Video Game General 6.3: Sekiro has so many damn chickens man. Chickens Everywhere!

That’s why I said do it right. FFIV Easy mode is doing wrong.

1 Like

Exactly its better to ether buff the bad guys, and/or debuff the good guys than to have a half assed edits where you are punished by playing on Easy.

I also hate how some games back in the day withhold the ending or even the final levels for easy mode.

Not exactly but still kind of correct? While in Japan there were easy and hard modes they were confined to one cart until later when they released FFII 1.1 Easy Type.

Correct.

It’s a bit of both. While the game itself runs on the hard mode engine they added in a lot of the easy-type content like spells, equipment and boss fight scripts.

But isn’t the easy type lacking content instead of having different content

I enjoy a challenge with my games so I’ll put them on hard and see how it goes. For example I liked DOOM on Ultra Violence and God of War on Give Me A Challenge. I’ll usually opt for the second hardest setting if there is one. I’ll usually die a lot in the beginning but eventually I’ll start kicking ass once I get really good with the game’s mechanics and that is a huge payoff for putting in the work early.

3 Likes

Short answer is yes.

I played most of my games on hard mode. Action games, FPS, Survival Horror, Platformers, RPGs, play them all on hard. I play on normal for genres I’m not familiar with. A tactical RPG like Valkyria Chronicles I would play on normal as it’s that type of game is rests outside my comfort zone.

1 Like

Ace Combat 7 director is disappointed that the IGN reviewer played the game using normal controls

1 Like

Speaking of Ace Combat 7, has anyone played it on PSVR?

1 Like

Pretty sure you’re the only one here who even as PSVR.

1 Like

I haven’t but Digital Foundry played it. It looks really cool, just sucks it’s only 3 missions, not the whole game

1 Like

I play easy since I dont play games that frequently.
Though I feel that I could probably do hard mode on modern stuff since I grew up with NES games.

Also, some games are soo forgiving. The Rise of Tomb Raider in some part autosaved like every 2 seconds or something. I died and respawned like 2 feet from my death lol/

2 Likes

I think the difficulty should be up to the player. What ticks me off is when you have to beat a game at least once to get a formidable difficulty. Screw that ideology for making it a chore to play the game to get to playing a better version of the game.

2 Likes

That’s in order to add ‘longevity’ to the game. Same with trophies that are for beating higher difficulties.

For me, if it’s not a sandbox, or WRPG, with multiple ways to finish, where whole worldspace is affected differently per choice, I’m not playing it more than once. I probably won’t buy it to begin with, despite reviews.

I played so much Fallout, Skyrim, Saints Row, GTA, and Fable for this reason.

Oh wow I had no clue, fuck that then. I assumed it was the whole game since the whole game is in a cockpit.

1 Like

Agreed, with the exception of Mario games and ALttP, and Super Metroid. But especially Mario games. I still go through and beat SMB3 every couple years or so.

I acknowledge that some people love multiple endings but they just give me hella anxiety. Multiple endings in a JRPG is the worst.

All the relationship nonsense in Star Ocean 2…They’re cool for short games. Like if your game is 6-10 hours, multiple endings is legit. Once some shit takes 40+, fuccouttaherewiththatbullshit.

2 Likes

sheeeeit, I tend to pick whatever is the default difficulty first, since that’s most likely what the original design was.

One type of higher difficulty I enjoy lately thanks to Diablo— “Hardcore” rules, where the character only has 1 life. It’s a simple thing but it makes any rpg and probably anything else a bit more “thrilling”…it makes you think a bit more about how your character is built, and what kind of gear you might go for, and how you approach each combat situation. In D3 at least… the items that character were carrying at the time are also gone once they get killed…and there’s no shared stash space or paragon points between that Hardcore character and the “regular” ones either. It’s a great concept, imo.

…I have one of those odd friends that still occasionally lies about things to make himself appear to know everything… I remember him claiming you get different items in Hardcore mode on D3…annnnd that’s a nope. I don’t think the drop rates are better either…the only real point is the thrill itself and a few in-game achievements…and some banner customization, if I recall.

sheeeeit, I just remembered that time I played Halo 3 on Legendary… there was 1 area in particular where it took me a little over an hour to make it through…Covenant Elites throwing constant grenades and plasma, and Brutes flying around on jet-packs all day… I’m still amazed that I actually managed to prevail. My neighbors heard plenty of “colorful” language that day.

I’m downloading the demo for Act Combat 7 VR from the Japanese PSN store so hopefully it’s cool.

1 Like