Video Game General 6.3: Sekiro has so many damn chickens man. Chickens Everywhere!

Can’t remember what the location was called. Has fast moving lines of safe dimension in a sea of lava. Only the most microscopic window for error, and it’s a relatively long gauntlet. The hook launches are the worst part- have to hit the angles just right.

Oh and the cherry on top was that my internet was out when I finally finished the key challenges, so the achievement didn’t pop.

That should’t be a thing? One doesn’t correlate with the other. What platform are you playing on?

Diablo—
well, that power-leveling went faster than expected…that Necro I just started today is already 70, paragon 25 now…up to the 3rd or 4th set of challenges so I have 3 pieces of the Trag’Ouls set now…I’ve never played with this set; it should be interesting. Sheeeeit, this has been 10x smoother than starting fresh with a Monk on Switch… I think Necro is just a bit easier than the other classes, really…you can keep summoning skeletal mages over and over again and they’ll just keep blasting everything.

Geras controls the fuckin game time? Lmfao that is top tier trolling

1 Like

If Justin Wong plays MK11, I think he just found his character.

1 Like

Steam. I’m guessing it’s either an oversight by the developer or par for the course due to cheaters and pirates.

Years ago, back when MK was dogshit that I only really played because it was online, I was hoping/praying MK would get as good as SF gameplay-wise. I liked MK’s presentation, but nothing else. I thought that would never happen after Armageddon. Then came MK9 and X.

Fast-forward to yesterday, when I read several top players impressions of the game, which directly said that MK was like SFV in terms of footsies and whatnot. I said “UGH; I don’t want this SFV shit in my MK game.” I don’t know WHEN that change happened but it did. I am puzzled.

D3—This is just silly at this point… the Necro in Diablo 3 is one of the most overpowered muthafuckas I’ve ever played; it is glorious. I don’t even have all the gear I’m looking for yet, but I have the 6-piece Trag’Oul set bonus now, and the upgrade in what my character can do now is insane. Monsters that previously took a while to beat are of course a joke now…of course I’m still in the low “Torment” difficulties for now, but it’s already looking like I could go on and bump it up at least 2 or 3 notches. To put a number on it… previously I was hitting for maybe a couple of mil damage… now he’s regularly into hundreds of millions already, quickly approaching the billions… and I haven’t even found 1 “ancient” legendary yet, nor is all my gear even “regular” legendary. Sheeeeeit, this is SO damn good…paragon level 41 at the moment.

The 4 and 6-piece bonuses are the real shit:

• While at full life, overhealing from skills is added to maximum Life for 45 seconds, up to 100% more (4 pieces)
  • All Life-spending abilities deal 3800% increased damage. Healing from skills is increased by 100% (6 pieces)

Delicious.

I follow a lot of the top NRS Games players on twitter (SonicFox, HoneyBee, Dragon, ForeverKing etc) and most of them say that MK11 feels and plays like an updated MK9.

So which side people take?

or

There is nothing wrong with playing easy mode.

3 Likes

I can’t muster the fucks to give. I don’t care how someone choses to enjoy their game when it doesn’t effect me.

11 Likes

Back when I used to have more time to game I’d put it on the hardest difficulty and roll with it. I remember playing COD2 on Xbox 360 on Veteran and pulling my fucking hair out. It was so frustratling hard, but at the time I had plenty of time to learn and deal with it and finally finish it.

Now a days I put the game on medium or med/hard. I never do the hardest level anymore, it’s just not worth it to me because I’d rather enjoy the game and get through it rather than have to repeat parts that are just to difficult on first try.

But I also don’t want to be able to finish games without a challenge or having my eyes closed. That’s not fun to me either. Part of the enjoyment of playing games is that feeling of accomplishment, and when a game is too easy, that feeling never really comes.

Then you have games where the difficulty just makes the game cheaper, and in the case, it’s just not even fun. That goes back to my COD2 on Veteran comparison. Now a days even playing vet mode wouldn’t be fun to me. All it did was make you have less health, the enemies have better accuracy, and the enemies have better health.

Yea the particular game we are playing makes a big difference to, i play action games on the hardest setting i can crank them to out of tue box, but like FPS games and TPS gsmes i play on normal and hars and usually ignore the hardest setting because i dont find shooters fun when i die in 2 bullets from dudes half way aceoss the map i cant see.

I seem to be fine with dying in two claw swipes in action games tho…shrug

On the other hand I watched my mother start every Uncharted on the easiest mode, and eventually work her way up and completing their Crushing modes, so if easy helps someone build their confidence to take on harder modes then I don’t see the issue.

Would only be a problem to me when it’s put in games that don’t need it, or are themed specifically to be tough, and for yoy to die a lot, like Souls games.

2 Likes

I usually assume Normal or Hard is the way developers intented the game to be played so that’s what I pick. Case in point Resident Evil 4 which took away entire scenarios of the game on Easy (castle labyrinth) or Bayonetta, which ‘helps’ you with auto combo on any difficulty below Normal. I doubt that’s how Mikami and Kamiya wanted me to enjoy their games.

Hard is for very arcade-y stuff and multiple playthroughs. I’m not going to play a 100 hour RPG a second time on Hard but Vanquish? Sure, why not.

Agreed, let people have fun.

RPGs tend to be better on harder modes as they make you actually use the system in those modes. You should really give it a shot it makes 95% of rpgs with diff settings better.

Final Fantasy should buck up and add hard modes to it’s games, it would.make them better…if SE does it right anyway.

5 Likes

The only games I have ever fucked with hard modes are those that are already easy or that I completely mastered. Being a working adult, I barely have time to finish most games so unless I am on a masochist binge of some sort or the game is easy, I would not even bother with hard.

1 Like

I used to remeber back in the day, Final Fantasy IV game in two versions on separate carts
Easy and Hard, the version that got ported to the US on the SNES was the Easy mode.

The version that got used for the PS1, GBA and other ports/remakes I believe is the hard mode
They left out alot of the better spells and equips on easy mode