Video Game General 6.3: Sekiro has so many damn chickens man. Chickens Everywhere!

Especially with a current gen console where the console is praised as having the “best hardware” despite it’s a weak watered down PC with locked down hardware.
If you really want to play old games you get more out of a PC than you ever will with a Xbox One.

Damn man that blows. I remember that my brother didn’t care about BC and he had a launch PS3. Since my PS2 died after a year and half I missed some games, I was bought a PS4 to trade with him for the BC. Of course I didn’t realize Sony had a ass backward data backup system. Some saves were locked to the system, so I bought a PS3 for nothing. Of course it YLOD’d on my brother, so I saved me from being even more pissed later.

my point is sony engineers put blue ray players into the console inflating the price of it when most people werent interested in blue ray at the time. if you wanted a blue ray then the ps3 was a steal but if you didnt you found yourself facing the most expensive console of the 3. which most people passed on cuz of the price.

It was no different from what Sony did with the PS2. DVD was a format that was around since 95 but no one gave a shit about it until it was used as the media format for the PS2. PS2 was also the cheapest DVD player at the time and the format blow up.

4 Likes

its just been 4 days and im already starting to hate DBFZ lol.
its my team.
16, 17, and 18
all 3 have terrible assist moves with no reach or ability to control space in a game that is all about controlling space.
but im not gonna quit my droid team. nope. gonna stick with it till i ragequit the entire game.

it was actually a smart move by Sony as they were behind the Development of Bluray and Bluray was in a format war with HD DVD.
What made the PS3 expensive was not the Bluray player, it was the exotic architecture of the CPU and it’s co processors. The PS3 was actually superior to the Xbox 360 in terms of hardware, but no one knew how to program on it. The Xbox 360 used Direct X, which every developer already know how to use.

1 Like

I barely remember HD DVD they’re such a small blip on the radar when it comes to home media. They got bodied fucking hard by blu-ray

4 Likes

Yeah I mean Blu-Ray is basically around BECAUSE of the PS3. So it was a win for Sony.

4 Likes

haha, recent nostalgia of last gen, man… yeah I remember laughing at that ridiculous price PS3 launched at…so it took quite a while for me on that system—I didn’t buy it until the “Slim” was released and Demons Souls was the hot new thing… that particular game is what sold the system for me…I think that was 2009…damn man that’s how time flies— Demons Souls (and my Slim PS3) is 10 years old this year…

*edit–holy shit, the content in Smash Bros. Ultimate, man… in an era where some companies are holding out on content and putting a microtransaction price on every little thing… this game is giving you SO much… I’m just now checking out the music/sounds section----there’s so many tracks here to listen to it is INSANE…and it just keeps on unlocking as you go—I already have a ton of stuff from Super Mario Bros., Smash franchise, Bayonetta, Donkey Kong franchise, Sonic, Castlevania, a bit of Final Fantasy VII, Mario Kart franchise, etc…and you can create playlists.

4 Likes

I am finding stuff from games I didnt knew til now has a presence in Smash,
One of the Assist trophies is a monster from Monster Hunter (dont ask me which one know as I forget what it’s called)

Those games were trash.

They had to patch controls for Lair, because it was a chore to play. And Folklore was just one of those games you played…just because there was nothing else to play at that time. Except I had shit to play on the 360, so I didn’t.

PS3 was the Tekken 5DR machine until like late 2007.

‘A bit of Final Fantasy VII’ is an understatement. That game only has 2 original tracks in the game with no remixes cause Squeenix is greedy AF for no reason

2 Likes

I was surprised to see no FF stickers in Smash. I get that adding Tifa and Squall and Tidus etc. would have been a bit weird (even though most of them release on Switch this year) but they could at least have given the go for some FFI - FFVI stuff.

1 Like

how do you switch tfrom windowed o fullscreen in guilty gear xrd? anyone who has xrd on steam. cant find or figure out that option.

Smash is a marketing cash cow. The fact that Squeenix doesn’t seem to understand this makes absolutely no sense. They could have used this opportunity to introduce characters that are coming in the ports later and celebrated the franchise with the game a bit. A wealth of VG music gods to do work on your music and you choose to not take advantage of it? I wouldn’t be surprised if Cloud is not in the next Smash.

3 Likes

The funny thing is that HD-DVD was winning. The PS3 is what won the format war for Sony. I always wondered what would have happenes if HD-DVD would have been the media for the 360 like MS originally intended.

I don’t remember HD DVD winning at any point. It didn’t have an edge like Blu-Ray being the player on a console and Time Warner was the only major movie studio backing it. I do remember that shitty $50 add-on released for the 360 but it was already too late by then.

1 Like

I think if you buy the red dot for $1 in Blops 4, you should kill yourself.

2 Likes

HD-DVD players were out selling Blu-Ray Players. They were $600 compared to the $1000 of Blu-Ray players. The PS3 turned the tide. It was the cheapest and best Blu-Ray player on the market. It also, with the 20GB Model, was cheaper than stand alone HD-DVD players.

1 Like

Has anyone played Subnautica? I’m curious to hear people’s opinions on it. It came out for PC a while ago but has a console port not.