Video Game General 6.3: Sekiro has so many damn chickens man. Chickens Everywhere!

TIL people still watched AVGN.

They actually getting pretty good again
The last few videos are reminiscent of his classic old videos style but with better production values

I didnā€™t even know he was still around until like 6 months ago a video of his showed up in my suggest on YouTube and I was like ā€œthis was uploaded a week ago? Whaaa?!ā€

Had an ā€˜herbalā€™ drink and two hour play session (or more?) of Phantasy Star that was AMAZING! I thought about turning off the map for the dungeons but in one of them I fell 3 stories below and was like ā€œā€¦nopeā€¦ā€.

These dungeons i.e. labyrinths, do not Fuck around. Even with the maps I would still get turned around. Iā€™m sure some of that was due to the drink.

Buffed everyone up and got all the weapons you can get for all the party members, up to this point. Steam rolling fools in the process to the point Iā€™m pretty sure I over leveled.

Took a break to get some errands done and realized I didnā€™t saveā€¦

Starting it back up after this post.

3 Likes

James Rolfe had the AVGN show on Amazon video for a while, but he lately gave up on Amazon when their video servers keep on screwing over him and he gave up on doing AVGN on Amazon and when back to Youtube.
James Rolfe still makes tons of videos on Youtube, not just the AVGN series. Like James and Mike Mondays, Mike Matei Reviews, Movie reviews with another of Jamesā€™ Online personas (Guy who works in a 90s style video rental store),

1 Like

It is an interesting game and kind of amazing in its quality given that it came out simultaneously with the original Final Fantasy. One thing that blew me away is that Alis gains the ability to speak with intelligent creatures allowing you to bypass combat with some of the enemies. Unfortunately the dungeons are borderline impossible without a map. I recall a false wall that required me to look up a guide relatively early in the game. I still have printed maps, but the addition of that feature in the game must be pretty neat (and hopefully does not have hidden passages).

Have you gotten the fourth member yet? I seem to always lose my save data at that point. I am actually planning to play it all the way through sometime this year.

1 Like

Carlton going after Epic now

Buncha broke ass niggas.

3 Likes

2 Likes

NIntendo always does that kind of thing, they create a ton of hype, intentionally under produce and typically never even get close to filling demand.

One of the best explanations I have encountered for Nintendoā€™s business model is that they are a toy company that sells video games, and thatā€™s why their practices seem so bizarre from the outside.

1 Like

Hope Alfonso winsā€¦

4 Likes

Got the fourth member so luckily that I was saved by that point. When I left off before the errands I was looking for the land rover, and traveled to the different planets to check things out, and just got the Amber Eye.

When I came back I didnā€™t even have the robot to travel between planets, lol. H

All caught up now and then some. Even found the Hover Craft by dumb luck , lol. Almost didnā€™t make it out of the castle in the ocean, though. THAT got too close.

Still, thinking back on it, I was sure I saved at least when I got to the last planet after buying the Claw, Laser Gun and Wand, but I guess notā€¦?

Edi: I think it does show hidden passages, but I dint know how to activate. I saw a square that was gray instead of black but I figured that was the lighting on one tile. It does show traps but you have to step on the tile before it to reveal itself. In the first castle I dropped like 3-4 stories.

If I was a kid playing this I wouldā€™ve had a stroke after that. I wonder how my cousins handled it, lol.

Just found out I can leave out of dungeons using one of my characters, lol! Wouldā€™ve saved me a lot of time.

Yeah thatā€™s also a real nice feature I forgot about and I think there is an item that does the same thing, but maybe that was added in Phantasy Star II. The dungeon traps are pretty stressing when you wander into one unaware as you are pretty much guaranteed to do without a guide.

I still remember when I played Home Alone 2 on the NES while visiting a distant relative for the first time. It blew my mind and we somehow even managed to get the brick wall area with Marv chasing us after like a hundred tries. Thanks for bringing back some good memories.

1 Like

Can Alfonso really claim that seeing as how he stole that dance from Tom Jones?

3 Likes

Smash has sold 3 mil in the US thus far.

1 Like

Jump Force adds Boa Hancock, Trunks, and Renji

1 Like

A much anticipated game selling well on a console that is selling well?

Sorry if Iā€™m coming off as a cunt I just hate videos/ā€œnewsā€ articles like these because itā€™s not actually news or relevant to anyone except the company that produced the content. Like the one I saw on Reddit that said it was the top selling game of ā€œthis generationā€ despite the fact itā€™s in the next generation by itself since the Wii U was such a colossal failure and they had to press the reset button.