Video Game General 6.3: Sekiro has so many damn chickens man. Chickens Everywhere!

Maken X was a super cool Dreamcast game by Atlus. I believe it got a PS2 port as well.

I might have to bust out the Dreamcast. The last time I was playing it was when I burned Toodles disc with every goddamn Capcom fighter that released on DC. The D-pad wasn’t how I remembered it though. It’s also nice to see an older Atlus game not go for a 4554389543895438954 dollars.

Anyone play this game on the DC? Another obscure one people might not have heard about:

Ive heard of D-2 but ive never played it.

Same. I played the first D on the PSX when it came out. Forgot about Wolfensteins despite seeing it at Gamestop last night. It was one of the games I wanted to get last Black Friday but didn’t. They are on the list for next year though.

Think I’m going to grab the Metroid Prime Trilogy on the Wii U as well. I only played the first one when I owned a GC for a few months but never finished it. It was coo’ for what it was, woudn’t mind revisiting it and actually finishing it. I’ll be ready for MP4 whenever it drops on Switch.

On topic of First person games. I forgot about Halo 1, Titan Fall 2, the first two Modern Warfares, Portal, Half-Life 2, OG Dooms. Still not my genre of choice though. DOOM 2016 and Maken X will always stick with me though. I’m pumped for DOOM:Eternal.

I wanna grab Illbleed on the Dreamcast. It’s almost $200 of course since the creator died and it got a super limited release back then. Need to grab Blue Stinger as well. That’s another one I want to revisit. Sucks they did away with static camera (ala OG Resident Evil) for the U.S. release.

The Static camera in the japanese version is absolutely terrible. Its really bad. Trust me removing it was a good thing…well as good a thing that could happen to Blue Stinger anyway.

Have you tried any of the Deus Ex or maybe Thief games? They are pretty “different” FPS experiences, and by different i mean one is a pure stealth game about stealing rich peoples shit and combat is to be avoided, and Deus Ex is more of a First Person RPG then a Shooter.

Just maybe avoid Deus Ex Invisible War (Its not bad but its weaker then the other core games) and Thiefs reboot which is kind of ok, but mostly not…If it was just mission based it would be pretty good, but the open city really kills the game cuz its so…not open…at all.

But yea maybe look into Thief and Deus Ex, they offer unique experiences within the genre, might warm you up to it a bit more.

Played Deus:Ex Human Revolution back on the Wii U. The game had some really cool features but the game itself I couldn’t get into. Same thing when Mankind Divided was on PS+. Wasn’t feeling it.

I’d probably give the original Deus Ex a crack at some point. I just need to see my character. Movement options in Bulletstorm and Titanfall 2 are a blast though.

Borderlands?

That, and O.G Doom, and Deus X Human Revolution.

Morrowwind is the best TES.

But I came to it too late to bother.

EDIT:

Go PC for Deus Ex Human Revolution.

Wii U had balls load times.

You dont want to see your character in Deus Ex…he animates like someone wearing a cardboard box costume lol. Deus Ex 1 is a lot like a Bethesda game in that its running on way outdated tech, trying to do shit it was never meant to do, and the less you look directly at it the better.

The difference between the two is that Ion Storm has talent.

As someone who finds FPS games insanely boring. Borderlands is fucking amazing. The first one anyways. I didn’t like borderlands 2. It felt like a $60 dlc and I didn’t like any of the new vault hunters or npcs

2 Likes

you should try Black and also Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon since i hate fps too but find those games extremely entertaining.

some crazy A2 combos

1 Like

Sales tax happens because these rich ass “representatives” don’t want to do the opposite - taxes and fines based on means - because it means they’ll pay more. Off course, ignoring the fact that sales taxes affect people unequally - just because you’re rich, doesn’t mean you pay more for stuff you need.

2 Likes

ha, I had the exact opposite opinion on Borderlands 1 vs. 2… part 1 was just “alright” for me [a bit boring in single-player; better in multi]…and part 2 was far superior in every way, imo. One of my favorite moments from last gen was when Lilith managed to phase a whole city to save it…and it a great finale on the main story…I also loved all the DLCs for it. Gearbox did DLC soooooo much better than everyone else at the time…each time it felt like I was absolutely getting my money’s worth and then some on it.

3 Likes

Five Nights at Freddy’s is coming to consoles

Namco Bandai announces large scale crafting game ‘Ninja Box’ for Switch

Capcom USA gets new operating chief

Supermassive games is working on several unannounced sony exclusives

How do you spell “Freddy” incorrectly even as you’re linking that shit?

Interesting read. For those who don’t want to give Kotaku clicks, here’s the important quote.

Truth is, as Team Xbox has been signaling for quite some time now, and as we’ve gathered from our own conversations with both people in and outside of the company, Microsoft is no longer interested in competing directly with Sony.

Neither Obsidian nor Inxile are studios that are as big as Sony’s powerhouse studios. So the takeaway seems to be that MS doesn’t want to compete with Sony on AAA exclusives, but simply wants more content for their services, such as Game Pass.

I fucking LOVE Maya 2.0.

They fixed her, after a year or three.

She’s arguably the best mobber now, and CAN do all the bosses, but she requires more finesse than the aluminium-bat-to-the-head that is Salvador with a Grog Nozzle paired with a DP Harold, or Krieg, or even Zero or Fastball Axton (possibly best boss killer in the game - yaaaaay, meta shifting, even years later… that’s something I love, and regard as a sign of a high quality game - new tech being found even years later).

Healthgate shenanigans are a fun thing, and make endgame much easier for 5/6 of the Hunters.

Gaige has… shields & the Fibber, at least.

Borderlands 1 did GUNS better, though.

2 had a ton of great guns, but the parts options, and damage scaling were infinitely better in 1.

And 1 had Lilith, Mord, and best character (Brick).

Shame about Roland.

On so many levels.

New Sakura wars to be shown soon

Abzu is coming to switch on nov. 29th

Abzu is so awesome, definitely recommend if people haven’t picked it up on PS4.

Hammerhead is about to get these hands in the Spiderman DLC!!