Video Game General 6.3: Sekiro has so many damn chickens man. Chickens Everywhere!

Have you fought the Bloody Crow of Cainhurst yet?

Dell is selling the Dual Shock 4 for $30 for anyone in need of new or more controllers

1 Like

Blaz blue central fiction special edition is coming west via eshop in feb

When you spend more money on a free 2 play game than you do on full-priced games just to support the developers and to look cool af. :sunglasses:

Excellent.gif

Iā€™m guessing you started off as a Shadow? Some quick tips: do the Quest in Act 1 where you need to find a medicine chest. This allows you to get a ā€œQuicksilver Flaskā€ as an award which gives you 30% movement speed when you pop it. This stacks with all other movement speed. I just recently levelled up a Shadow --> Assassin and I was running around with a 100%+ movement speed at like level 6. I literally ran through the game. :rofl:

Tip 2: In Act 2 you get a bunch of ā€œHerald of ___ā€ awards for a certain quest. These are auras that give you damage+a special effect. A recently added one called ā€œHerald of Agonyā€ gives you 20% to poison with it on, and when you poison enemies it summons a BEEFCAKE minion to help you BBQ everything. Tip 3 pick Alira for your bandit to help. This will make sense as you progress through Act 2.

I also suggest going a Claw build. Claws give a ton of leech/life gain on hit and they give some poison %% chance since you want to build into poison. In this game you can ā€œascendā€ your class to a better version of the one you currently are, and I recommend Assassin since you want to go poison. You get a node that gives 40% chance to poison on hit, coupled with Herald of Agony it puts you at 60%, then you add on the Claw nodes and you get a whopping 80% chance to poison. I only have 40% myself since thatā€™s all I need for my build, but yeah, itā€™s interesting stuff.

^ My current Shadow --> Assassin Claw build. Iā€™m sitting at a whopping 91% chance to crit with that build(jesus christ) and so far heā€™s been a blast to play. Imma do a very similar build during the expansion but as a Marauder or Scion class base I think. Only downside is Assassinā€™s have zero defensive skills from their ascendancy, so you need to stack armor on your gear/rock an armor flask. I got smacked down to 10-20% health in the ā€œinfinite dungeonā€ but then I used a sill that hit the entire screen and with my stacked life gain on hit+life leech+life gain on kill from that claw build I recovered over 5K health in 1 second. It was amazing.

TLDR: POEā€™S DEPTH IS ENDLESS I CAN TALK ABOUT IT AND PLAY IT ALL DAY AND STILL NOT SEE AND DO EVERTHANG I SAID GODDAMN

3 Likes

I havenā€™t. Is that in the DLC? Iā€™m guessing not since I have the Threaded Cane? Iā€™m at the fishing village Hamlet right now at the second lamp where the Hunter with the beast-hide is on the bridge. Giants in this area are something else, haha!

tron evolution is a perfect example. sometimes i wanna fire that game up. then i remember that i forgot my log in info for gfwl and goā€¦ugh.

Neir Automata is going to be $20 on Black Friday. Almost makes it worth getting.

Almost.

1 Like

nier automata is one of the greatest games ever made. top 5 for me. its worth getting at any price.

Eh. I donā€™t like Platinum games. So I disagree.

1 Like

Nope. You fight him at the end of a certain quest line that I wonā€™t spoil. Suffice it to say heā€™s one of the most infamous hunter NPCs.

1 Like

Nier is more Yoko Taro than it is Platinum.

That doesnā€™t mean anything to me? I have no idea who that is.

1 Like

If they go that route, then the whole Entertainment division of MS is dead.
Being always on is not a good thing, and it hurt MS bad when they announced it for the Xbox One.
Having no physical media of anykind will be the last nail in the coffin.

Nier:A was worth it $30, wouldā€™ve been worth it at $60 (didnā€™t have a PS4 at the time). And yes doing the all the endings, like I did (lulz) it would still be worth it.

Itā€™s also worth it at $20.

Sucks being somewhat responsible since Detroit, God of War and Horizon are going to be cheap this Black Friday. Especially Horizon, but Iā€™ve spent enough on games and want to get back to some Wii U games, otherwise Iā€™d be on it. Gonna have to save those three for a later time. Iā€™ll be buying Phantasy Star on the Switch and DMC V if I buy anything in the next 6 months.

The only takeaway I care about when it comes to the Spyro Reignited Trilogy

1 Like

I got it on a Steam sale a while back for $15

Isnā€™t the PC version a dumpster fire though without having a shit ton of mods added to it?

Interesting.

Concerning Maria. It was funny because the boss fights up until this point I was always waiting for moments to use visceral attacks which led me to getting stomped, until I went to mind set of Just Do It not waiting for just visceral attacks. The key to this one was the visceral attacks though. So it went along the lines of my earlier mindset, when I finally got out of it.

Are the missable sidequests that you canā€™t go back to? It seems so since the world has taken quite the turn. Iā€™m apparently near the end of the main game, just doing the DLC since it was recommend.

Iā€™m all about them visceral attacks. Different bosses are more or less accommodating of that strategy depending on a number of factors. My build is centered around visceral attacks and firearms, and I accept that that makes certain fights harder. No build is perfect.

Ugh. How is it already almost December? Iā€™m not financially ready, thankfully I have 2 more pay periods before December.

Iā€™ve got all this in December:
Smash Bros
Smash Bros Edition Pro Controller
Smash bros strategy guide (I have no intentions of using it but I always buy strategy guides with the games I buy if applicable. Especially if theyā€™re hardcover)
Ridley, Wolf, Inkling Amiibo
Splatoon 2 Octoling 3-Pack Amiibo
Diablo III Loot Goblin Amiibo
PlayStation Classic

Not to mention SRK Secret Santa and Christmas presents for family and friends.

Fuck.