Video Game General 6.3: Sekiro has so many damn chickens man. Chickens Everywhere!

I did some digging around on reddit and a few other GameStop employee hangouts and apparently Circle of Life was phased out sometime in the middle of last year due to back lash from employees and customers alike.

From the sounds of it the store % goals are still there for preowned, reward cards, preorders and attachments but employees will no longer be accounted for individual scores.

So that’s cool. The fact it was implemented to begin with and how so many employees got fired over not meeting the circle of life requirements is still absolutely shitty however.

That is scum baggery. I fucking hate any GS employee who used underhanded tactics to boost numbers. Shit grinds my gears.

5 Likes

Samesies.

Preorders are up for what could be the best 3rd party N64 Controllers not made by Hori
Retro Fighters Brawler64

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07MH4FDW7

Yeah the original first batch had some issues, weak structure around the left bumper caused alot of issues.
It would effect the analog stick and the left side Z button.
But those who hated the original N64 controllers but liked the N64 should check this out.

1 Like

EA kinda responds to the rumor involving Vanvouver’s Star Wars game

I say kinda because they don’t say it was canceled or not…feeling that it was though based on wording. Sounds like the content is going to be used for other stuff? Probably gonna back Respawn on their title.

Yeah, it and the lack of a simple conversion of Wii VC and shop purchases to the newer Nintendo consoles sucks.

Also on that note for anyone with a Wii or Wii U that still has Nintendo Wii shop channel points, it shuts down on 01/30/2019. Although if you are like me all you got is 200 so your money is forfeit.

The ability to make any purchases now are long since dead, the Jan 30 deadline is for any last downloads.

And people are proponents of digital?

Okkkkaaaay.

1 Like

jump force beta is out

You can still buy with your remaining points you just can add points right now. So if you have 1000, you can buy a game or two still.

Your “outcry” over a digital shop that is over 10 years old and 2 generations ago is extremely funny to me.

I dont care about that particular one. But at some point I won’t be able to get the X360 DLC or arcade games I purchased. Then XB1/PS4 and so on and so forth.

If I had that shit physically, I could sell it. Just like people sell SNES, PS1, ect shit today. But as it is that’s just money wasted.

When it’s fully digital, there wont be a used market. And once architecture changes and dates a console, when they stop allowing DL’s, that shit is completely a brick. You will literally have zero reason to have that system.

I actually do agree with him, digital store fronts suck on consoles because your digital purchases can be locked to certain devices. If I could easily move stuff from one device to another that would be perfect but as things currently stand I can’t. Also for those that wanted to play stuff like the Lost Winds franchise or Konami 's Rebirth line of remakes are screwed. I get the convenience of digital software and some of the great sales but it is indeed more rental then true ownership.

3 Likes

I’m still of the mindset that we’re still a long way off from digital only consoles. Like 2-3 generations, if that.

2 Likes

They are talking that the next gen consoles are possibility digital only.

Microsoft has plans for a Digital only variant of the original Xbox One, not Xbox One S or Xbox One X, the original system specs minus the Bluray drive.

https://www.tweaktown.com/news/63862/digital-xbox-one-coming-2019/index.html
https://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/3066680/microsoft-could-release-a-digital-only-xbox-one-in-2019

Also

Ummm, if there are disc versions, then it’s not digital only consoles…

2 Likes

do you really need to have those games you bought 10 years ago on Xbl arcade/PSN/Wii shop? I mean be honest. Digital storefronts on old consoles closing is no different than older games not being able to be played on newer systems imo.

Likely an unpopular opinion but whatever.

As long as they still work on the original consoles then I don’t think there is anything anyone can really complain about. But if there is something like you can’t play those digital games 10 years from now on the console you purchased them on, then that’s fucked. That ain’t happening with physical copies.

I simply won’t buy digital copies unless that is the only way, OR there is some huge sale on an old ass game. But like any brand new game, not a chance in hell I’m buying digital. I’d say like 75% of my game purchases are at launch. I went out of my way to get Dead Cells physical on Switch and paid $10 more for it.

1 Like

Those systems aren’t out yet and its very easy to drop the Disc based version from ever getting produced.
or they just don’t authorize any disc games, make everything online only.

And it’s very easy to drop the non-disc versions too, but we’re not psychics so neither of us know.

2 Likes