Video Game General 6.3: Sekiro has so many damn chickens man. Chickens Everywhere!

I picked up FotNS: Lost Paradise, MMLC 1+2 and MMXLC.

I wasn’t going to grab anything but my birthday is on Thursday (Fuck Thanksgiving) and I work Black Friday so I won’t get a chance to shop. So I figured this is a good birthday present to myself.

I ended up getting Street Fighter 30th, Mega Man X LC, Shining Resonance and a $3 flash drive. I’ll have to buy God of War on Friday.

Shining Resonence is tempting considering it’s price ($25 for the switch is solid) but I don’t know anything about it. So I don’t want to get it and end up hating it, you know?

There’s a demo available in the eshop if you want to try it out

1 Like

Another Bloodborne question…is Orphan of Kos a Kin type? I was reading he was so gemstones equipped with specifics against Kin do more damage but I don’t know…doesn’t seem that way…

Don’t think he’s kin. You can parry a lot of his stuff for viscerals. I like to stay close and dodge towards him.

1 Like

Orphan of Kos is not Kin Type. Not Beast Type either.

1 Like

Being able to visceral them or not is not indicative of them being Kin. Kin just means any of the slug-like horror creatures basically.

2 Likes

I have it on my 3DS.

And arseholes can’t figure out why anyone would want a 3DS…

DS Port of Chrono Trigger is my favorite port. Shit is fire. :ok_hand:

Also unrelated but not since we are discussing ports. PSP version of FFIV is my favorite port of that game. I hated the DS Port. It was ugly and I hated the augment system they added into it. Iirc there was voice acting too which wasn’t too hot either.

1 Like

I like the DS verion of IV, but the PSP version is the better one imo.

I enjoyed the fact that they let you switch party members at the end game. Granted, those other characters outside of the final 5 were useless by then and you didn’t acquire any equipment to make them better. That said; it was a really nice gesture.

After Years was a solid title/expansion/dlc/whatever as well

i just wanna say this threads taste in jrpg’s is excellent i’ve heard you guys mention shadow hearts, legaia series, wild arms, and grandia 2 you guys are awesome!

4 Likes

Grandia 2 was by no means a reason for my buying a Dreamcast.

But it could have been.

It could have been THE reason (Soul Calibur WAS).

Grandia 2 was just THAT good.

Best faux real time battle system ever.

Arguably the best battle system ever, full stop.

Teleport Boots on Roan, for the interruptions, ftgdw.

5 Likes

hell yeah! grandia 2 has my favorite story/gameplay mix in that series even though 3/extreme have it beat in just pure gameplay systems. i always wonder why no one bothers to just straight up rip off grandia’s battle system or shadow hearts like they do 90’s square.

2 Likes

I’m slugging it out now with OoK and the last boss in the main game. Just trying to work on dodging at the right moment instead of too much.

Last boss in the main game is holy shit haha. I got them both down to a quarter of their life and haven’t gotten that close again yet. Just going to use them for dodge practice. Orphan has some cool attacks, even though I get bodied in 3-4 hits if I don’t heal.

2 Likes

Extra

FUCK THAT KINGDOM HEARTS TRAILER GOT ME SO HYPE!

I picked up a GOAT jewel for my character in Path of Exile. I went from 57% to crit to 70% to crit unbuffed, and 95% to crit with buffs up(which is the cap.)

Shit is ridiculous. I also figured out a way to implement power charges on my other non-assassin builds and that’s to use a Power Charge on Crit Gem paired with my mobility skill. This means anytime I use my mobility skill I get buffed with a Power Charge(which increased your crit strike chance %) and it just adds a disgusting amount of damage.

This game, man. Always something new to do/figure out. Always.

I get pretty nostalgic for Legend of Legaia. Figuring out new moves on your own was hype as hell back in the day. I’ve never played the sequel on PS2 though. :frowning:

Wild Arms I first played a few years ago after nabbing it as a PS1 classic. I liked how the overworld was an isometric, 2D Zelda style overview whereas the combat took place in 3D. I liked how you’d play as different characters in different parts of the world too, I thought that was pretty cool.

I’m nostalgic for Breath of Fire. I should continue my BOFIII playthrough(dat spritework!) one of these days. I played BoF1 & 2 from the GBA ports(shoutouts to Golden Sun) and I played BoFIII back in the day on PS1 but I never got far since it was a rental. I wonder if we’d ever see a new BoF game or a new Golden Sun. The series have both been gone for a long time now.

2 Likes

FUCKING KINGDOM HEARTS

Nomura recommends playing (or replaying) buying a compilation called Kingdom Hearts: The Story So Far for PlayStation 4 that includes every [Un]relevant piece of Kingdom Hearts story content in a single set.

So far Squeenix has sold swindled fans with the following

• 1.5 HD
  • 2.5 HD
  • 1.5HD & 2.5HD
  • 2.8HD
  • and now 1.5HD & 2.5HD & 2.8HD in a re-pack.

Yeah Fuck that shit.