Video Game General 6.3: Sekiro has so many damn chickens man. Chickens Everywhere!

I’ve played plenty of games on xbox, so I know what the other option is. It may surprise you but not everyone is the same as you.

Yeah, because maybe people actually like it that way, like wtf? This is just your opinion and you’re pretending it’s fact. It feels plenty natural to me, I actually prefer the sticks being symmetrical in my hands. Hell, I know people that think the OG Xbox controller is the most natural even though it obviously isn’t for most. Maybe you aren’t aware that people have different hand and finger sizes. I mean, if you don’t like it, that’s fine, but don’t pretend that it’s fact that it’s bad because that is just retarded.

I’ve never even had this happen, once again showing that we aren’t all the same. i mean, shit, people don’t even use their thumbs the same way AND hand and finger sizes are all different.

2 Likes

I personally prefer the DualShock 3 to every other controller. It is thick and sturdy in the places where the DualShock 4 is thin and prone to breaking. It has a better battery life because it does not have any higher voltage LEDs soaking up energy. It has pressure sensitive face buttons like PS2 controller as well as pressure sensitive rear triggers unlike the PS2 controller. It fits comfortably into the hand though arguably having half a controller in each hand (like the Wii nunhuck with more buttons and sticks but in a larger and more comfortable format than the Switch) would be more ideal. I wish there was a more sturdy connection mechanism than mini USB wire as the port is prone to breaking, but that is just a trend in all electronics for the time being. Having tried the Xbox controllers over the years I have to say that the stick and D-pad placement is nicer for shooters and racing games by a small margin. However, it is completely worthless for games that require quick, precise directional inputs like fighting games, arcade games, and 2D platformers as the directional pad requires too wide a range of thumb motion at a distance making it more uncomfortable and less expedient than the alternative.

As far as the transition to PS5 is concerned I do not think that developers have squeezed out all that they could from the current hardware due to bad optimization and using overly demanding engines. I also do not consider this console generation to have a memorable library as most releases were greatly overhyped and failed to deliver and anything worthwhile was also released on PCs. Overall the releases for this generation have been the most sparse I can remember and the next generation looks to be even more sparse. Thus the transition to the PS5 will be even less enticing than the the transition to the PS4, which I already found to be an issue as prices have risen and quality of products has diminished (with some exceptions).

I’ve never had an issue with the Dualshock controllers…

3 Likes

I have issues with the build quality of the Dual Shock 4s. Had two of them break on me and now I’m on my third. Those first gen DS4s are truly crap.

1 Like

Luckily when I traded in my pre-launch PS4 for a PS4 Pro that included getting rid of the POS controller that came with it and now I have a newer controller.

Best controller IMO is the Switch Pro controller. That thing is a thing of beauty.

1 Like

Love the Switch Pro controller, but I don’t have any issues with the DS4. Except I can’t stand playing on any controller without Kontrol Freeks with my big-ass thumbs, lol.

@purbeast

I feel you on the DualShock controllers. They’ve been shit since their inception. I’ve gotten used to them because I had to, but that doesn’t mean they still suck. Having the primary input method in a secondary location is asinine. I remember the first thing I did with my PS3 was snag a Power A controller that was essentially a 360 controller for PS3. I also agree with you on the Switch pro controller.

The only thing I really prefer the DS4 too is it’s predecessors. While the layout is the same, the DS4 has better analogs and is still more comfortable. Build quality is ass. I had to buy a second one for OG PS4 because the launch unit failed. I gave that PS4 to my friend when I got the Pro. Meanwhile, the Power A controller for my PS3 still works.

Videogamedunkey - picking on rockstar

1 Like

@Million-X I think you’d really, really enjoy Killing Floor 2.

I’m hype as hell for Dark Souls: Remastered. I plan to get the Gravelord SwArd as early as possible followed by wrecking everything.

I don’t think the PC version of PoE supports pads/sticks.

How the fuck are you holding the pad for this to ever happen? :rofl:

Yeah, me too. I feel like it’s a slight improvement over the Dual Shock 2. It’s my go-to pad for the occasional PC game I prefer to use pads with and emulation as well.

DS4 I feel has a slightly worse everything. Slightly shittier D-pad, shittier analogs, buttons don’t feel as good and the triggers feel worse as well. Build quality of the 1st-gen pads is shit too, I had one crap out on me whereas my original PS1/PS2/PS3 pads all still work. Shit, my original DS3 is such a champ that it went through so many charges and hours of play that the battery started to swell to a point where the back of the pad started to bulge and almost crack before I took it out. DS3’s are champs.

You mean everyone else has it in the wrong place.

Sony been the only ones doing it right.

April NPD 2018

As the title indicates, God of War took the top spot for April as expected. Don’t think anything was coming anywhere near close to that game at the moment and I wouldn’t be surprised if it took May as well. God of War made Sony the best selling publisher for that month and apparently also broke records in software sales for PS4 in April which previously had been held by xb360 back in 2008. I really want EA and any other company that’s been like ‘SINGLE PLAYER GAMES ARE DEAD’ to remember this.

As for Hardware it says that PS4 was the best selling console for the month with the PS4Pro God of War bundle generating the most in sales. Apparently the Dualshock 4 broke records to become the all time best selling gamepad in dollar sales.

Software top 20 April:
God of War, Far Cry 5, MLB 18: The Show, Labo Variety Kit (not expecting you this far up), Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze (EEEEYYYYYY…second chances!), Mario Kart 8 (back up here eh?), GTA V, CoD WWII, Super Mario Odyssey, NBA 2K18, PUBG, Ghost Recon Wildlands, LoZ: BotW, Monster Hunter World, Rainbow Six Siege, A Way Out, Yakuza 6, Sea of Thieves (still hanging on eh?), Kirby Star Allies, FIFA 18.

Xbone top 10
Far Cry 5, PUBG, Sea of Thieves, Call of Duty WWII, GTA V, Ghost Recon Wildlands, NBA 2K18, A Way Out, Monster Hunter: World, Rainbow Six Siege

PS4 top 10
God of War, Far Cry 5, MLB 18 The Show, Yakuza 6, GTA V, CoD WWII, Monster Hunter World, NBA 2K18, A Way Out, FIFA 18. (kinda nice to see A Way Out still selling decently)

Switch top 10
Labo Variety Kit, Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze (2nd on the system? nice!), Mario Kart 8, Super Mario Odyssey, LoZ BotW, Kirby Star Allies, Labo Robot Kit, Splatoon 2, Mario & Rabbids: Kingdom Battle, Pokken DX ( the only ‘3rd party’ on this list is Kingdom Battle…)

3DS Top 10
Pokemon Ultra Sun, Pokemon Ultra Moon, Detective Pikachu (really?), Super Smash Bros, Mario Kart 7, Super Mario 3D Land, Minecraft, Super Mario Maker, Mario Party The Top 100, Kirby Battle Royale (this is the only list where Minecraft shows up on surprisingly…kinda sad that Metroid couldn’t hold top 10 for very long)

Best selling games of 2018
Far Cry 5, Monster Hunter World, God of War (just released and already 3rd for 2018? nice!), CoD WWII, Dragon Ball Fighterz, GTAV (the money printing will never stop), NBA 2K18, MLB 18: The Show, PUBG, Mario Kart 8 (really?)

Best selling games over the last 12 months
CoD WWII, NBA 2K18, Destiny 2, Dat Madden 18, Super Mario Odyssey, Star Wars Battlefront II, GTA V, Far Cry 5, Ass Creed Origins, Mario Kart 8 (again?)

1 Like

Just finished the story mode. This game is such a fucking masterpiece. Even the way the credits roll is so damn well done. The whole ending sequence was just awesome and done so well. Damnit I wish I wasn’t done with the story mode I just want to keep playing it more. I will probably play to do all side quests and Valkyries and what not. The only thing I don’t really have interest in is finding all those birds because I’m sure I would need to follow some dumb guide to get them all.

1 Like

It is still quite bizarre to me that GTA V is top of the charts apparently forever… like 52 years later the latest sales reports will still have that shit somewhere in the top 10. At this point I’m wondering if any game ever in history has had that kind of staying power in terms of the sales numbers…quick search-- 2013… the shit is 5 years old, folks…and it’s still there near the top every damn month…to the point where I’m honestly tired of seeing the damn thing up there. With everything else in the world…eventually the product hits the point where everyone that would be interested in it has bought it…but somehow that apparently doesn’t apply to that game, I guess.

Gears 4 Horde— straight up bullshit, man… the last session I played didn’t count at all…I knew the exp gain was retardedly slow, but then I noticed my credits were the same too, so it was literally NO exp earned for that run at all, for no apparent reason… so after all that playing today, my Heavy character class just went up to level 4 and about 30% remaining of the progress bar to level 5+…and at this rate it seems like I won’t hit level 5 on that one until a few decades from now…but damn it’s so fun to play… I have the skill card for bonus explosive damage on Heavy, of course… I cranked that bitch up to a fat +100%, bruh. DOUBLE goddamn damage, it’s gorgeous. My 2nd card is the one that gives extra rounds for those explosive weapons, so I can have 12 boomshot ammo total right now. It’s so satisfying to see boss characters getting rocked by all that damage… I’m seeing Swarmaks and the like stumbling back, 'cause my boomshots are hitting like 1980s Mike Tyson.

Damn is PS4 sales are to mean that Sony wants to get into PS5 then that would give me the option to buy one at a cheaper price sooner than later or just wait for PS5…I’ll Pull a Sonicabid and get sales savvy.

RE: Dualshock controllers. After the DS2, they are shit. The Analogs suck on all versions, but are slightly better on the DS4. The triggers on DS3 and DS4 are complete afterthoughts, I mean they just cut out some of the back of the controller and stuck a spring in it. They are flimsy, and can be activated so easily by accident.

As for PS5, saw this coming, these systems were way behind the mark when they came out. No way they were going to last 10 years again. The 360 and PS3 were ahead of PC when they VERY first came out. Didn’t take long to be caught and surpassed, but it wasn’t the come from behind start they had here.

I want to build a PC again, but personally the only games I’d play are Beth games, which is what I did last time I had a gaming PC. I wouldn’t online game, because when people hack/cheat it affects you on PC. I prefer console for everything that’s not a Beth game. And there aren’t enough Beth games to build a top of the line PC, and if you don’t build a top of the line PC, you wasted your money.

oh yeah, I’ve had my eye on Killing Floor 2 for a while now…just kept putting it off since I was hooked on so many other games at the moment… it definitely looks like something perfectly suited to my taste.

*Apparently the exp glitch is definitely a thing and happening in all modes for Gears 4 at the moment (https://forums.gearsofwar.com/t/not-giving-xp-or-credits/416/5 ), so that killed my playtime for tonight then… I would’ve kept on playing even though I have to be at work tomorrow morning… I was wanting to get the Heavy class up to level 5 so I could at least have a 3rd skill card slot…probably put a heavy weapon bonus there… this is some bullshit, man… I should definitely have leveled up in these last 2 runs.

*I also unlocked “Zombie Minh” earlier but haven’t played as him yet… I avoided doing that on these last few runs to give people any extra reason to quit… the problem with the “zombie” characters in this game is that some asshole on the dev team decided it would be a great idea to make their ONLY audio clip be “…brainnnnssss…” over and over again forever…about every 8 seconds or so. As you can imagine that shit gets to be annoying FAST…so yeah, if you play a “Zombie” character, it’s reasonable to expect that your teammates will leave. At the very least they should’ve recorded different grunts, groans or mumbling…having any character say exactly 1 word on repeat forever is stupid. It would be great if we had the option to mute a character; everyone would mute those zombie versions.

1 Like

Alright honest question. Is Kingdom Hearts worth it to get into? I’ve never touched it when the ps2 was my main console, but the recent game play looked ridiculously clean. Big fan of RPGs, just not sure of this particular one.

It’s not. Having to play nine different games across six different systems just to get the whole of the story that may or may not change just because it was written with every bad fanfiction swerve you can imagine just isn’t worth it.

1 Like

Damn so the spinoffs actually matter to the canon? If that’s the case, then you’re probably right. lol