Video Game General 6.3: Sekiro has so many damn chickens man. Chickens Everywhere!

Interesting that they didn’t show any of the young new characters from the previous game. 10 felt like MK the next generation.

Sonia looks really old now. Baraka looks awesome! Liu,sub,Kung Lao look nice. The animations look better.

Looks like MK to me.

2 Likes

So is that a good thing or bad thing?

For me? Bad. For MK fans, probably a good thing.

1 Like

Sonya looking old is at least on purpose, because Skarlett looked good. A first in an MK game.

But short hops, just defense, techs. I’m looking forwards.

1 Like

Fair enough.

I am kinda meh with the new MK game myself

Looks like a good MK. But a not so good FG. Super moves are literally SF4 ultra status now if not worse due to the fact that it automatically refills seconds later if you whiff it. Breakers and EX moves have their own meters now. So now there’s less decision making in meter management. Plus they’re still using the variation system which I was not a fan of. Will definitely be waiting for the game to drop in price.

That is fuckign RANDOM.

Only Mk game I’ve liked was Shaolin Monks. Far as I’m concerned that should have been the future of MK.

shrug

Now that Power Rangers fighter there looks like some legit low key good fun. My Green Ranger gonna be takin some names.

1 Like

Go bump the Trails thread so I can post info stuffs there, TIA.

Extra

Videogamedunkey - super duper smash bros ultimate

2 Likes

People on a certain site complaining about Sonya’s face.

She’s supposed to be old though…

2 Likes

Will money match JDF FT10

2 Likes

MK11 looks like a hard pass from me. They are still using the same old shitty animations and the same old shitty sound effects. It literally sounds like they are using sound effects from MK9 still. They sucked back then and they still suck. Animations are still completely over done and music is all quiet and just “there” in the background.

I actually liked the direction that MK9 took. I wasn’t really a fan of injustice. So I really don’t like that Injustice’s game play has dominated MK ever since. I remember trying to get into Injustice 1 and not really feeling it. I was like “I’ll just wait for MKX”. Which little did I realize that MKX would turn out to be Injustice 1.5. Lol.

Yeah I actually liked MK9 more than MKX. The thing that blew about it was online. And since that was all I really played with other people, it got old quickly. I think I remember they patched it later on with rollback, but by that point I had already moved on. MKX I stopped playing very quickly because it did feel very “Injustic’y” and I didn’t like that.

I would say the animations are over the top but it’s inline with the presentation of the game. But…the animations arent wonky 90’s CGI cartoon animations anymore. Huge difference from IJ2. As long as people dont get stupi fight stances…which Geras is pretty close.

Considering they clearly care about presentation, it’s very surprising that they don’t care about sound at all. Sound is half of presentation next to visuals. Yet they don’t seem to give a shit about it, other than maybe voice acting. Sound effects sound straight out of Matrix Reloaded or some old shit. I wish someone would ask Ed Boon why they don’t care about sound.

I’ll give you that. I cant remember being able to hear a single song from MK9 to now.

And I hope they quit with the MK gibberish.