Video Game General 6.3: Sekiro has so many damn chickens man. Chickens Everywhere!

My main issue with the darksiders trilogy is it feels like it has no identity. It’s tries to be all these different things like DS1 was heavily inspired by Devil May Cry and Zelda in terms of game play and level design. I don’t remember much of DS2 but DS3 is said to be a weird hybrid of GoW and Dark souls (@radiantsilvergun3 would probably be able to elaborate further. He’s literally the only person I know playing it) which honestly just sounds awful. The series doesn’t bring anything unique to the table.

I follow them. Well, NRS Games and Tekken, anyways. I stopped following DBFZ and I don’t give a fuck about the anime fighters and I especially don’t give a fuck about SFV.

The reality of it is I just can’t play them anymore. I don’t have it in me anymore. Mentally, physically and emotionally. Between nerve damage in my dominate hand which makes it painful to play for long periods of time, lack of a community to play with (I hate online) and lack of motivation to even play; let alone get good.

I bought 30th anniversary for PS4 just to play with people I’ve met through here over the years and simply for nostalgia sake. However, my arcade stick refuses to take a firmware download it needs to run on PS4 without freezing. So my stick is just a paper weight sitting in my closet.

It’s depressing.

I can kind of agree with this, tho DSIIIs Souls like qualities are extremely superficial and surface level and is say the world build is only compared to souls because that’s how people compare everything now, fucking Crash Bandicoot is the Dark Souls of performers now.

It just has a sort of open world like most adventure games, just loops around itself in a few nice ways which is a good trait developers have finally been picking up on thanks to Souls. Darksiders II tried to do it, but it was really superficial and fake and mostly only at the end of dungeons instead of built into the world itself like in 3.

3s real problem is a number of performance issues. The devs have been working on it, but it still needs a good deal more work.

Interestingly they have added a new mode that alters some key mechanics to be a lot more like the old games, kind of interesting, never seen a dev do that before

The fact that Darksiders 3 doesn’t have a map was a big WTF to me. Unless my friend doesn’t know how to access it or something. It was just odd being able to traverse back/forth and shit but not have a map to reference. I did like how the game wasn’t super obvious as what to do and where to go though. I like it when games don’t hand hold.

I dislike that every time I make a purchase there I have try and get forced into some new version of their shoppers club. I swear each time I go there they have a new one that doesn’t transfer anything from the previous one they had.

1 Like

I honestly dont mind the lack of a map, but I am also the guy who turns tons of his elements off when givin the option. I like getting lost.

I have seen other people question the lack of a map tho.

I’m not disagreeing with you about that, but that seems to be a standard practice at any retail store now a days. Whenever I go to Best Buy I get interrogated as well when purchasing stuff.

I actually rarely purchase stuff at retail now that I don’t use the self checkout for. I’d say BB is one of them, but I rarely go there. Even at grocery stores they try to get you to donate and shit lol.

1 Like

Getting all the pieces of the special key in Guacamelee 2 is no joke. The platform challenges are fucking brutal. The lack of checkpoints really sting. One mistake usually fucks up the whole run for me.

3 Likes

damn, Guacamelee 2 is even more difficult? Holy shit, man… some of the late game platforming in part 1 was goddamn ridiculous.

On the Diablo 3 front, the adventures continue — Season 16 on XB1—a new Necromancer by the name of “Godric” has arrived in search of loot and more elite monsters to kill…he aspired to acquire the power of the Trag’Oul’s set. (level 29 so far)

They did a lot of awesome stuff with it too. Guacamelee 2 is very similar to the first but improves a lot of areas.

Check out Wizard of Legend too. Ridiculously fun game.

oh yeah I was keeping tabs on Wizard of Legend when I first heard of it; I got it right away when it was released on Switch… I enjoy it but I was hoping it would be a bit different than what it is (was hoping for more of a traditional action-RPG kind of thing, figuring it had a great focus on fast-paced magical combat)… I still liked it enough to put in quite a bit of playtime… I never beat the game though.

It really is depressing. Old farts like you and I weren’t made for these newfangled times. If you ever get your stick situation sorted out, though, want to go back to the good old days? Remember when I would always do Elena cr.MP on your wakeup and never get the hint no matter how many times you parried that shit? Those were the fuckin days my friend.

Just played the Raw Data demo again to see if I wanted to buy it before the sale was up since it’s only $16. It was pretty fun and the teleportation movement was actually pretty easy to use and get used to quickly. I remember it was one of the first things I ever tried when I got my PSVR and it was weird to me, but now, even though I haven’t played a teleportation game, it still felt really easy to do.

Graphics in that game are pretty damn bad though lol. Jaggies galore. But the game was fun and that’s all that matters.

Don’t remember there being a motorcycle sequence in Shenmue but then again, it’s been so long. The main thing that was epic about it was that they used Scarlatto as the track that plays when you’re riding to The Docks.

Popped in Spider-Man for some blockbuster-popcorn-gaming. Still have to do horde missions and what not. Fun game but the combat does get a bit repetitive. It is fun trying to figure out how to take Sable agents with the least amount of inputs, though. I do prefer the smaller scale open world games like Shenmue 1 and the Yakuza series though.

I doubt it’s an exaggeration to say I died well over 100x on the fast dimensional ripple bit. Getting the eagle hooks just right is fucking brutal. Fortunately, respawns are fast as hell.

You talking about the challenge under the Jade temple, right? I spend about 40 minutes on it.

Extra

Soulja Boy saying his next game console will feature and support Fortnite. Epic games says “No. No it won’t”

2 Likes

Lol damn. Epic ain’t puttin no respect on Big Draco’s name😂

1 Like

Man he is an idiot. Just stop man and do something else.

5 Likes