Video Game General 6.3: Sekiro has so many damn chickens man. Chickens Everywhere!

They have noticed that Nintendo has been able to craft its own narrative with their own events/announcements without doing the massive investment of paying for a showroom floor and area for a conference. E3 is a massive drain on even the major publishers that can afford it and if you arenā€™t a massive franchise or highlight in some of the conferences it can be easy for that investment to be overshadowed. Would anyone be talking about Star Link if it didnā€™t have Star Fox reveal to guest starring on the Switch version?

The complete absences is also probably in part to them planning their own massive event during which they drop info on the PS5. The Last of Us 2, Ghosts of and a few others will be their swan song on the PS4, they probably have all their major developers working on potential launch software for the PS5 hence why no PS Expo this year, the limit focus on their own software during their E3 conference this year and the move to avoid E3. They have some titles but rather then just put them out there to battle against current platforms they will drop a special event in which will have everyoneā€™s attention similar to Nintendo Directs or the conference they had for the Switch.

There will still be third party stuff but Sony has got to be saving their ammo for something they are doing outside of E3. When that happens will probably be when we learn the exact time table for PS5 release.

M$ says that they will be at e3 2019

M$ has no excuse for a lackluster conference next year. They should be getting all the 3rd party trailer announcements. Canā€™t say anything about 1st thoughā€¦halo infinite and gears 5ā€¦think thatā€™s about it for now.

Gc controller adapter delayed in uk

Nintendo continuing with GC adapter on the Switch frustrates me. I would think by now Nintendo would have developed a new version of the wavebird for a new Smash. Those old GameCube controllers are not going to last forever.

2 Likes

Wireless controllers arenā€™t allowed in tournaments tho?

1 Like

They are for PS4. Itā€™s not like Nintendo gives a fuck about competitive Smash anyway.

1 Like

They have to plug the controller into the system though. So not really?

I did say a new version of the wavebird. Not recreate the old one. Creating a Bluetooth enable GC controller isnā€™t out of Nintendoā€™s reach.

1 Like

I canā€™t see myself trading a physical copy of a game I bought for a digital versionā€¦

Nintendo isnā€™t the one that dictates the tournament sceneā€¦so if the tourney scene doesnā€™t like wireless controllers then it would be folly to attempt to sell wireless controllers to said scene.

Iirc this is in regards to that rumored zelda netflix series

Ahhā€¦doesnt show it. Its a facebook post from adi shakur telling the entertainment and game industry to prepare for an announcement at 1 pm pt

I donā€™t have a Facebook account soā€¦

1 Like

Considering how many of the old great PC games are on GOG and steam it seems really unnecessary. When I first saw the thumbnail, I thought it was a spoof.

MK XI rumor

Nintendo confirms will be at e3

Netflix series is Devil May Cry, part of netflix multiverse

Interestingā€¦

downloading Yakuza Kiwami now from PS+
looks as fun as Y6

Wow, so now Nintendo is going again, and wtf new DMC animation? I havenā€™t had a chance to watch the Castlevania show yet so I donā€™t know how it is in this aspect but if the animation isnā€™t consistently mind blowing during action scenes for DMC itā€™s going to be a real bummer

The Castlevania show is mostly dope. As a fan i have a couple gripes but over all i really liked it and the production was over all pretty good.

3 Likes