Video Game General 6.3: Sekiro has so many damn chickens man. Chickens Everywhere!

XII made sense and had believable characters.

Which I guess is the reason why FF fans hate it.

1 Like

I think most people hate is because most of the cast shouldn’t be playable and it’s glaringly obvious the more you advance in the game.

FFXII was originally just going to have Balthier, Basch and Ashe as playabale characters with Basch being the focal point while Vaan, Fran and several other characters be drop in NPC’s that joined you on missions. However, late into the development cycle Square Enix got cold feet and made Vaan the main character of the game out of fear the game wouldn’t appeal “to the teenage market” if it didn’t have a teenage/young adult protagonist. Square Made this decision based on Vagrant Story’s failure on PS1.

So because of that change the game suffers a lot from a narrative stand point. Mainly due to the avatar you’re witnessing the game unfold through technically shouldn’t even be playable and it shows more and more as the story progresses. Panelo was also upgraded to a playable character late the games development cycle due to Square feeling Vaan needed a foil to compensate for his personality.

Job board system? :ok_hand:
Battle system? :ok_hand:
Mist and Quickening System? :ok_hand:
Gambit System? :ok_hand:(though overwhelming at first. Still a solid system)
Story? While good on paper, the choice of narrative tools fuck it all up. So :-1:

1 Like

I liked everything about 12 but the battle system. Seemed like the game ain’t really need u to play it after a certain point

I find it funny all the Good Final Fantasy game story plots are ether basically Star Wars or taken their plots from another book, movie or historical event like Tactics (Lion Wars) is the war the Rose’s with fantasy elements added in

Yeah, I know the background story of FFXII. It’s still one of my favourite new-gen Final Fantasy games though. In fact if it weren’t for FFVI it’d probably my favourite FF, period.

1 Like

Hence the game is fucking ass. If you have to create somw convoluted fan fiction to get something to work, that means it dont.

2 Likes

5 Likes

Edit:
Nintendo is doing an Indie highlight video tomorrow at 9am ET

Okay that is fucking god like man :rofl:

1 Like

I didn’t know EA hated money his much

EA would much rather make no money doing solely Multiplayer IPs than ever admit that Single Player IPs can make them cash.

2 Likes

That nindies direct is for Europe. So.

I did. They wouldn’t have canned Amy Hennig’s Star Wars game developed by Visceral if they liked money.

1 Like

EA doesn’t believe in the single player experience since they no longer believe they’re profitable.

It’s stupid

4 Likes

Meanwhile, Nintendo and Sony are making a killing on single player titles.

5 Likes

Lol @ that smash invitational video taking a jab at competitive smash at the very end. “Items off!”

I see you Nintendo.

Also Senran Kagura Burst Re:Newal looks so good but I had to cance my preorder due to money issues. I’ll get it eventually.

Random aside I was watching some match footage of MK11 and I was lamenting the MKX’s ost earlier but the cage fight stage actuall sounds interesting from what I could hear of it. Dead Monk stage’s music also sounds interesting so far as well.

NPD Dec 2018

Doesn’t look like Mat has put up his vid for december yet. So…December went about pretty much how most probably expected. But exactly how much? Apparently Smash crushed records for it’s release. This game released halfway through Dec and ended up no.5 for sales of games for the year of 2018. This game has oversold Brawl so far by 70% and is thus far the fastest selling console exclusive tracked by NPD thus far. This game has also broken the dollar sales record for platform exclusive held by Halo Reach.

Smash alone put Switch at the top selling console not only for Dec but apparently for the entire year of 2018. That’s pretty crazy considering PS4 was dominating a majority of the months this year. Apparently it had the best December of any console in this generation thus far. From what I’ve read it hasn’t topped Wii’s record yet though.

Top 20 Dec: Smash Ult, CoD Blops 4, RDR II, Battlefield V, NBA 2K19, Mario Kart 8, Dat Madden 19, Super Mario Party, Pokemon Let’s Go Pikachu, Marvel’s Spider-Man, Ass Creed Odyssey, Pokemon Let’s Go Eevee, Super Mario Odyssey, LoZ: BotW, Just Cause 4, FIFA 19, GTAV, Minecraft (look who’s back), Spyro Reignited Trilogy, Fallout 76

For whatever reason they didn’t have the top stuff for the other lists in the above link so I had to look elsewhere

Top 20 Best selling games of 2018: RDR 2, CoD: Blops 4, NBA 2K19, Dat Madden 19, Smash Ultimate, Spider-Man, Far Cry 5, God of War 2018, Monster Hunter World, Ass Creed Odyssey, GTA V, Mario Kart 8, FIFA 19, Battlefield V, Super Mario Odyssey, CoD WWII, DBFZ, LoZ BotW, Super Mario Party, Pokemon Let’s Go Pikachu

Top 10 Switch 2018: Smash Ultimate, Mario Kart 8, Super Mario Odyssey, LoZ: BotW, Super Mario Party, Pokemon Let’s Go Pikachu, Pokemon Let’s Go Eevee, Splatoon 2, DKC: TF, Kirby Star Allies

Top 10 3DS 2018: Pokemon US, Pokemon UM, Mario Kart 7, Smash, Detective Pikachu, SM3DL, Minecraft, Luigi’s Mansion ( heeeeey), Mario Party: The Top 100, Super Mario Maker

Top 10 PS4 2018: RDR 2, CoD: Blops 4, Spider-Man, God of War 2018, NBA 2K19, Dat Madden 19, Far Cry 5, Monster Hunter World, Ass Creed Odyssey, FIFA 19

Top 10 Xbone 2018: CoD: Blops 4, RDR II, Dat Madden 19, NBA 2K19, Far Cry 5, PUBG, Ass Creed Odyssey, Monster Hunter: World, Forza 4, Battlefield 5.

3 Likes