Video Game General 6.3: Sekiro has so many damn chickens man. Chickens Everywhere!

And say what you want about Killer Instinct as far as not being a good fighting game (I loved it at launch until IG took it over) but that game by far has the best sound presentation of any fighter in the recent time. The hits sound like they hurt, the sound effects in general are awesome, and the music is epic. And then how they made it so the music goes to ultra combos was a nice touch on top of that. You can see how much love went into the audio presentation in that game.

2 Likes

After watching all those trailers MK11 seems like a step backwards in every single regard. Also the fact the story revolves around time travel? Grooooaaan. No thank you.

Technically the story has had ā€˜time travelā€™ involved since 9ā€¦and I havenā€™t watched everything yet but usually thereā€™s always some type of consequence for timeline mettling even if its for the ā€˜betterā€™.

Iā€™m not seeing the step backwards. I agree about the time travel. They opened that can of worms with MK9 so might as well make it the main focus of a game.

I kept throwing money at the screen watching the trailers. I need April to come now.

3 Likes

Everything just seems off. All the character designs so far are bad, combos look weird, the backgrounds arenā€™t as vibrant or unique looking. Just a lot of little things. Just what theyā€™re presenting seems like a huge step back from how great MKXL was

Edit: Keep in mind I have no intent on buying the game. Iā€™ve been retired from fighters since SFxT came out. It just feels like MK11 is stumbling over itself when theyā€™ve had such a good track record from 9, Injustice, MKXL and Injustice 2.

Itā€™s still early though so who knows? I may change my mind.

Ronda Rousey voicing Sonya I better see MK11 sponsor this yearā€™s WrestleMania

1 Like

Also goong to agree that the music in MK needs to get better but MK9ā€™s soundtrack was actually good since it remixed some of the old tracks from 1-3. The only OST in the main series that I think didnā€™t have any soul music wise was MKXā€¦dunno where Dan Fordenā€™s creativity went.

Also heavy disagree on not using the MK gibberish. That is part of MKā€™s charm and I hope it never goes away.

Kung Lao MK3 throw: YOUā€™RE GONNA LIKE IT

2 Likes

MK as a series always had good music. The major problem is you can barely hear any of it. I donā€™t understand why the music is muted in NRS games. Injustice has the same problem.

1 Like

The fake outcry from people because Ronda is voicing Sonya is fucking sad. Just let the girl have fun and be happy. People have never cared who is voicing who in fighting games. Donā€™t pretend to start caring now.

3 Likes

According to test your might Sub-Zero wonā€™t have ice clone in this game. Fuck everything!!

prob got outbid and/or nisa prob promised a switch port. not happy about this nisa been adding gamebreaking bugs to games since ps2 era ys is just the first time they fucked up something that had a quality standard.

MK11 is looking righteous. I have some concerns about the variations as far as microtransactions are concerned, as well as the Fatal Blow being a ā€œget out of troubleā€ move, but they at least did almost exactly what I wanted with how the outfits can vary.

Aside from all the obvious stuff, I like how they seem to be doing the ā€œInjustice 2 win pose freezeā€ on fatalities. I just knew the next MK would get that and it did. Other than that this game is sold and paid for already. April needs to get here fast.

Cassie Cage is in the game. I just saw her in a YouTube video that Hollywood Streamer Rooflemonger aka @Evil_Canadian posted. Cassie Cage is at 1:11 in this video

2 Likes

Iā€™m interested how the timer based meters will work out. Hopefully it prevents strong offensive when your blocking.

The Flawless Block mechanic seems interesting. Seems like a good way to reward players with good defense.

They changed how EX moves work

Full live stream

Also kind of random but Justin Wong is helping with the power rangers game

4 Likes

Hahaha, of course SonicFox is the one guy in that list of video preview images that showed up to that photoshoot ā€œin costumeā€ā€¦of courseā€¦lookinā€™ like a character from someoneā€™s Sonic Adventure fanfiction or a custom character from Sonic Forces. :rofl:

heh, imagine if someone were to invite this guy to their weddingā€¦thereā€™s a strong chance heā€™ll show up looking like that, seriouslyā€¦itā€™s like a kid thatā€™s still playing dress-up as his favorite heroā€¦so Mom and Dad take him to the store and heā€™s still wearing the Wolverine costume he got from Halloween, but people wouldnā€™t think much of that since heā€™s 5, yā€™knowā€¦except this dude is grown, right? This is hilarious, strange and fascinating for so many reasons the more I think about itā€¦ :rofl:

3 Likes

I hate how he (SonicFox ) has to pose in official photos in what basically a sexual fetish outfit.
I donā€™t care what you do in the privacy of your own home or in a convention with others that have the same hobbies as you, but in public leave the fur suit at home.

I hope Tourneys start instituting a dress code.

2 Likes

Noā€¦thatā€™s a slippery slope.

1 Like