Video Game General 6.3: Sekiro has so many damn chickens man. Chickens Everywhere!

GameStop Black Friday sale is live! I just ordered God of War for $18.

3 Likes

Wait what?

Go to their website.

1 Like

Their major door buster item for Black Friday is God of War for $17

ā€¦Gonna get myself DBFZ and Walmart at God of War at Gamestop for less than $40 combinedā€¦

2 Likes

October 2018 NPD

So thereā€™s a lot of CoD and RDR 2 all over the boards which is pretty much to be expected. Those 2 games were responsible for most of the numbers for the industry for the entire month. RDR 2 had 9 days of sales and made no. 2 for the month which is pretty impressive with CoD having been out most of that month.

Hardware sales: PS4 was king this month. Switch and Xbone are still doing well and although it the report doesnā€™t say which sold more specifically the thread on Gaf says that Switch sold just a few thousand more than Xbone that month. Not 100% certain where thatā€™s coming from though. Switch is apparently having a bit of difficulty comparing in sales to last year however which is probably to be expected considering the 2 GOTY contenders that released that year. Of course more than likely this is going to change starting Dec. Xbone is supposedly doing better than it did last year by possibly around 64%.

Software Top 20: CoD Blops IIII, RDR2, Ass Creed Odyssey, NBA 2K19, Super Mario Party (this game is doing way better than expected), Soul Calibur VI (heeeey! Hereā€™s hoping it can keep going), FIFA 19, Spider-Man, Dat Madden 19, WWE 2K19, Forza Horizon 4, Lego DC Super Villains, My Hero Oneā€™s Justice (wasnā€™t sure if this was going to show up or notā€¦not bad), Shadow of the Tomb Raider, Mario Kart 8D, GTAV, Super Mario Odyssey, Diablo III (look whoā€™s back!), LoZ: BotW, NHL 19

Top 10 Best Selling games of this year: CoD Blops IIII, RDR 2 (this right hereā€¦These games have already topped the charts for best selling games for the year just from release alone, and remember RDR 2 has only been out 9 days for this report), Far Cry 5, Spider-Man, NBA 2K19, God of War, Monster Hunter World (really nice to see this game still holding a top 10 spot here), Dat Madden 19, GTA V, CoD: WWII

PS4 Top 10: CoD Blops 4, RDR2, Ass Creed Odyssey, Spider-Man, Soul Calibur VI(nice!), NBA 2K19, FIFA 19, WWE 2K19, Dat Madden 19, My Hero Oneā€™s Justice (not bad!)

Xbone Top 10: CoD Blops 4, RDR 2, Ass Creed Odyssey (nothing but these 3 sitting at the top mostly), Forza Horizon 4, NBA 2K19, Dat Madden 19, FIFA 19, WWE 2K19, Soul Calibur VI (guess just a smidge not as popular hereā€¦not bad still), Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Switch Top 10: Super Mario Party (seriously doing better than expected here), Mario Kart 8D, Super Mario Odyssey, LoZ: BotW, Diablo III (looks like people really wanted Diablo on the go, this must mean the Switch copies are def responsible for it showing back up in the top 20), Starlink: Battle For Atlas (oh yeah thatā€™s rightā€¦this game did release didnā€™t it? canā€™t say Iā€™m surprised it only showed up here), Dark Souls Remastered(not bad!), TWEWY: Final Remix, Lego DC Super Villains, My Hero Oneā€™s Justice (not bad!)

Has anyone played My Hero? been kinda hoping the game is at least fun and the games will just end up getting better from there.

I usually donā€™t care about that sales and stuff of consoles and hardware but Iā€™m surprised Super Mario Party is #1 seller. Like, I get it was the hot new game for that month but likeā€¦it doesnā€™t look good?

glad to see soul calibur did alright. i donā€™t play as much as i should but i bought it to support the franchise and i hope we can get a sequel with a decent budget next time.

1 Like

it really doesnā€™t look too hot but hey they canā€™t all be mario party 2 i used to play that shit with my brothers and my best friend there were many salty moments had.

Some people are fans of the characters and want a game that allows them to play as their favorite characters from different franchises together. I have also read of a puzzling appreciation for fighting with cartoon characters in real world environments. Mechanically, it is a surprisingly low quality effort and for that reason I find it hard to understand said appreciation.

God of War for $18!!!

Weebs donā€™t know any better. All they know is garbage.

Pokemon Letā€™s Go has sold 3 mil so far

Steam has autumn sale right now.

Just saved a random dude in rdr 2 that fell off a horse on the way to a bounty. Donā€™t know what happened to the dude but I took him the doc in Saint Dennis and I watched the dude get his arm amputated. This game manā€¦

3 Likes

Extra

:rofl:

He was whited out in the latest trailer so it wouldnā€™t be surprising if they tried to censor him out completely upon release. All because iirc a journalist drew their president like Winnie the Pooh and it caught on like wild fire.

I mean it has taken a life of its own in the Internet but given they censor certain sites that would breed that stuff anyway I think it is petty to keep censoring a global icon because of a meme. That is on some 2021 nightmare scenario where Trump gets reelected type stuff there.

Spiderman PS4 is amazingā€¦

6 Likes