Video Game General 6.3: Sekiro has so many damn chickens man. Chickens Everywhere!

Honestly, the gear in Injustice 2 is super easy to collect despite the obvious nudge toward micro-transactions. Every single one of my characters has a full inventory and I have nearly a thousand gear boxes that I dread opening since they would require me to manage the inventories. The system is a bit stingy with Source Crystals for unlocking special colors, costumes, and transforming existing gear (transforming gear is way too expensive and you are just better off regenerating gear for better stats).

There is a bit of a grind for leveling up characters (unless you use custom AI loadouts and have them play for you, but unless you hate a character and just want to expand their inventory playing the game yourself is more fun) and getting their abilities, but if you enjoy the game it just gives you a reason to keep coming back.

Honestly, just playing Injustice 2’s available modes is endless entertainment, but the customisation does sweeten the experience. I bought the base game at launch and have only spent $15 on Red Hood and TMNT DLC and those have been well worth it. With the Legendary Edition you get all the characters, all costumes, some of the coolest special colors, 10,000 Source Crystals for $30 physical on Amazon.

P.S. AI loadouts with maxed combo stats can give some really great combo ideas and that is probably their most interesting use.

It’s okay as long as loadouts dont give advantages in competitive play and have a separate mode online.

This almost makes me want to pick up the game.

How is the fighting?

I owned and played part 1.

Any improvements?

The fighting has more weight and greater combo opportunities. Projectiles are much more manageable with every character possessing a move/special to safely close distance (if timed correctly) and a 1/4 meter cost invincible dodge roll that goes under projectiles. Most of the damaging combos involve a heavy bounce attack that is punishable. Meter can be used to add armor to some attacks or to extend specials, throws, and combos (by canceling recovery frames).

P.S. Online does not allow AI loadouts or abilities as far as I am aware.

Are the stage damage things less… prominent?

I kind of hated them.

Other than those, I liked the first one.

It allows abilities in lobby rooms and casual matches. It gives the option to turn them off. They’re off by default in ranked matches.

Yes, interactions have been made blockable and less damaging as well as having a limited number of uses. Stage transitions don’t really do that much more damage than a simple combo.

1 Like

Now that a certain mod is done grossly abusing what very little power he has because the discussion didn’t fit his narrative (did it feel good btw? I’m sure it did) we can get back to talking about video games.

Kingdom Hearts III is in 10 days and I’m fucking stoked.

2 Likes

i was in the process of actually removing all the posts into a own thread and close it because all that nonsense doesnt belong here but i then paddled back to wait a bit. he is right that this should stop because its the wrong place!

1 Like

Fuck I forgot bout Kingdom Hearts. Can’t wait to binge it. Probably take a week off for the hell of it.

sheeeit, it’s been a while since I played a Monk in Diablo 3… it’s SO much fun once you get a decent amount of abilities…the “Seven-Sided Strike” is still one of the coolest moves in the game; I never get tired of seeing that shit… this new season character is still only level 33 at the moment though…currently playing with the German voices enabled again. (*odd thing; I don’t think the alternate language packs are an option on the XB1/PS4 version for some reason) I intend to start a character on the XB1 version as well… most likely a Necromancer on that one.

…I was reminiscing about that first time through Skyrim a little while ago…heh, I still remember that first character too; “Chojin”…a brash, uncouth Orc brute that sought out vampires so he could become an immortal warrior…bruhhhhh those were some good times with that game. Edit—bittersweet thinking about this though… because now I realize there’s no hope for the future with Elder Scrolls if it is anywhere near as terrible as the Fallout 76 disaster…and as long as this company is the one making the game, that’s definitely a possibility.

1 Like

Should I buy a PS4 just so I can play KH3?? Hmmmm… nah

REmake 2 is coming that same week so KH3 is getting side lined.

1 Like

It’s also on xbone. If that matters?

Also while I love KH and am beyond hype for KHIII (hell I ordered the $250 squarenix store exclusive bundle) I don’t think it’s a system seller. Not even remotely. Even with Disney characters backing it the game is still extremely niche.

Yeah it just sucks that I don’t have a need for a console at the time but would like to play this game since I was waiting for it to end since KH2 lol. Pretty much played ALL the games too except DDD.

Wish I never played DDD.

My only real issue with DDD was the story. They involved Time Travel which made the story even stupider and convoluted than it already was. Time travel ruins everything.

1 Like

At this point with the story. It’s best not to ask any questions and just go with it lol

1 Like

The story before DDD was fucking silly but it was still tangible and coherent. Then DDD was like “NOPE!” And threw the baby out with the bath water and fucked everything up.

1 Like