Video Game General 6.3: Sekiro has so many damn chickens man. Chickens Everywhere!

GTA 6 Map leak?

Person said it was set in South America and the 2nd image is the person trying to draw in the rest from memory

Map 1
Map 2

2 Likes

A topic of posting games that had impact makes me think of my top games. The list of impactful games are different, though.

Games I chose for impact:

Gran Turismo
SF2
Super Mario Bros
Super Metroid
Double Dragon 2 (NES version)
Fallout 3
Race Drivin
Mass Effect
GTA3
WWE 2007

And my GOAT games I can easily say thus far:

Secret of Mana
Super Turbo
Alpha 1
Alpha 2
XVSF
MVC1
MVC2
LTTP
Sonic 2
Super Metroid
Sonic 3/K
SOR 2
Fallout 3
Test Drive Unlimited 1
Race Drivin
Fable 2
Forza 4
UMK3
MK2
GTA SA
SOTN
Castlevania POR
Friday the 13th 2017
Skyrim
Mass Effect
Kingdoms of Amalur
Tokyo Xtreme Racer

Runners up (Games I played the shit out of, but aren’t GOAT material)
GTA Online
WWE SVR 07-08-09

I have questions about this DLC since Sable is apparently trying to kill Spiderman again. I’m going to guess that this takes place within the timeline of the main story cause if not that was really quick on her part of ‘thinking things over’.

Never change Japan, never change!

Fixed it for you!

This looks hype. I had some pretty epic times with the original when I was in college. I still wish Speed Punks would get a proper sequel, it was the GOAT cart racing game that no one remembers.

Speed Punks is great mechanically, but the presentation is weak. The Rayman-style characters are unappealing and courses are a bit too generic to be memorable.

P.S. I don’t get why so many of you are obsessed with upskirting a digital character model when you would see far more skin just by visiting a beach.

Despite how mediocre the game ended up being I still absolutely love it. It’s one of my favorite titles from last gen.

I really liked it, too. Suda was on a roll last generation. Never quite reached the heights of killer7 but Lollipop, Killer is Dead and Shadows of the Damned in particular were some really nice games.

I am not sure most of the games you put down are as impactful as you make them out to be.

Super Mario Bros. I would count as the level design is pretty innovative and it made a big splash. Street Fighter II I would count because it’s quality presentation and refined mechanics were positively received by a wide audience. Though I hate to admit it, because Driver did the most relevant aspects of Grand Theft Auto 3 first, it made a collosal impact.

I would replace the two racing games on your list with the arguably more influential Pole Position and Virtua Racing.

I think the first Double Dragon made a bigger splash, but would likely replace it with the more popular Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Arcade Game due to personal bias.

Though I have issues with it, I would include Super Mario 64 as well for 3D platformers. I would add Resident Evil to the list as it made horror games mainstream. Though I personally abhor it, I would add Final Fantasy VII due to its impact. I would add Wolfenstein 3D and N64’s GoldenEye 007 to represent shooters. I am willing to bet Quake would be a shoe-in in most such lists as well. I would probably add Donkey Kong, The Legend of Zelda, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time and Galaga as well. I would also include Mortal Kombat as it prompted the creation of the ESRB system.

I could see how Mass Effect could be impactful, though I steer clear of it. I am kind of puzzled by the inclusion of WWE 2007 as it is an annual series and not really that popular as far as I am aware. I am also unsure why Fallout 3 in particular is on the list.

P.S. I think No More Heroes is a one hit wonder for Suda 51.

I actually have a prop chainsaw from the game signed by Tara Strong. It’s one of my favorite (and only) pieces of video game memorabilia

1 Like

RIP

Blizzard has been on borrowed time since Activision bought them. It was just a matter of time.

3 Likes

Battlefield V is a huge flop

The writing was on the wall when the game went on sale for 50% off just a week after release.

4 Likes

The community called them on their bluff. They deserve it

6 Likes

Apparently Toei may be starting to block tournaments from playing DBFZ

I don’t know whats going on with Smash ( i think this is dumb too but I don’t know if this is a licensing issue or what) but Toei being an asshole is grinding the fuck out of my gears. I’m still annoyed at them for the One Piece/Toonami shit.

2 Likes

Toei shouldn’t be able to do anything about what goes on in America due to Bandai. In Japan though, DB is all them.

EDIT: Never mind, they just pulled it from Anime Ascension. Looks like Toei is gonna kill off DBFZ.

For the Path of Exile fans, artbook on sale

No Season pass for SFV in 2019

Amazing Spiderman stays an afterthought…