Video Game General 6.3: Sekiro has so many damn chickens man. Chickens Everywhere!

You’re back at GameStop?

Super part time. I’m pretty much only working there on Sundays. I have a job now that actually lets me live lol. I don’t mind working the store and selling and talking about games since now I’m just a GA. I don’t have worry about Corporate breathing down my neck or most of the dumb stuff corporate does.

2 Likes

Shenmue 3 hype 2 stronk

VAMPYR is finally officially mine! ohhhhh and it’s shaping up to be everything I was expecting so far. At the moment, I’ve already fed on some roguish fellow over by the docks when you arrive at the hospital… seemed like the type that always starts trouble with people anyway… good riddance to some riff-raff of the town there. Heh, his last thoughts were of anger and cursing the world. He apparently has a wife… maybe she’s due a visit from “the good doctor” as well…

oh yes, this is only the beginning… there’s a new Ripper in town… :smiling_imp:
this vid goes over the social connections of the characters…and yeah, it pays off much more to feed on people… (thus forcing the dilemma of “should I kill this person…what are the consequences of their death though…?”). you don’t get much exp from just fighting enemies…

1 Like

Okay good. As long as it’s only a day a week.

1 Like
1 Like

There’s quite a few interesting dilemmas presented in Vampyr…

Currently there is a certain patient at the hospital that just happens to have delusions of being a vampire… occasionally “feeding” on another patient repeatedly… he allows it for various reasons, one of which is because due to his disfigured face, that will be the only attention he gets from women, if I recall. The guy that gets fed on by the delusional woman… he only requires a level 1 mesmorize to get so I could feed on and kill him. That raises the question though of how she will react to this… perhaps she blames herself, or (more likely) her delusional state continues and she moves on to other patients for regular “feeding”…patients who may not be down with a crazy woman biting them on occasion. Ohoooo It should be fun to see what happens here.

2 Likes

i really like vesperia the protagonist really carries that game but also says a lot about other jrpg heroes where all it takes is anime punisher to shit on 85% of them.

2 Likes

I always thought it was BS that Vesperia was on xbox 360 in Japan but not in the West. Of course, microsoft payed for the “exclusivity”. After that came too many Tales of… games that looked too derivative I never cared to try.

ive always been conflicted about it being xbox 360 exclusive in the west. the whole reason vesperia is still the best looking tales game because of that ms money. the ps3 version had more content but looked worse so if we get a 4k version of the ps3 game at least will have a definitive version instead of what happened with symphonia

I know I’m in the minority for thinking this, but the news about years of work on FFVII remake being scrapped doesn’t bother me from a consumer perspective.

There are so many excellent games to play that waiting extra years for a release means so little to me.

I haven’t even gotten around to playing FFXV yet, and I’m not planning on getting to it anytime soon. And when I get the switch this winter, there will be a new backlog to work on.

So as far as games to play goes, I’m good. Take your time on FFVII, SquareEnix: I’ve got plenty of other games to occupy my time with.

2 Likes

Personally it annoys me when publishers announce games when they are a long way off from being released. Better to leave people in the dark and keep the pressure off. By the time it’s ready all the hype would have died.

4 Likes

Based on tweets today, it looks like Moss is going to be coming out on PC and Oculus.

Agreed.

Although I personally don’t mind, from a business perspective, SquareEnix has handled this poorly for the reasons you’ve stated.

what the hell, FFVI is great!

SquareEnix pretty much handles everything poorly. Thankfully most of their releases are decent to very good so it usually works out but looking at what happens in-house with stuff like Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts is mind-boggling. I have absolutely no idea how you can spend a decade working on a game unless you’re either only three people, communicating via Post-Its or saving your backups on 16GB flash drives.

1 Like

Yeah, it’s my favorite FF.

Does anyone actually play paladins? It’s coming to switch on the 12th

Final Fantasy VI has too many characters in the roster, and I find it hard to keep track or care about most of them other than Celes, Terra, Edgar, Sabin, and Mog because he’s funny. I like the game a lot regardless, but I’m a fangirl and I recognize that. There aren’t a lot of games in that series I outright dislike.

Unrelated: recently re-acquired Bloodborne. So goddamn good.