Video Game General 6.3: Sekiro has so many damn chickens man. Chickens Everywhere!

@Phantom_Angel

If anyone is saying that Apple and Android product are the same they are likely looking at the system specs. For their desktops Apple is using Intel for CPU, Samsung, micron and/or sk hynix for memory, Nvidia or AMD for graphics. Thereā€™s nothing special about their devices on a hardware level and Iā€™m suppose to buy out the ass for it? Iā€™m not feeling it.

Itā€™s much worse with their phones has the hardware on them tend to be a behind a generation or just offer nothing new.

3 Likes

You do realize that just comparing hardware to hardware straight up is dumb right? I mean there are super powerful Android devices that still run the OS choppy, and then you can have Apple devices that arenā€™t as powerful that run iOS buttery smooth.

Also, who said you are ā€˜supposed to buy out the assā€™ for something?

1 Like

You guys are doomed to forever argue about the same shit and never get anywhere lol

6 Likes

Itā€™s not dumb because I like to put my money on performance. At least on Android I have the freedom to chose which Android OS I can run. Poor optimization isnā€™t the fault of the hardware. If the OS is choppy the manufacturer fucked up.

Well yeah but that ā€œperformanceā€ can be worse on ā€œbetterā€ hardware, which was what I was getting at. There is a reason that Linux runs faster than Windows on the same exact hardware.
So just looking at hardware is only part of the picture in the total package.

I also have the option to chose which iOS version I want on my iPhone so Iā€™m not sure what you are talking about as far as choice goes. I can do the same on my Nexus 7 tablet too.

1 Like

VIDEO GAMES

Letā€™s talk about em!

2 Likes

Iā€™m fully aware of that. I donā€™t fuck software that isnā€™t optimize for what I have. If I was into video editing I wouldnā€™t use Adobe premiere because I use an AMD CPU and that suite built around Intelā€™s shit. If I was into rendering I would use bender since bender loves AMD.

2 Likes

OMG this is so TRUE.

Instant start up.

It is insane.

That engrish gibberish at the start of the round lol

Extra

It isnā€™t illogical reasons it its based on mechanical and electrical failure by glaring flaws by the manufacture and refuses service or warranties on arbitrary reasons and go out of their way to prevent 3rd party repairs by any means.

And its not something I just made up, I named my sources. If you want to refute them, feel free to scroll up read and watch the sources for your self and offer a sound counterargument. If you canā€™t then you need to stop being a apologist to a Fucking Shitty ass company like Apple Computers Inc.

4 Likes

mainly !== only

L2R.

the saddest thing is this.
theres few operating systems out there to choose from.
linux, win, mac, and chrome/android.
thats it if we talkin bout pre installed os.
that shouldnt be. we should have at least 10 big os companies to choose from when purchasing hardware. not just 4.

Itā€™s just not easy to start a whole ecosystem from scratch at this point. You have to have a shitload of resources to do so and a lot of time. The way everyone, companies/investors included, now a days needs instant gratification, makes it very hard to do that.

Itā€™s the same reason thereā€™s only 3 major companies to buy consoles for.

if we SRKers were really clever we would all gather ourselves with our collective talents and create a os ourselves . and become millionaires with our 5th largest os.
then fight amongst ourselves in court tryin to decide who contributed more after we get bought off and merged with one of the big 4 os.
i know im selling out quicker than silver

1 Like

still, i hate monopolies. i like choices and options and competition pushing tech forward.

There was a shit load of different environments in the 80s and 90s.
Most of those failed or went out of business.

IBM had PS/2 for a while
Solaris had their own OS
Same with Silicon graphics and their own OS
There was the all Java OS
Commodore had the Amiga OS

I also donā€™t think there is a market for more types of OS. I mean itā€™s mainly just 2 - OSX and Windows. Linux is not something your general consumer cares about at all. Itā€™s more a behind the scenes OS that people who need it learn to use it.

Even with phones, it used to be more than just iOS and Android. We used to have Windows mobile, and I believe there was one or two more. I canā€™t even remember at this point. But the market dictated that those other OSā€™s were things that consumers didnā€™t like and they made their way out.

I mean, what do YOU personally want out of another OS? Like what do you want something else to do that the current ones canā€™t do? And then you would need software to use on those as well.

Windows mobile could have been a major OS if Microsoft were fully committed to it. They half-assed it from the get go and it never caught on.

1 Like

Windows mobile was a mistake