seconds to look at my surroundings in awe. The texture work is unbelievable and the draw distance just wonā€™t quit.) REmake 2 had better character models but thatā€™s it, Metro: Exodus trumps it in every other aspect graphically. It might just be the overall best looking game on the market and itā€™s no surprise Digital Foundry is shitting itself over it. The game is dripping with atmosphere too.

This game has the best FPS campaign Iā€™ve played through since last years DUSK. It was fantastic.You can play it however you like as well which is always welcome. You can go for a more stealth approach OR you can go RAMBO. Iā€™d try to stealth around most of the time, but if I was spotted it didnā€™t matter since you could just take out everybody. I really liked having the option between stealth or going all out.

I didnā€™t know Sekiro was releasing so soon. Iā€™m filing my taxes on Friday so I should be able to Day Juan it. Iā€™m looking forward to RAGE 2, the new DOOM, Wolfenstein, Shenmue III and Bloodstained this year as well as a few other games. This year is looking pretty damn good. :+1:

@Dangerous_J Manx and Shaft have been asking about you in Discord dude!

1 Like

Nice to see you back Sonicabid!

Metro Exodus huh? Iā€™ll have to check it out

2 Likes

Iā€™ll have to wait a year to pick up Metro Exodus. Iā€™m not getting Epicā€™s launcher to play it.

1 Like

I think youā€™d really like it DJ. Imma do a pick-up post on Friday when I grab DMCV then I will most likely ghost again for a while to spend my free time with Path of Exile+DMCV+random life shiiieet. Pop into Shafts discord though!

Yeah, Iā€™m 99% sure this is going to negatively effect sales on that platform. I hope it does well regardless, the game is just great. 2019 has started off really strong with this game and RE2. I imagine Sekiro and DMCV will be great too. :+1:

Turok on Switch!? Switch keeps delivering! Day Juan!

1 Like