Video Game General 6.3: Sekiro has so many damn chickens man. Chickens Everywhere!

RE2 was my first game in the series. I no doubt will play this again. loved the game and it’s special to me

A Netflix series can work very well in the RE world especially if they utilize multiple interweaving Storylines (main story plus say survivor story)

Then I saw who is behind this upcoming series…into the trash it goes

2 Likes

Played every RE to kingdom come. Yes, even RE 6 (don’t judge me).

Never played Revelations or any of those Gun Survivor games though.

I even played that weird ass RE light gun arcade game.

I always wanted to play the lightgun RE game, I love lightgun games, but I’ve never seen it before and I hear it’s not very good.

1 Like

[edit, I an talking about RE Gun Survivor on the ps2]
I’ll only recomend it if you are both a big light gun and RE fan. You have to move around using the Guncon2’s d-pad which is ass. Story is kinda bland for a RE game. It is also the first RE with respawning enemies and ammo drops.

Pretty much it’s a prototype for RE4.
Much if its concepts came from that game.

Although the one Arcade only game Biohazard Code: Nemesis is pretty fun, it’s a arcade version of Code Veronica but Nemesis is a major character and he stalks you though every room

Are you talking about Survivor or the Chronicles games?

Speaking of Chronicles, I rather enjoyed the first one on Wii. Nothing new, but it was fun as hell. Never got to play part 2

Chronicles, which really is a true arcade style on-rails game is a ton of fun IMO. I feel like I remember enemies being super tanky tho lol

2 Likes

I liked RE6 too actually. Even if it wasn’t really “horror” it was a lot of fun. The combat systems were cool

2 Likes

Survivor is the crappy one.
Chronicles is less of a RE game and more a on rails light gun shooter that’s RE theme

I’m assuming RE2 remake doesn’t have tank controls right? Although I know it was just an artifact of the time with only 1 analog stick, I do think that the slow clunky movement added to the tension. Like it was very easy to aim too high or too low and miss a target if they weren’t close enough, wasting precious ammo.

I’m assuming that since this is a complete remake that Capcom took that into consideration and had to do something about how the enemies attack. Because it would be really easy if you had these 1 enemies running at you with current 3rd person controls, where analog controls where you look and the other one controls movement, especially if they added a run option (which I’m not sure if they did).

The rail shooter Resident Evil games were super fun. Played them constantly with my at the time gf.

The Wii game, chronicles
Yeah I admit it’s pretty fun.

1 Like

sheeeeit, I’ll wait on the physical version of Dragon Marked for Death then… whenever there’s a choice I’ll still get the physical version of a game, especially for Switch since it saves on space.

1 Like

I enjoyed every campaign except Jakes and “that” part in Leon’s campaign. RE6 got a bad rep IMO

1 Like

Nintendo gives an update on Metroid Prime 4.

2 Likes

Well shit, that is not what I was expecting in that update. MP4 will probably be a launch title for Nintendo’s next platform and come out on Switch simultaneously.

2 Likes

Yea RE2 doesn’t have tank controls. The Zombies are a lot beefier to compensate, can take up to 4 shots to the head to kill one if none of the shots where critical shots.

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2019/01/25/from-raccoon-city-with-love-14-tips-to-survive-resident-evil-2/