Video Game General 6.3: Sekiro has so many damn chickens man. Chickens Everywhere!

From what Wiz said on twitter is that Nintendo of Japan told them no when it comes to smash. He didn’t really expand on it outside of that tho.

2 Likes
2 Likes

Switch version of DQ11 to get JP voices and in the end you get to pick the person you want to marry/live with and it’s not just Gemma. More news to come.

Too bad I already have this on PC. Not gonna double dip even though playing on the Switch would be nice. Let’s see if they add any additional content though.

1 Like

They are personal lists.

As for some games on the impactful list -

SMB was my first game.
WWE 2007 was the first WWE game on 360, and had playable online. A few prior entries on PS2 had online, but not really playable. I PERSONALLY spent half of last gen playing WWE games online, therefore impactful for me.

DD2 in on my list because it was my first beat em up. Played it before I played DD1, and personally prefer it’s gameplay compared to DD1 or arcade DD2.

Driving - Race Drivin has a deluxe arcade version, and was the first arcade racer I played. I knew how to drive stick IRL because of that game. Gran Turismo ushered in realistic style racers with licensed cars.

Some games that impacted games or gamers as a whole isn’t on my list, because they didn’t impact me. This literally includes the whole N64, GCN, and well, up to current Nintendo library. I could add 007 GE to the GOAT list, but being on 64, even as much as I played it, I almost forgot it existed. You see there isn’t a real shooter in my lists, nor are there JRPG’s, just don’t give a fuck about any of them, even though a few JRPG’s are okay, and that list is 2 long for me; FF6/3 and CT.

I wouldn’t even put NMH in his personal Top 5 games. Killer7, Shadows of the Damned, NMH2, The Silver Case and Killer is Dead are all better IMO.

And scratch the IMO for Killer7, that game is a masterpiece.

3 Likes
2 Likes

Was talking about this with someone else, Toei likely stands to gain nothing from further DBFZ tournaments. Banco paid Toei for the license, and then paid Arc to develop it. The only one standing to make money from continued sales of Dragon Ball FighterZ is Bamco. I mean, with DBZ as big as it is, it’s not like Toei needs any more promotion for the franchise.

Congrats Deku!!
Welcome to the big leagues!!

1 Like

They don’t gain anything by killing it either, unless you count the ire of people as a net gain.

1 Like

It’s shitty as fuck. Gain that Toei could earn from this game is more people who may not have taken an interest in this series seeing the stuff going on in the tourneys and suddenly want know the lore of the characters. Stopping people from having tourneys or streaming the game is just a whole loss for everyone involved. Next time someone is like ‘man I want to make a more serious and competitive dbz game…buuuuuut Toei is a piece of shit…so I’ll go with a franchise that doesn’t involve them.’ That makes them lose out on potential future money that they could have earned if they weren’t dicks about it. They think they’re being smart about it but its a poor business decision in the long run. They could easily do with out and survive on not having people do those games but what company wants to say no to money that is a win for everyone involved. Thinking about this shit annoys the hell out me.

5 Likes

Sorry, I was under the impression that it was a more general list as opposed to a personal one unlike the GOAT list.

P.S. No More Heroes is the only Suda 51 game where a coherent plot, decent style/tone, and passable gameplay design combine to make a satisfactory package whereas other titles only have a single area where they excel.

P.S.S. They could always play Hyper Dragon Ball Z as a side tournament as was done before unless they are just in it for the E-Sports money.

Soulja boy is out of his mind, this man is trying to not have his body found

Nintendo’s ninjas must have gotten to him if the tweets are gone. Cranking that legal team won’t help him now.

2 Likes

Regginator about to send out assassins to get Soulja boy

Soulja boy made a console? What?

He didn’t make anything. He took three illegal Chinese emulation consoles and put his brand on them to sell through his website.

3 Likes

grasshopper manufacture and platinum games are my two fav studios.
suda and kamiya are artists imo.

3 Likes

I don’t think they’re losing out on any potential future revenue. Unless this makes people stop watching the series. They most likely aready got paid when Bandai paid for the licence.

The only money they’re likely losing out on is from people paying them for the right to stream tournaments.

I had no idea but Psyvariar Complete is getting a port to the Switch and the PS4. Psyvariar is a cool shmup from 2000 and had a revision the same year. It’s a bullet hell shmup with a big focus on bullet grazing to gain exp to level up your ships power and gain invul windows. The Switch and PS4 port is being called Psyvariar Delta and comes with both Arcade and Revision, as well as a new ost being named Delta (guess that’s the title lol).

Most importantly tho it’s getting a physical release on both the PS4 and the Switch and its only 30 bucks.They come out the 31st. Think I’m gonna scoop it for both.

5 Likes