Video Game General 6.3: Sekiro has so many damn chickens man. Chickens Everywhere!

To be fair that also include people who thinks Beats by Dr Dre are “the best headsets ever”, despise they being the worst overpriced pieces of shit on the market. I tell most people who eyeing a pair of BEATS headphones to save them selves 200+ dollars and get themselves some Skullcandy headphones instead.
And when they break they are out $40 instead of $250

1 Like

To me personally, sound is way more important than video, especially when it comes to immersion.

That is why I use a dedicated sound card and a pair of Sennheiser headphones for PC gaming.
The Sound Blaster Z PCIe card I got has a decent headphones amp

Everything else I used a old pair of Roland Speakers, they actually have a good range of mids and highs, they lack an actual bass speaker but their bass and tremble performance are better than many modern speakers.

I hated on Beats long before they got brought by Apple. They are definitely not worth it for the price they charge. For $200+ I’ll get Sony, Bose or Sennheiser.

I recently purchased a Sound Blaster X Katana, a sound bar that functions as a sound card. The sound on it is great and the directional audio I get out of it is awesome.

1 Like

I like my Beats.

Of course you do stu.

4 Likes

1 Like

2 Likes

I’m not saying they’re good (though I’ve never really owned a different pair of headphones outside of apples earbuds which I also love) I’m just saying I like them. They’re comfy and get the job done. I’m not even remotely an audiophile either so like, I don’t care enough to get a “better” set of headphones

I’m no audiophile niether. I’m generally not a fan of products that cost a fortune without the performance that justifies the cost. Status symbol products just grind my gears.

3 Likes

I think they are just saying you can get better headphones for far less money.

4 Likes

Beats are good, it’s just that for what you pay for them they “should” be better. You can get stuff that is of equal quality for less than Beats cost.

But when someone says Skullcandy is on the same level as Beats, well that’s when you just /facepalm and move on, and never take anything that person says with anything more than a grain of salt.

I’m also confused by @Hawkingbird saying he won’t pay $200 for Beats but he would for Sony, when Sony is known for having overpriced headphones in the same way Beats does. That was the first brand people said to steer clear of after I did my research when getting a set of headphones for my PSVR. Sony had some Platinum and Gold version headsets that work with PSVR and pretty much everywhere said to get ones that are like $60 that sound better.

im confused.
whats a good pair of headphones?

What I will always find hilariously funny (and stupid) about the current gaming industry and communities is how Adults in power have decided certain forms of explicit content being too mature for the target audiences, which happens to be… Adults, lol. We’ve gotten to the point where man-babies is no longer an insult, but… it’s a reality today all thanks to this generation, lol. We need our game company moms and dads to decide what’s best for us apparently.

Wut are you talking about?

Just stupid stuff that came out of the current generation like how you can’t say and/or will get banned for using “gg” after a competitive match, or the developers going the extra mile to censor stuff like that as if it’s a personal or racial insult. How games with Mature ratings are being censored, etc. etc.

Who bans people for saying gg? I’ve never seen that. I’ve never seen M games being censored either.

3 Likes

You’re talking out your ass.

You talking about the Sony gold headsets? Those are trash. I’m not talking about gaming headsets though. I’ve brought a few headsets from Sony and I haven’t had a bad experience. Currently the Sony 1000XM3 is said to be the best noise cancelling headphones in the market. I own the XM2 and they are phenomenal. I use them when I ride the subway and I can’t hear the trains when I have them on. The companion app has an insane about of customization when it comes to noise cancelling and tuning the sound. It’s definitely worth the $200 I paid for them.