Video Game General 6.3: Sekiro has so many damn chickens man. Chickens Everywhere!

september is fucking stacked when it comes to games
dragon quest xii on the 4th
spiderman on the 7th
shadow of the tomb raider in the 14th

fuck

1 Like

And you get a month to play them until Red Dead.

I guess Diablo 3 fans will get this

3 Likes

i have no intentions of playing rdr2 since i hated the first one.

That comic strip looks like its from Sunstone.

Fair enough, but I’m pretty excited for it. Even more excited for Spider-Man though!

The lore in GoW is much deeper that H:ZD, thanks in part to have multiple games already under the franchises belt. And the side quests are simply better in GoW: they flesh out the lore and are simply more interesting than dealing in individual (and pooly scripted) issues in Horizon. Horizon, as open world, has more to explore.

Personally, God of War blows away Horizon: Zero Dawn, particularly in the fact that Horizon’s dialogue, characters, and character development is God-Awful, whereas GoW’s is par excellence.

I’m about to head into NG+ in Dark Souls. I did pretty much everything and am just a few trophies away from getting the Platinum(again!)

I never played the DLC back on PS3 or even bothered to playthrough it on PC so it was a treat to fight Artorias, the Dragon(it was a bitch to cut off his tail) and Manus. Artorias rekt me a bunch of times, but I eventually learned the fight and took him down. One move I had to train myself to not attack after he did was his flip move, he’d sometimes chain it 2-3 times and after a couple of deaths to that I got the picture to not swing afterwards.

Manus rekt me once and then immediately afterwards I did some level grinding and actually upgraded my armor to +5 and took him out on my 2nd or 3rd attempt. I dropped the Gravelord SwArd which I was using for about 98% of the game for a +15 Marakumo, which hits like a fucking truck. It hits harder than the Black Knight Sword AND the Gravelord SwArd while having more Strength than Dex(it scales better with Dex.) Crazy shit. I’m going to farm for a Black Knight Greataxe, buy a spell I’m missing from the Smith new New Londo, then it’s off to New Game Plus. In typical Souls fashion I BBQ’d every NPC around for their drops+humanity, which is always fun.

Is it me or does that one NPC with the “smiling top hat” and Manus remind them a lot of things you’d see in Bloodborne?

sheeeeit, I’m one of the last D3 fans here, and I don’t quite get that comic strip^…they probably should’ve put a different reaction for the girl on the right as the punchline, I guess…

I finally put in some quality time with the dropshot weapon in Gears 4… oddly enough I had 2 teams of randoms that went all the way to wave 50(!!) last night (strange because most people quit either immediately or at wave 20*)…but yeah, at least as Heavy— Dropshot is my main baby right now after finally using it for a decent amount of time.

*actually this is a bit of concern now that I think of it----I hope the developer doesn’t get the WRONG idea to cut Horde down to 25 or 20 from this shit with the constant quitters and popularity of shorter modes like Mania. It wouldn’t surprise me since most companies always get the wrong ideas about things like this.

I don’t like any of the voice acting.

For real care to explain why?

boss fights look interesting but the presentation/graphic are really bland for a 2018 game.

They’re not mm8 bad but they’re still pretty bad. Mega Man sounds too old. Wily doesn’t really sound evil. Dr Light sounds bland as fuck. They just not really ear catching or pleasant to listen to. I’d rather play the game on mute. Hopefully the OST is good.

Pulse man looked cool though.

Not sure about the double gear mechanic either

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO GOT A NICE HAUL TODAY JABRONIS HYPE AS FUCK ASJDASJDJASDHASDHASDJHASDJHASDJHASJHDASJHDASJHD

Hype as hell. Imma play some SF online a bit later. I got tossed a code for USFIV since I pre-ordered it which is pretty sweet. If only SFA2 had netplay and they had the EX games on there, then this collection would feel even more complete.

Titan’s Quest(play it if you’re a fan of Diablo style games) and De Blob 2 I’ve wanted for a while and am happy as hell to get them. THQ Noridic ALL DAY. The PSP games look pretty fun, especially the MACH game. I watched some videos on it a while back and it straight up looks like it’s on some After Burner shiiieet. I imagine since I like the recent Saints Row games that I’ll like Agents of Mayhem too.

I used to own Mario 64 back in the day but when I had some “friends” over it got stolen from me along with a lot of other games. The cart is a bit beat up but 10 bucks for Mario 64? Couldn’t turn that down that nostalgic trip down memory lane. I have the DS port but the changes to the way you get the stars ruins the pacing of the game imo. You can’t get them all as Mario anymore, you have to switch between characters to get them all which is a pain in the ass.

Army Corps I own a loose cart of which bugged me and now I own a complete copy. Ridge Racer is the only loose Vita game I own now but that will change in a few weeks, I have it and another rare racing game for the Vita on their way. I already own the steelbook of Kiwami 1 and I ended up picking up the regular copy as variant(I don’t normally give a shit about variants but it was only 10 bucks and I love the series.) Digimon I remember a lot of people queefing about a while back, and for 10 bucks I figure I’ll eventually give it a shot. I thought the One Piece game was a Dynasty-Warriors esque style game but I guess it’s a 1v1 fighter after watched a video? Oh well, 10 bucks. I picked up most of the games with price stickers for 5 bucks off the sticker price outside of a few which the guy wouldn’t budge on, specifically the PSP+Vita+N64+Metroid titles.

TLDR: HYPE AS FUCK

9 Likes

Megaman looks pretty dope imo.

9 Likes

IT’S SO BADDDDD.

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Also the original SF2 WW’s from 1988!!! No Ryu or Ken!

6 Likes

We knew this was not a AAA title game. This is very much a budget title.
Long as the game play is polished, i can care less if the graphics looked dated.

Also this been the best voice acting a mainstream Mega man title ever had.

2 Likes

Wow @ Concept Balrog

1 Like

I think he is Blanka’s concept.

I don’t care much for mega man, I like MMX much more, but MM 11 is looking good. The bosses look really lively.