Video Game General 6.3: Sekiro has so many damn chickens man. Chickens Everywhere!

True but once you get certain point in the game. You realize, thanks to the ad, that Aerith is a goner.

Not going to lie, I never saw the ad or any spoilers and expected her to die from the very start as she was set up as someone to sympathize with. Sadly the newly acquired staff with good stats at that point in the game just collected dust after she got whacked which is the real tragedy.

Ah, I remember my first play through of FFVII. I think I changed Cloud’s name to Clown.

2 Likes

That’s appropriate. One of the worst protagonists in the series. I never understood why people found a whiny, woman beating, identity thief so appealing.

There are worst trash, Gary Stu characters gamers root for.

Because Clouds not really any of those things. Cloud doesnt really whine much at all, he spends most of the game overly confident, and when hes not he gets over hia insecurity rather quickly. The identity thing is a combination of 4 years of tourture and experimentation that put him in a mental coma, then seeing his best friend die, plus the jenova cells in his blood aiding in patching his mind up in some manor in order to keep its host alive.

Even in the movie where Clouds at his most depressed (He’s dying after all) he doesnt whine or cry about it. He just spends his time alone alone and lements his personal failures and demons a bit and wishes bot to burden others.

Im not even sure what the woman beating comment is about.

I feel like people confuse Cloud with Squall or something, tho Squall didnt beat women either so im still confused.

2 Likes

Cloud whines and bitches about being a Sephiroth clone. I don’t want to go on another rant about FFVII. Let’s just say the game has a lot of problems. Tifa knew Cloud was lying, wasn’t close with him when they were kids, and puts Avalanche at risk by keeping her mouth shut. Cloud immediately recovering from Mako poisoning after Zack is gunned down. Cloud running around in Zack’s uniform, carrying Zack’s sword, and people that knew him not realizing it. I mean okay, maybe Cloud took the “Fair” name plate of the uniform, but the sword, really? As for the woman beating comment, Cloud beat the living hell out of Aerith after stealing the black materia. It was pretty damned memorable. Serious WTF moment.

1 Like

I hated cloud as a protagonist. I hated ffvii as a whole though. Even the first time playing through it when it first came out I wasn’t too impressed with it. Dragon Warrior and Chronology Trigger were the first rpgs I ever played though and it’s hard to pass those up. I wouldn’t even put ff7 in my top 10 rpgs

2 Likes

I wouldn’t put FFVII in the top ten FF games.

AH, nothing like the yearly “FFVII and beyond (outside of IX) suck, let’s talk about the greatness of IV, VI, IX and Chrono Trigger”

Can we just bookmark those posts so we can talk about something else?

2 Likes

I don’t particularly love 7 either but I agree with this Saitsu here lol

1 Like

I never been fond of the SNES era RPGs personally. The huge amount of lost forever bullshit, party members coming and going at a moment’s notice, inactive party members not leveling. I didn’t get heavy into them until PS2.

I like viii, ix, x, x-2, and xii just fine and don’t think they suck not even remotely. I still go back and play them about once a year and still have as much fun as the first time I played them. I use to hate 8 because it was so off the rails but I read the theory of squall is dead (http://squallsdead.com) and replaying it with that in mind the game is much more enjoyable. 9 is my all time favorite final fantasy. X is a close second. Sometimes it’s a different day different answer on which I like my more. And x-2 has the best battle system and job class system out of any final fantasy hands down.

And for the record I think ff6 blows. All those characters and none worth giving a shit about except Sabin because he can suplex a train.

Defensive much? Who mentioned any Final Fantasy besides 7?

I’m not stupid, I’ve seen the VDG for multiple years and it always goes the exact same. People start by shitting on FFVII for various amounts of reasons (some certainly justified). Some will inevitably bring up some later FFs that they enjoy before they’re crapped on, and then we come to where everyone sings the praises of IV, VI, IX and Chrono Trigger. All of which are fantastic games mind you, don’t get me wrong, but it’s just tiresome to hear about on a cycle.

It’s just honestly shitty to talk about Final Fantasy and even Chrono Trigger at this point, because literally everything has been talked about and conversations end up just being repeats of exact conversations and debates we’ve had in years past with the same exact posters as well.

Fair enough. I’m sure some retailer has leaked more of the games that were to be revealed at E3. Let’s talk about those.

I wish FF:CC from GCN would’ve taken off. I feel now on Switch that they should reconsider it.

1 Like

Same for a new Four Swords game. The game will be so much easier to get going with a Switch.

1 Like

Never played that despite owning the console. I wish there a new Baten Kaitos though. First one was rough around the edges but I really dug the sequel.

1 Like

I ended up playing God of War for like 5 hours today and I beat it like 10 days ago. I didn’t even know that there was a realm I hadn’t even gone to yet, the Nilfheim realm or whatever, and I found myself grinding hard in there today. This game is so fucking good I don’t want it to run out of content ever.