Video Game General 6.3: Sekiro has so many damn chickens man. Chickens Everywhere!

Yea i get why they dont do it, thats why they dont see my money.

I just realized Toejam & Earl Back in the Groove comes out March 1st. I kinda forgot about the game i hadnt heard about it in so long. Im hype now, its right around the corner.

1 Like

Let us know if you feel that way in a few days. From what iā€™ve been told itā€™s incredibly short with no endgame,itā€™s a looter shooter without impressive loot, and a game with ridiculous load times. I hear the combat is good though.

2 Likes

You get to the tomb mission yet?

Yeah Iā€™ll let you know. Iā€™m still way early in it. From a gameplay perspective itā€™s one of the most fun games of this type Iā€™ve ever played. Canā€™t comment on the content yet. But, as you guys all know, Iā€™m probably way less critical as long as Iā€™m finding enjoyment in something (see Destiny, TLJ, BvS, etc.).

I have not. Just did the first mission after unlocking the Storm Javelin last night. But, holy shit! Game has potential.

Since Iā€™m still on the fence with thatā€¦ Iā€™m still getting my looter-shooter fix with Warframe; played quite a bit this weekendā€¦ up to level 19 with Nidus now, feeling basically unstoppable at this point since I have all his powers. The visual design of Nidus and everything else in this game is on another level, manā€¦ I wish other devs had this level of creativity on the design front. If I customize him with some warm colors like red, orange, rust etcā€¦he kinda reminds me of ā€œKLESKā€ from the Quake 3 daysā€¦ kinda odd the Infestation life forms still attack me though, considering this character is one of them.

I got a heat sword blue-print and I started crafting just now (heat naturally does extra damage to the Infested creatures; quick noteā€”basically they seem to be the ā€œFloodā€ equivalent hereā€¦and playing Nidus fulfills my old fantasy of playing as a ā€œFloodā€ character in the Halo universe back in the day), so I finally will have a new melee weapon soon; Iā€™ve actually had the same bo since starting this game years ago. Iā€™ve made much more progress and have had more fun ever since unlocking Nidus and switching out to a shotgun type of weapon.

Curse of the Moon is free on Xbox Live right now so I just got that earlier.

EDITā€” got another sword blueprint just nowā€¦ sheeeit, I feel so overpowered right now and itā€™s awesome. ā€œVirulenceā€ power is at rank 3 now which is apparently max. The damage on that shit is huge. My other 3 powers are just overkill at this pointā€¦ I only really use them for fun as opposed to necessity. Nidus also has a natural healing factor. The enemies canā€™t fuck with thisā€¦ I got that Hulk-level healing factor going on; if I use the ā€œRavenousā€ ability then it ramps up even further; itā€™s just insane. The NIDUS cannot be stoppedā€¦damn I hate that my main crew didnā€™t get into this game that much. There was 1 other person I played this game with way back when it launched, but he was terrible.

Warframe I thought I could get into, but the textures in conjunction with the character designs freak me out and kinda make me nauseous, haha.

I remember being hyped for it when I got PS4, but I couldnā€™t deal. Didnā€™t expect it.

Here is a great game on Switch and on Steam

it has a similar vibe to Assault Suits Valken/ Cybernator

2 Likes

playing dead cells again.
costumes dont have special attributes. i took neon costume to the level where u need light to live hoping the outfit would eliminate need for light. nope. every outfit ive used doesnt have attributes.
just nice looking.
unlocked 2 weapons. i skill. giantkiller. and shrapnel axes. giantkiller is meh. worse than broadsword. axes are ok for weapons with no crits.
best thing i found was great owl of war. its like a barnacle turret but follows you around and shoots lots faster. the owl is best.
edit
got boyā€™s hammer.
you throw an axe. it gets stuck in an enemy and they cant move. its a weapon not a skill.
its dope. combine with hammer which also does stun. it has good synergy.

Warframeā€”ohhh yeah Iā€™m absolutely hooked big time at this pointā€¦ my new ā€œHeat Swordā€ finished crafting so I did a mission with it early this morning. Even a simple thing like weapon design in this game is leagues ahead of everything else in the genre, imo.

*One thing that would be nice that isnā€™t in the mixā€”Iā€™d love it if you could mix and match various pieces of the Warframes with each otherā€¦like thereā€™s some characters that have awesome head/helmet designs that Iā€™d like to have on other characters.

It looks like Rhino might be my next Warframe though I didnā€™t intend itā€¦I just happen to have most of the things necessary to build himā€¦ Iā€™d really like to get Atlas next though, and maybe Garuda later. I have Nidus at level 22 now, and the new heat sword is rank 4 already after that 1 mission I played.

Finally made it to Gran Pulse in FFXIII after playing for almost thirty hours. Grinding a fuckload. Iā€™m an advocate of this game during the Cocoon sections, but Pulse is when it really begins to open up. Finding an ideal grinding spot and getting specific fights down to a science for maximum crystogen point gain is extremely satisfying. Gil is really hard to come by, though, which makes it difficult to upgrade my weapons. Iā€™ve only managed to do it for two of my characters so far and Hope is going to have to wait.

People who say that FFXIII plays itself are talking utter bollocks. Iā€™d like to see those fucks try to kill a Behemoth King in less than a minute at the beginning of chapter 11 with no accessories worth a damn.

1 Like

Self imposed frabricafed difficulty doesnā€™t make a game good or justify shitty combat flow.

4 Likes

Self-imposed difficulty would be something like a RL1 run or a one character challenge. Being good enough at the game to farm with unusual efficiency is just being good at the game.

1 Like

Im playing Persona 5. Hearing im near the end. Im at the dice game portion on Niijima Palace. Palace is a cakewalk so far, im sure thatā€™s about to change momentarily. Lol

1 Like

I should probably start that one of these days.

I bought it on Deep Sale, way back when, and havenā€™t touched it yet.

Same with Monster Hunter.

So P5 is probably going to have to wait until I burn out on MHW.

1 Like

There was nothing difficult about FFXIII. It does play itself. Pretty sure I didnā€™t actually die to anything until post game stuff lol. You switch some shit and boom you killed whatever wrecked you.

1 Like

Extra

3 Likes

Thatā€™s a problem. Why wait 30 hours in and on the 11th chapter of a 13 chapter game for it to start feeling like Final Fantasy?

1 Like

When did the story start?

Years before the game did. They are going to fill you in either, off to the library with you for some reading. Gotta catch up on history an all.

Playing skies of Arcadia I rented it back in the day and remembered it being pretty dope so I decided to give the GameCube version a playthrough

1 Like