Video Game General 6.3: Sekiro has so many damn chickens man. Chickens Everywhere!

Yeah but a lot of people bought an S for that 4K blu-ray player. Also, if they think Sony is going all digital with PS5, they’re going to want to appeal to the crowd who isn’t ready for that.

1 Like

This gen is where they ‘create the option’ next gen is where they force it.

There’s still like literally zero benefits to digital on consoles at this point. Doubt there will ever be. Hell, I can even get my game at 9PM the night before. Can’t play digital until 12.

2 Likes

Never heard of the guy. Or boss key games. What did they make that was even relevant?

1 Like

He created Gears of War.

Boss Key, his recent studio, didn’t make anything relevant.

Oh. Gear is alright. I guess? I didn’t like what I played of it at all. So, whatever

He also helped create the Unreal Engine and series.

3 Likes

Sony has experimented with an all digital console before. They did it with the PSP Go. Playstation offers more digital services than Microsoft does so it won’t surprise me if they also follow suit.

If you haven’t beat Spider-Man yet…get help…

If you have…

I haven’t beaten spider man because it’s just another generic open world game it just happens to focus on a world beloved character. It’s not a bad game but I don’t think it’s a good game.

I really feel like Microsoft will just release an xCloud device as their digital gaming platform and the next Xbox will still support discs. I mean, we know for sure xCloud is a thing, so, why would they also go digital-only for their next console? They’re just finding a way to cut costs and maximize profit with a discless S at the end of the One’s life cycle. No way their next console goes full digital.

Also, PS4 Spider-Man is overrated.

As far as the Xbox goes game pass will be their digital gaming platform. xCloud is meant to stream Xbox games to devices that ain’t game consoles. Game Pass will be the key to Microsoft selling the next Xbox as a digital only console. A lot of people out there will be very receptive to a service that’s gaming Netflix.

Yeah, xCloud could literally be a stick for game streaming. Game Pass is sucessful, but not to the extent of making the masses happy with a discless console. Put it this way, Sony would go discless before Microsoft. They’ve proven that by not including a 4k blu-ray drive in the Pro and banking on streaming. If Xbox goes all digital, so is Sony, and that’s gonna be the end of retail gaming. Do you really think that’s going to happen within the next few years? Not a chance, bruh. It’s going to happen, but not that soon. Not next gen.

Honestly I do think retail gaming will come to an end. It’s already end for other entertainment industries like music and it’s become niche for TV and film. Console gaming is already headed in that direction. It’s only a matter of time where retail will be a niche that only exists to satisfy collectors.

It will be next gen.

It WOULD have been this gen. If MS didn’t get backlash, Sony probably was already going to do it as well.

Microsoft got backlash for always online DRM moreso than anything. If people can play their downloads offline there will be little issue.

Now that people are content, or even happy to have full digital, it’s a given.

i used to have a huge disc collection but someone broke into my house and cleaned out everything except for some reason my dreamcast wtf those niggas even took my coca pebbles since then i have been digital i just don’t buy things that i know i wont like or wont want to play again someday.

I mean, I agree. I just don’t see retail gaming dying that soon. It may in fact die sometime DURING the next console generation, but I seriously don’t think the next consoles are lauching all digital, especially not Xbox.

And game streaming? Have the gotten rid of the latency in game streaming? It would be worthless outside of RTS or JRPG, since you’re just pressing X/A to confirm shit.

I would go digital but I just can’t justify spending $40-60 on basically a CD Key. The disc feels like it validates my purchase. Don’t ask me why I fee this way I just do.

At the same time and in the most contradictory manner I have no issues dropping $15-35 on Seasons of shows or movies on iTunes. Even more on complete series.