Video Game General 6.3: Sekiro has so many damn chickens man. Chickens Everywhere!

Game needed an idiot shounen hero. Everybody was depressed as fuck.

Jacket was dope as fuck.

1 Like

The game had Vanille and Sahz to fight off depression.

1 Like

I loved the paradigm battle system in 13.

picard

2 Likes

TLJ Espoused Syndrome.

Daemon X Machina finally up for preorder on amazon

Snow was one of the few characters i kinda liked in XIII (didnt really play that long.) Still dunno why he tucked a scarf into his pants tho.

1 Like

I dunno how it is now but a well built Mesa used to be able to wreck everything without even moving. Last I played they had introduced the open world thing. Her ā€œultā€ wasnā€™t able to target the open world boss, but all of the other content she would shit all over.

My prob with warframe (I love the game) is that you have 1 million answers to 2 questions. You have so many cool frames/weapons/abilities but they all just do the same thingā€¦kill enemies. Thereā€™s very little reason to ever switch to solve in game problems.

And FF13 was ok-ish. I loved to battle system. Everything else was meh

1 Like

You mean Tidus. And not just because of the horrendous voice acting, lack of personality and he a Jock in a game aimed towards the very nerds jocks pick on. But also that Tidus cries more often than Vivi did, and Vivi gets a pass as that guy is 5 years old. What is Tidusā€™s excuse? He was a popular pro athlete with tons of fame and groupies. So what he has Daddy issues, Shinji from Evangelion has more of a back bone than Tidus does.

Exactly

Soooā€¦one of the guys at GI is saying that Nintendo is reviving a dead/cancelled game. Didnā€™t think much of it until the rumor of it possibility being Scalebound came across my feed. Wowā€¦ if that shit happensā€¦

4 Likes

So NintenDoes what Microsoft Donā€™t

That would be some craziness but Kamiya is already directing that Babylon game isnā€™t he? I doubt heā€™d be doing that and Scalebound at the same time since that was also his baby

1 Like

so I finally hit a tough spot in Warframeā€¦ Iā€™ll check back on the fight with ā€œThe Jackalā€ later, because for my level 10 or 11 Nidus it was kind of ridiculous. It seems simple enough, but it looks like Iā€™m just not doing enough damage fast enough to really have much of a chance. (*Iā€™m already up to level 13 now though with a new gun so I may try again later tonight)

ā€¦I was checking the weapons that can be unlockedā€” this game actually gives ya what I was rambling about a few days agoā€” weapons with alternate functions! I havenā€™t got the blueprints for any of them yet but thatā€™s what I see in the descriptionsā€¦and just like the warframes themselves, thereā€™s a lot of cool weapon designs in thereā€¦AND they can be customized too. Hahah the comparisons between this and Destiny just get even more hilariously lopsided the more I find out hereā€¦bruhhhhh itā€™s not even close, imo :rofl: I played right at the beginning but got sidetracked with several other gamesā€¦then came back then got sidetracked again, probably by my Diablo 3 addiction.

One criticism I could say thoughā€” I could definitely see this game still being overwhelming to new people. Thereā€™s a LOT here to digestā€¦and most gamers probably arenā€™t often in the mood for something you may have to look up a few youtube vids and FAQs on to fully grasp. It might take a while just for the average person to get used to being efficient at the movement optionsā€¦ya got a wall-run, sliding, double jump then gliding via the mid-air aiming.

After seeing Alita:Battle Angel, I want a Motorball video game so much. Iā€™m thinking a combination of Formula 1 racing, Armored Core and rugby.

I had actually thought out the Johnny Cage movie but didnā€™t want to go full autism from the jump. I think Johnny Cage would be the best movie to introduce MK to non-MK fans. Out of all the OG Earthrealmers, heā€™s the one that has to be coached into being OK with straight up killing a dude. I imagined the movie being called ā€œJohnny Cage in ā€˜The First Killā€™ā€ and being sold as a Rated R martial arts flick. Johnny is filming a martial arts flick called ā€œThe First Killā€ but on the set, an attempt on his life is made. The culprit is revealed to be a member of the terrorist organization Black Dragon and an old friend and benefactor(who is secretly Raiden) gets Johnny a bodyguard from Special Forces(Stryker). The conflict of the movie is a proxy war between Raiden and Shang Tsung. Because of the rules of Mortal Kombat, no one from an other realm can kill a chosen one before the tournament, so instead he pays Kano to have it done. Raiden uses this as a test for Johnny while also easing him into his destined role. Kano is too important and cool to die in this movie so the final fight would be against Jarek and/or Kobra. The final fight would also be on the set and get the 80s to early 90s action movie treatment. Basically a parody of this.

The after credits would be Raiden, Sonya and Jax.

2 Likes

While I can see and believe Nintendo would and has done so recently. Scalebound seems unlikely, the game did not feel like the usual Platinum passion project which they would want to continue so I doubt it would find second life.

Maybe Devilā€™s Third is getting second wind.

IIRC Microsoft owns the Scalebound IP.

1 Like

This is just pure shit post baiting.

Also Vivi has one of the best written story arcs in any final fantasy. Him coming to terms with that fact heā€™s a defect and will die very sooner than later was fucking soul crushing. Dealing with your own mortality is never easy.

2 Likes

Shinji always getting dragged through the mud unfairly.

2 Likes

I really just dont see MS letting go of that IP even if they did cancel it. If Scalebound comes to Switch it will look different and not be called Scalebound.