Video Game General 6.3: Sekiro has so many damn chickens man. Chickens Everywhere!

I disagree, in the 90s you fuck up with a modest wallet and you would be sued if it ever broke wind to the wrong people. Apologies as a whole have only started being done because with internet, you can not bury shit or pay off the right folks like you could in the past.

Social media blowing up to mainstream also reinforced this as now any individual with an account can put you on blast in certain circles. But 90s you would get a token law suit and maybe boycotts from a major chain.

ITT in half a year:

ā€œIntroducing the Nintendo DS[witch]!ā€

ā€œNow with 100% more Etrian Odyssey!ā€

1 Like

Being able to play even a gimped (ie no immediate map drawing feature on a second screen) version of Etrian Odyssey on my tv would be a blessing.

And the 90ā€™s was when Congress was breaking down hard on video game violence and yet the industry survived stronger (but not before Nintendo decided to be a big pussy and be the advocate for ā€œfamily funā€ during the infamous congressional hearings, leaving Sega to basically fend for themselves)

1 Like

Patch notes: https://dead-cells.com/patchnotes

Short version: you can lock items you donā€™t want to use, enemies donā€™t scale based on the number of upgrade scrolls you have, and itā€™s generally way easier, at least on normal difficulty. Final boss was too bullshit before, now heā€™s mega nerfed- too much so, in my opinion.

1 Like

I remember those hearing, even Nintendoā€™s legal defense sounds like a commercial.

Thanks. That is a lot of shit though. Maybe Iā€™ll give it a go at some point. I like you can not use some of the garbage weapons you donā€™t like.

Still kinda whack they havenā€™t fixed the weird performance issue on Switch. They said it would be fixed around November like when it launched.

Anthem is whack. The part in the javelin is pretty neat and the sound is very good in the game, but I had no clue wtf I was doing I was just shooting shit and flying around. The framerate is trash though even on X1X @ 1080p. It doesnā€™t stay at a constant 30 at all, probably like around 25 most of the time. The framerate when you are in the hub or whatever is also shit. Clearly any footage shown of the game has been on a high end PC.

Despite being a MS promoted game,it actually runs better on PS4. Digital Foundry did a comparison. It makes no sense. X1X is superior to the PS4 Pro in everyway.

1 Like
  1. The Xbox One X isnt that much better
  2. It really depends on what console the game is made for first in development.
  3. There some bad conversion of code going on.
  4. Vulkan runs better than DX12.

The X1X has a faster CPU, More RAM, More Memory Bandwidth, and 40% more GPU power. This isnā€™t coding for the PS3 versus coding for the 360. Two platforms with unique CPUs, GPUs, and memory setups. The X1X and PS4 Pro have near identical architectures. Even closer than the base PS4 and XB1. Where as devs had to account for slow DDR3 and with embedded ESRAM on the XB1 GPU versus base PS4ā€™s GDDR5. The X1X like the base PS4 and PS4 Pro uses GDDR5.

1 Like

Having recently played through (or up to the end of, to be more accurate) the first Ninja Gaiden again, I have to double down on the statement that anyone who thinks The Messengerā€™s soundtrack comes within 6 miles of NGā€™s needs to clean out their ears. While itā€™s a good game, I still canā€™t believe how over hyped it is. Iā€™d give it a 7/10.

X1X could give you blowjobs daily and Darksakul would still say itā€™s inferior. Donā€™t waste your breathe.

2 Likes

I completed Leon [2nd run]. Iā€™m disappointed by how the remake handled the A and B Scenarios. In the original game they were completely different campaigns with itā€™s own bosses, puzzles and filled in story bits to make the other scenario make more sense. In REmake 2 you are doing the same puzzles, fighting the same bosses and not only does it not fill in blanks but completely contradict what occurs on the first run. I was annoyed finding all the notes Claire left behind as it allures sheā€™s already been through there but I had to do all the same shit. The first instance with this remake where the original was definitely better.

2 Likes

You are talking about the actual A/B runs versus just playing A as Leon and A as Claire?

I am. 2nd run is more of an arrange mode. Items are in different places, slightly different enemy placement, Mr. X activates sooner in B than he does in A, the characters have a completely different handgun in B for some reason.

Damn that is weak. I thought B was like you said you play Claireā€™s part during Leonā€™s A campaign. I also thought I remember B being much shorter too. But it was like 2 decades ago so my memory on it is very fuzzy.

Thatā€™s how it was in the original game.

B is shorter mainly because a player should have an intimate knowledge of setting and where things are when they start it. I completed my Leon B two hours sooner than Claire A.

Diablo 3ā€” interestingā€¦it looks like they changed the graphics on the legendary effect forā€¦I forgot the name of the swordā€¦the fire/lava looking sword that has a high chance to summon a demonic slave to fight for youā€¦now it looks awesome, manā€¦ Iā€™m not sure Iā€™ve even seen that demon elsewhere in the game (it looks like a larger version of the ā€œfallen lunaticā€ monster, with a sword), and it has a flaming magical chain that binds it to you. Enemies also get damage if they get hit by that chain. Sheeeeit, I might have to keep this effect as it goes perfectly with a Necromancer, imo.

Ohhhh I want to keep playing this but that damn Anthem demo is calling out to my soulā€¦ a couple of friends wanted to get on Anthem yesterday evening but I had already fallen asleep early. D3 on the other handā€¦ the few people I played that game with mostly moved on or never kept up (1 lazy ass in particular never even finished the damn story!) Thereā€™s 1 other but that guyā€™s characters are Yamcha-status weaklings compared to probably anyone else who has ever played the goddamn game. Itā€™s like he has a talent for making absolutely terrible builds.:laughing:

The Cpu and Gpu architecture is the same but that is it.
Xbox runs on windows and used the direct x api for graphics, audio and controls
Playstation uses its own OS based loosely based off linux and uses completely different API.
Also the Xbox One has more ram, but its locked. Huge chuck of the ram is reserved for the OS and the stupid Hdmi in functions. PS4 And the PS4 pro has less ram, but the ram is faster and there more ram available to games.

I would not want the STDs