Video Game General 6.3: Sekiro has so many damn chickens man. Chickens Everywhere!

Yakuza 3, 4 and 5 will get remasters

Announced only for japan right now

PS4 is entering the final phase of its life cycle

Avalanche opens a 3rd studio in sweden

2 Likes

Not necessarily, but when there is a lot of stuff to do and it never once feels tedious and it actually makes you want to do it, and itā€™s fun the whole time, Iā€™d say that is a pretty good thing to have in a game. The level design and presentation surely helps with this game too.

Thatā€™s how I felt about Mario Odyssey too and getting all of the moons after I beat the game - it was tons of fun and it never felt tedious and boring. I never wanted to put that game down.

1 Like

Okay, I can see that. Thereā€™s too much stuff in GoW that didnā€™t click with me but they definitely didnā€™t cut corners during development, thatā€™s for sure.

I canā€™t believe this console gen is almost closed.
It felt like it was just opened.

And with Consoles now costing $250 to $400 I expect them to last longer than 5 years.
Yes I know about 5 years is the typical console cycle.

There also this Rumor, PS5 is to have AMD Zen Architecture

For those who donā€™t know, Zen is the architecture to the AMD Ryzen CPUs, which is making a dent in Intelā€™s Market. I wonder if Vega is following suit for the GPU.

3 Likes

PS4 nearing its end cycle!?
DA FUCK!!!

I just bought this bitch 3 years ago!!
And weā€™re already getting a PS5.

1 Like

The guy says that they will be looking to the future around 2021ā€¦so there is still some time.

3 Likes

What are you doing Hyerkin? Stop, stop, stop !!!

https://twitter.com/Voultar/status/998594138932219904

Reposting Voultarā€™s Links here

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/278816-game-on-retron-77-contract-wants-you-to-sign-over-all-rights-and-copyright/

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1sqhpbb

You think for a company that illegally lifted several emulators for the Retron 5 that they coudnā€™t go any lower.
This Terms of Service for content partners is ridiculous. The fuck is this shit Hyperkin, I am glad I donā€™t buy any of their cheap shit.

I have always preferred the left stick position like this, makes my thumb less tired. Looking at that price, that Hori FPS pad for $49.99 is not looking too bad.

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2018/05/22/introducing-scuf-vantage-an-officially-licensed-performance-controller-for-ps4/

SCUF Vantage for PS4 by PlayStation.Blog, on Flickr

Launching in the U.S. during late summer 2018, the Vantage is now available for pre-order at scufgaming.com or gamestop.com, in a wired-only (USB) model for $169.95 USD (MSRP) and a wireless (Bluetooth)/wired (USB) model for $199.95 USD (MSRP). Canadian customers can also pre-order through scufgaming.com. Both models include a suite of interchangeable parts and a high-speed braided micro-USB cable, and the wireless/wired model also includes a protection and travel case for your controller.

No controller is worth that much.

2 Likes

Itā€™s mind boggling to me that Sony has had the left analog stick in the wrong place for 4 generations in a row now. For the original DS I understand, but to have not changed it is just odd.

A lot of people still prefer that stick placement

1 Like

Itā€™s more than a dent. Ryzen has been so successful AMD has almost half the market share for the CPU market. Intel got work to do.

2 Likes

Yeah between the leap in quality of Zen and all the hardware security issues Intel is having to patch, AMD is picking up steam. Vega isnā€™t near as successful though. Vega 56 is a solid card but Vega 64 has been a disappointment.

Probably because plenty of people like it the way it is, me included.

1 Like

You probably ā€œlikeā€ it because there is no other option. The natural resting position for your thumbs is where the d-pad is located, which is why it was there on the PSX controller and not where the analog was later tacked on.

I mean the analogs on PS controllers are in that location because they were tacked onto the OG PSX controller in the only spot they could put them. Youā€™d think they would evolve the controller after 4 gens to fit and feel more natural in the hands, but nope.

But hey, at least they FINALLY got rid of the convex analog tops they had up until this gen. I canā€™t believe it took them 4 generations to realize that convex is bad and thumbs slip off a convex surface. I guess they learned something finally.

And donā€™t get me started with thumbs bumping into each other because of the poor analog stick locationā€¦

2 Likes

I agree, the PS4 winding down already is some fucking bullshit.

As someone who does have options (Multiple consoles with multiple controllers using multiple set ups) there is nothing wrong with Sonyā€™s stick positions. Either set up works fine. The thing Sony fixed was making the DS4 the proper size for people who dont have the hands of little girls and got rid of those dog shit DS3 triggers.

I loved the Xbox S pad and its future variants until Sony released the PS4 controller at a proper size. Had to buy stick nubs tho to get my convex left stick back.

Assuming people settle into a preference due to lack of options is pretty damn dumb, but assumptions rarely work out so i guess its not much of a surprise.

Sony believes sales have peaked for the console so they are moving on. Personally I donā€™t want another 10 year cycle like last gen. I would hate it if my game console couldnā€™t keep up with all the merging new technology.

Then buy a damn PC.

I just brought a new one so ha!