Video Game General 6.3: Sekiro has so many damn chickens man. Chickens Everywhere!

This made me laugh a lot

i heard EA stock dropped by 21 billion. any confirmation?

sheeeeit, I was over an old friendā€™s house and noticed he has Dead Cells on XB1ā€¦ this sparked my addiction all over againā€¦ this dude never even played it that much so of course he sat in awe at some of the things I was doingā€¦rushing through levels while killing things in styleā€¦with so many delicious, perfect parries. in no time I had at least gotten him to the Time Keeper boss, and several things unlocked in terms of weapons and mutations.

He also has Dragonball Fighter Z so this was the first time Iā€™ve actually played thatā€¦ooooooh that moves to the damn top of my list right awayā€¦SO funā€¦thatā€™s the best Dragonball-related game Iā€™ve ever played, manā€¦holy shitā€¦especially in terms of gameplay/controlā€¦how it ā€œfeelsā€, yā€™knowā€”nothing else DBZ-wise even comes close to this greatness. itā€™s easier to get into and even more fun than I imagined. I must get this immediately.

editā€”also played Darksiders III over thereā€¦ yeah fuck thatā€¦ he was stuck on a certain part that doesnā€™t appear to make any sense; so I see that the game is apparently STILL loaded with tedious ā€œgo over there and do 100 things then teleport there and throw the bomb thing here, stand on a switch to activate this portal so you can jump hereā€ bullshit. I just wanted to fight and kill things while looking cool in those games but they can never just let the shit be that simple. Nah man fuck THAT.

2 Likes

Just beat Phantasy Star. This game was really cool and Iā€™m down for more turn based rpgsā€¦.almost, I definitely want to play more PS, especially PS3. I will say thanks to my earlier ahem drink playthrough, I wasnā€™t really looking to get INTO IT, like I do with other games (BotW being one of the more recent examples). I was just looking for something to play since the Wonder Boy remaster got me into an SMS mood.

I used the GameFaqs guide somewhat for some stuff since I was lost trying to find some stuff I was missing. I found out I did a lot of things out of order and didnā€™t finish dungeons that I thought I finished. I also got further in some dungeons than (I think) I should have thanks to just messing around and beefing up my characters. With all that, this game still put up a good challenge. Iā€™ll add the Labryinths in first person as one of the few things in first-person that I do like.

Somewhere down the line, Iā€™ll be doing a replay where I GET INTO IT and will play it like it was when originally released. Iā€™m keeping the FM sound option enabled though. I saw some parts of it being played on YT and yeahā€¦lol.

I think Iā€™m going to try to memorize the Baya Malay dungeon just to keep my brain ā€˜youngā€™, haha. Iā€™m hoping Skies of Arcadia gets the Ages treatment down the line as that was another turn-based rpg I enjoyed but never finished.

Again, watching some replays now and the encounter rate is pretty crazy to what I was playing so who knows. The Labryinth memorizations is something I would like to tackle at some point before I die :slight_smile:

1 Like

Scroll up Brosidon king of the Brocean. @hawkingbird posted a video about it.

theres a ps2 remake of phantasy star that got fan translated iā€™ve never played phantasy star but im a huge fan of turn based rpgā€™s im thinking about trying it.

1 Like
2 Likes

btw, does anyone know if its possible to play dbfz as just 1 character vs 1 character option and not be forced to play 3 characters vs 3 characters?

IIRC they are adding that as a mode if itā€™s not out already

2 Likes

Yeah I seen that one, it has updated graphics too.
If you have the means to play iso images on your PS2, Play Burned Discs or have a good emulator its worth checking out. They also have a decent Updated Out Run and a definitive version of Fantasy Zone for the PS2 as well.

I also hope this Happens

2 Likes

Gris is great. I expected it to be some sort of artsy style-over-substance game Ć  la Journey (which I would have been totally fine with) but itā€™s actually a very solid platformer with little puzzles in between as well. Itā€™s no Super Meat Boy challenge of course but it gives you more to experience than just arguably the best visuals of this generation.

The audio, GUI, and animations are better in the original SMS version in my opinion. The remake reminds me of a flash game.

Iā€™m enjoying Soulcalibur VI a hell of a lot more than I thought I would. This is getting me back into fighting games like none other in a long time. Iā€™m still at what Iā€™m told is the newbie stage, though, where Azwel and Nightmare stomp my ass. I kind of feel like Kilik is at a disadvantage against Azwel, but I could be wrong.

2 Likes

Merry Christmas SRK!

7 Likes

Received a very generous Amazon gift card. Grabbed Monster Boy and Octopath Traveler. Almost went with Devils Third since I found a copy not-$100 but the graphics in OT won me over. Monster Boy is back ordered until later this month.

Travis Strikes Again was in the running too, but Iā€™m just not sold on it yet. Iā€™m going to take a chance on it going on sale w/Seasons Pass. Jumped the gun on Shenmue Collection and Fist of the North Star. FYI Fist of the North Star is $19.99 over at Amazon right now.

Looking at PS4 games since I was looking at Horizon and God of War but everything Sony related was back ordered or from third party sellers? Same with Monster Hunter (PS4). Didnā€™t renew my PSN though so. Going offline for next year

1 Like

got GRIS today.
its
PeacefulLoathsomeBlackbuck-size_restricted

being a beautiful looking watercolor painted game is a given.
what also impresses me is how everything else works so damn well.
the platforming feels responsive.
the puzzles are intuitive.
you dont find yourself stuck for too long trying to figure out the puzzles or getting frustrated with the jumps.
the music connects with what youre seeing and you get strong emotions at all the moments that call for em.
shit. im not even done with it and it feels like indie GOTY for 2019.

2 Likes

Got LG Pikachu from Santa. Cool game so far.

Gifted myself Dusk, a great FPS that is a combination of old school Quake and Doom. It kicks my ass every level but I love it.

I donā€™t really know much about Gris other than a video I saw that didnā€™t really make sense, but everyone is saying itā€™s great and its only like $17 on Switch so I might snag it.

Gris just comes off as one of those ā€œmore art than substanceā€ games. Which I have no interest in.

3 Likes