Video Game General 6.3: Sekiro has so many damn chickens man. Chickens Everywhere!

x-2 came out when i was in 6th grade and back then i thought it was super girly when i got older it kinda made sense to me. a bunch of repressed/ super religious people found out god wasn’t real there was a couple of ways they could’ve took that but i think the everybody party vibe is kinda cool. plus the gameplay is excellent.

Picked up Megaman 11 on Friday. Fired it up today. Tried Blastman and Torchmans stage, couldnt even make it to the bosses lol smh. I settled on defeating acid man. His shield seems like it will be useful.

Game looks really nice imo, great colors, the controls are super reponsive, and I like how Rock gets a new form instead of just a color change from boss weapons now, this seems long over due imo.

Only thing not really feeling so far is the music, its not bad, in fact it seems very fitting so far, but I don’t find myself humming or bobbing my head to any of the tunes I’ve heard so far, tho it’s only been a hand full over all. Maybe some others will grab me.

5 Likes

MM11’s music is super forgettable and unremarkable. That’s really the only that stands out as a con for that game.

2 Likes

Last time we played you couldn’t even handle my Mud man. Don’t even try to talk big.

1 Like

Extra:
Videogamedunkey - Japan World Cup

What?

4 Likes

Monster Boy is so good. I’m pretty close to finishing it and damn it’s good. Since Friday I’ve played it in portable mode enough to make it die twice on a full charge so a total of like 6 hours probably over this weekend, and then some in docked mode. The game is really long too but probably because they don’t hand hold you too much and you have to figure shit out for yourself. I haven’t looked at any guides which would have made it easier to figure out some stuff, but once you figure it out on your own it is rewarding.

1 Like

Every mega man past 4 until X has forgettable and uninspired music imo. X’s soundtrack is bangin’ though. X-X4 have amazing sound tracks. X5-X8 though? Eeeehhhh not so much.

1 Like

code crush is the only good thing about x7

I beat God of War

Summary

So…I spread Faye’s ashes and the game ends. Really? I expect Thor to come down wanting for kick my ass for killing his kids and opening the portal to Jötunheim. What I ended up getting is so anti-climatic. I was dishearten to see getting a prompt to do all the sidequests I already done for post game. Ending aside, it was a great ride.

Boy being Loki makes sense to me if only because he can be an annoying little shit sometimes

I feel like people took FFX2 too seriously. Yeah, the tonal shift from the “we’re all gonna fucking die” direction of FFX right up until the finale of the game, to “heya gurlz let’s kick butt and look sexy while doing it” was definitely a weird choice, but overall I don’t think it’s a bad game

The ATB system came back, there were some interesting combinations with the Jobs and real time switches, different Job Grids (dont remember the exact term) provided some field of experimentation due to different effects each boards gave and the paths that gave additional bonuses upon switching the jobs

It was fun traveling across Spira again and seeing all the characters from FFX, especially given the time skip

The additional game modes were fun as well and getting to build your own Monsters team to then battle in a Dungeon also gave some tactical freedom as you had to find the best possible setups for each league (though some of the enemies were straight up BS and were literal run killers should you encounter them)

Also Payne is hot as af and Rikku still best girl. Yuna’s pop star persona just didn’t work for me at all, not to mention she lost her summoning abilities

I do think though that the removal of the Sphere Grid was kind of a downgrade since the progression system is basically non existent in this game - you just kill stuff and gain EXP, definitely a step back from FFX. Good thing XII sorta brought it back with the Licenses system and later with Jobs in the International version

2 Likes

People still talking about FFXIII characters as if that horrible script written by alien robots was anything other than just off-putting and portraying them as fake artificial beings simply reciting stuff. I don’t think I’ve ever played a JRPG with such bad dialogue.

It’s a pretty looking game with a decent battle system but not much else.

You should head back home when you get a chance…

1 Like

I agree that it’s a pretty game. It holds up well in near 4K on XB1X, but I have zero love for the battle system. Graphics are the only thing going for it. For me the most important aspect of are:

1. Characters
  2. Story
  3. Gameplay
  4. Graphics

The only thing FFXIII excels at is the aspect I find least important in genre.

i don’t really like xiii but i do dig xiii-2 because the world in the sequel feels like people live in it.

did you see the post credits roll cut scene? or did you skip it or leave the room?

I returned home on your suggestion. Now that’s an ending.

4 Likes

As others have mentioned you seem to have missed a big teaser at the end. They are clearly setting up for sequels.

So Monster Boy is set to arrive today. Played about 10 minutes of Octopath Traveler yesterday but was already loving it. Gonna put that on the shelf for now though, and I should’ve waited just because I won’t get to reach until Shenmue 1, Let’s Go Pikachu (single player) or Monster Boy is done.

Just started up Shenmue 1 (Shenmue Collection) for the first time since late August (Yakuza Kiwami 2) and soooooo loving it. Playing with Japanese dubs and it adds so much to the game. I played the original way back when but the tag-team of Japanese dub and not being in the mindset of “This is VF RPG” is really the perfect storm. I’m taking things (most likely) too slowly but that’s cool. Practicing moves when I can and getting that down. It’s clunky like I remember it (it doesn’t play like VF did at the time), but sticking to a just a couple flow charts and it’s been working fine for what it is so far.

Slice-of-life wise, playing a TON of Hang-On and actually shopping at Tomato store, in which I even won a tier two prize which was between a copy of Space Harrier or Hang-On for the Sega Saturn, which I didn’t know was playable until 15 years later. I’m thinking I should’ve went with Hang-On. Space Harrier is a GOAT but I have it in Yakuza 0, Yakzua 6 and the upcoming Sega Ages collection so having a ‘home’ port of Hang-On should’ve been priority but oh well…next time.

Other SoL activity I’m doing is stalking people more or less to see where they live. I’ve seen couple people’s routines but just trying to see what they do in Dobuita. Going to wait in Sakuragaoka around they time they leave Dobuita to see if they’ll be visible, because if I walk next to them until the leave Dobuita I don’t spawn with them when we arrive in the new area. I didn’t think this was something I’d do, but it’s really taking me by surprise.

EDIT: Back to Shenmue. Move practice wise, I’m just practicing on making the combat fluid so my flowcharts are more about going into the dodge/evade/turn around into the next move. This has been a pretty relaxing thing to do given the nature of it. The moves (much like the game) are very deliberate but you can get an ‘almost-cancel’ going and have the input for the next move buffered…almost. The goal here is too have the after-image effect going consecutively for the 2-3 moves in a row I’m practicing.

You can have one input stored while the first move is recovering and then hit the final input(s) at the end of the previous move to get a nice effect going.

Gotten pretty close to it most of the time, and have actually pulled it off on a more consistent basis in practice to about 95% of the time. I’m looking forward to the epic fight later on.

1 Like

Rom, the Vacuous Spider, can eat shit and die.

5 Likes

Monster Boy arrived after that essay I posted, but I think I’m jumping back into Shenmue first to do some training and try to win Hang-On. It’s almost like a Master System Holiday these last two months home ports of Wonder Boy, Phantasy Star and soon Hang-On. The thing I like most with Hang-On is not having the screeching intro into a race like Super Hang-On.