Video Game General 6.3: Sekiro has so many damn chickens man. Chickens Everywhere!

I’m 100% okay with all of the GOTY Nominees winning!!
Each one deserves it!!

I think this is what they will start doing with Nintendo Online, but why the online is in the shape it’s in now is just headshake worthy. I don’t mind the NES games (I want to play OG Metroid), but how they don’t have their stuff up to snuff, STILL, is just baffling.

The only good thing so far about NO (lulz) is the neg bomb’s whenever Nintendo releases something about it on YT.

On the PS4 front:

Digging the Bloodborne DLC and picked up a nice hammer along the way so far. The monster designs are cool. The way the beasts interact with you is awesome. The hunter fights are fun as fuck. The art in the DLC is off the charts, just like everything else with this game. I do want more, but I think I want to beat the base game first, and then do the DLC on a replay but not NG+. Shouldn’t have bought the DLC, but I’m glad I did.

Decisions, decisions.

I do like swimming in health items though :slight_smile:

But how their systems are designed from gen to gen they can’t really do that. Their infrastructures are too different.

They could keep record of the purchase, via a unified service.

Re: if you buy Kid Icarus on the 3DS, then you can download it onto your Switch too, since you bought it already, as evinced by your purchase history.

Or Super Metroid on your Wii U should give you access on the Switch.

Especially classic games bought on Wii U. Dammit.

3 Likes

I bought Super Metroid on the Wii and 3DS.

And on the SNES.

Ninty can go EAD if they think I’m buying it again.

And it’s one of my top 30 games of all time.

4 Likes

I still have my SNES cartridge! It’s in my top 10.

1 Like

I’m probably one of the only people ever to not like Super Metroid. I mean, I don’t like Metroid games in general (love the story line, the environment, the characters…etc but I hate the gameplay) but like, I’ve never been impressed with Super Metroid. I bought it on Wii U when it was on sale for like .40 and I never bothered playing it so I felt like I wasted .40. :cry:

So you bought the same game 3 times and you wonder why Nintendo does this?

3 Likes

If you dont actually read the thread then you probably wont know what people are talking about.

[quote=“Azure, post:3981, topic:576635, full:true”]
I have had Shadow over Mystara up and running since, like, 2003.*

*I DID buy it on PS3, once it became available in a legitimate format.

DC was emulated perfectly back then, much less SNES and Genny.

But hey - GO AHEAD AND TRY TO CHARGE ME $5 FOR AN EMULATION OF THE EXACT SAME GAME FOR EACH AND EVERY PLATFORM I BUY OF YOURS, NINTY.

I mean, I love, and I do mean fuckin’ LOVE Nintendo, but their not transferring purchases of the same exact ROM across their platforms, is just ASKING for even the most legit user to go non-compliance.
[/quote] Aww whats wrong? You dont like Nintendo selling roms to you they downloaded off Emuparadise, then turned around and went after those same people?

Nintendo can fuck off when its comes to classic games and roms, they are scummy as fuck in this department.

1 Like

The first time was on a stand alone cart system.

The second was on the first home system with downloads.

The third, I bit for mobile, and because I love the game enough to invest in having it with me anywhere at any time.

I have invested enough, now.

Nintendo can acknowledge their loyal player base, or else they will lose us as digital customers, much less retro ones.

The same can be said of Sony.

If the games don’t carry over to the PS5, then I won’t buy digital from them ever again, either.

I’ve given them more than the benefit of the doubt.

It is on them, now.

1 Like

I try to steer clear of digital versions of games if I can. I’ll even pay more for physical copies of games over digital versions if it is a possibility and isn’t ridiculously more expensive.

3 Likes

I do too.

As evinced by my plethora of 3DS carts, lol.

I have… 60+, give or take a few regular DS carts like Crono Trigger.

I buy some digital exclusives, though.

I’d get them as carts or discs if I could, most times, though.

But a super deep sale on PS4 did get me to splurge for six games digitally.

The price point was nuts.

i still buy physical wheneverr possible because I am a collector, I have an explainable desire to have shit sitting on my shelf.

With that said i also keep all my old consoles (still have my OG NES) so even if those digital games dont carry to the 4/5 I still have the console sitting around to play it on.

3 Likes

There are quite a few PSVR games that are digital only so I’ve purchased quite a few of those. But with the sales they have often on those I usually get em cheap. The most expensive digital game I bought was Moss, and that game did so well that they released a physical version months later.

1 Like

something inside me is telling me to play shadow hearts covenant again!

3 Likes

Games and comics are the only things I buy physical anymore. Everything is digital. On a rare occasion iTunes doesn’t have something I’m wanting I’ll buy it physically but that’s rare

Since PC is my primary platform I’m already full digital. I get retail for console games mainly because I know their digital stores eventually shut down. I remember when Live went down for the OG Xbox and guys were scrambling to save whatever games and DLC they could.

If the price point matches iTunes, I will get it physically on Amazon, if it come with a free audiorip.

That way I have the best of both worlds, and the rip immediately.

You can download pretty much all of OG Xbox Live’s content off the interwebs now. Its not even that tough to inject them into the console anymore.

The Digital doom and gloom is a little bit over played.