Video Game General 6.3: Sekiro has so many damn chickens man. Chickens Everywhere!

I liked do nothing sassy Raiden.

1 Like

Iā€™m getting it. I liked what Iā€™ve seen and the game reminds me a lot of Metal Gear. If the game manages to be successful Square might dust off Front Mission.

1 Like

Posting the GOAT MK THE MOVIE SOUNDTRACK SONG FOR MY LONG LOST DUDE @goodm0urning

Blessed wherever you are for making me see the light:

Chinese Ninja Warrior Sub Zero :pray:

2 Likes

While I agree goro went out like a bitch I appreciated the silliness of it all. It was very ā€œJohnny Cageā€

Well once you become ā€˜The Oneā€™ it is not like you should have to do much fighting with your hands.

My favorite thing about Goro is how he killed Johnny Cageā€™s buddy. He pounded down on his and then they show him falling a different direction after. Looked so bootleg but it was awesome.

I think we can all agree the first Mortal Kombat is the best Western bootleg of Enter the Dragon we have gotten.

3 Likes

My thoughts exactly. Helps that Shinkawa did the character design for it as well though lol. And besides, Japan has actually produced pretty much all the most interesting TPS games anyway, Vanquish, Lost Planet, and Binary Domain just to name a few.

2 Likes

Actually I kinda did. Posted the Japanese one earlier but I would have posted the english one later to so thanks!

Goddamn that whole second half of the Liu Kang vs Reptile fight was great. Just Liu walking him down all angry and beating his ass.

MK is still the best videogame live-action movie. I remember several years, the regular posters here were trying to argue otherwise because of a MK vs SF discussion took place, but I wasnā€™t having ANY of it. A lot of people did bandwagon them though.

I imagine the whole movie is still awesome. I had the VHS tape and mustā€™ve watched the Johnny Cage vs Scropion fight over 100 times. Same with Liu vs Reptile. The soundtrack is what got me into Napalm Death, Fear Factory and Orbital.

Iā€™d probably still mark out seeing Sub-Zero back flip off a wall over Liu Kang.

I remember walking into the mall with theatre and seeing a sequel was on the post and had show times. I was confused since I didnā€™t read anything about itā€¦and hoo boy. That was a mistake, but I put it on the same level as the live-action SF movie.

4 Likes

The Liu Kang/Reptile fight was greatā€¦except for one issue. It makes no actual sense. And Iā€™m not talking about the fight choreography or anything. Where the fuck was Johnny during the whole thing?! This isnā€™t a tournament fight, heā€™s not required to sit out and itā€™s not like Liu admonishes having help since they fought together once already.

Itā€™s like the whole thing is a non-sequitur. Liu just randomly has a fight for 3 minutes and then comes back and both treat it like nothing ever happened.

1 Like

Shit talking is SRKā€™s bread 'n butter.

Apple is shit.

It pretty much writes itself.

iPods are still legit.

1 Like

Itā€™s something that was lost in the deleted scenes. Originally Kitana shows up to stop Johnny from helping Liu Kang, as it was something he had to overcome on his own. I donā€™t remember the details but generally that was why Johnny didnā€™t step in.

Talisa Soto was too much in that movie.

2 Likes

Hereā€™s an unpopular opinion.

First MK movie is a tad overrated.

Goroā€™s animatronics look TERRIBLE.

Leaving out the Sub-Zero/Scorpion rivalry is a total bummer.

2 Likes

Idk how itā€™s overrated. Itā€™s a decent movie, brought up to cult status because itā€™s one of the few VG movies that isnā€™t complete ass and the effect it ultimately had on the actual MK lore.

Goro obviously did look terrible, but thatā€™s to be expected.

3 Likes

Youā€™re right. That take is as cold as 3 day old pizza.

sheeeeit, playing Dead Cells again at the momentā€¦ this build I have going on right now is delicious:

• Pyrotechnics IV - S = 1541 (2745 DPS!), +150% damage (the ā€œthrow fireballsā€ skill
  • Turret #1-- Double Crossb-o-matic V++ = 542 dps
  • Turret #2 ā€“ Heavy Turret III+ (883 dps); I also deal +15% bonus damage if Iā€™m close to it.
  • Bloodthirsty Shield V - L

My passives are giving me further boosts to damage per second after taking damage, or if 2 enemies are near by, or after killing an enemy. I just made it to the Timekeeper and absolutely destroyed that bitch faster than ever before. It was funny how fast that health melted away.
hmmā€¦ yeah Iā€™ll swap out the ā€œdamage bonus if near 2 enemiesā€ passive to one that just boosts damage if Iā€™m near my turretsā€¦it will probably stack on top of the bonus Iā€™m already getting from the Heavy Turret. Haha this is what I love in any game with builds like this, manā€¦ I enjoy stacking that damage to get the most ridiculous results possible. I didnā€™t even go into whatā€™s going on with the affixes on my gear. Itā€™s just disgusting :rofl:

editā€“yep, and the game just couldnā€™t hang with all this powerā€¦ in addition to it apparently being easier since the patch; I easily made it through to the end with this and went on to defeat the final boss. The ā€œVengeanceā€ passive also now gives you 60% damage reduction for a few seconds after being hit so that helped as well. Previously, I couldnā€™t even last more than a few seconds at the final boss.

1 Like

2 Likes