Video Game General 6.3: Sekiro has so many damn chickens man. Chickens Everywhere!

As someone who had a hard on for turd strike and didnt care for sf4, 5 is OK for me. Id say if you got a local scene, going to the weekly meets and tourneys will help be interesting. But luckily I found out a local spot has 3rd strike & ST cabs! Stoked beyond to not only be able to play on cabs again but with 30th Anniversary, there might more people playing those.

and that was only one of his many good lines

Summary

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DY03xvzVoAErkPQ.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DY03zfhVAAAY5d5.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DY031tQVoAAzKLw.jpg

1 Like

SFV is alpha and SF3 combined basically Iā€™d say

SFV is sluggish and unresponsive compared to previous games and IMO it rewards dumb decisions too much.

Balancing is also kind of weird because you have four characters whoā€™re just way better than the rest.

That aside itā€™s an okay fighting game to play if you donā€™t think too much about it.

Look what you did now the next 5 pages will be hivemind blanket statements and armchair analysis condensed into youtube drive by comments from niggas who go 0-2 in every game they ever played. Thanks! =P

SF5 is pretty unique in typical SF fashion it doesnā€™t play like the others despite borrowing some things like the priority system of 3S normals and things like that so whether youā€™ll like it or not no one can say until you decide to take the risk and pay for it. As someone whoā€™s favorite fighter is ST and to a lesser extent 3S, Vsav, MVC2, KOF 98 UM, A2,and those older more skill intensive games where balance is an after thought I like SF5 a lot and I hated SF4. SF5 streamlines a lot of shit as far as target combos, input windows, and it has itā€™s own flow it rewards offense a little too much and defense not enough, I dislike how V reversals (think alpha counters) can sometimes be punished or avoided despite costing meter to use, and the crush counter system hurts footsies and I hate how you canā€™t kill with chip damage besides a super. Despite these flaws, overall SF5 is a great game because it has enough of the core feel of what you expect from Street Fighter, you have the fundamentals and know how to capitalize on a knockdown? youā€™ll be fine in SF5 then. Thereā€™s a diverse roster with a good chunk of them being fun to actually use and are viable (like half the roster is toptier lol) and I absolutely love the V skill system it goes a long way to make the game stand out for the better. I wouldnā€™t spend 318 hours on a fighting game I thought was poorly designed, but thatā€™s just me.

I suggest watching Infiltrations tutorial on SF5 then deciding if itā€™s worth the money and time for you itā€™s a little out dated but still works:

2 Likes

Yeah, please donā€™t ask for opinions, just ask this guy directly for the absolute truth:

7 Likes

What made you go with Sony as opposed to other publishers that offered support?

Yang Bing, developer: ā€œTo be specific, Sony has not become the gameā€™s publisher. As of right now, we havenā€™t decided who the publisher will be, but we are working closely with Sony and they have given us a lot of help with development and PR.ā€

Is that all offered through China Hero Project?

Yang Bing: ā€œYes, exactly. In 2016, they came to me after I had released the first trailer, and offered support. Sony is a great partner for our game.ā€

During PlayStation Experience, Lost Soul Asideā€˜s demo had a very high level of difficulty. What level of challenge are you targeting in the final game and how do you achieve a balance?

Yang Bing: ā€œWe are currently still changing the difficulty based off of feedback from PlayStation Experience, and maybe we will look at feedback from GDC as well. We want people to actually enjoy the story because ours isnā€™t a pure action game. We still have storytelling and exploration, and we want most players to enjoy the narrative, environment, and world, and not just the fighting. Maybe we will have additional difficulty settings or just implement high-level dungeons in the game to ensure that action game players can also enjoy the game.ā€

3 Likes

Iā€™m rooting for this gameā€¦

1 Like

hell no. You cant compare 2D SF with Sf4 or 5, other than how the game feels underwater, its basically dumbed down, and has pretty much canned combos.

Man if youngonna shit on street fighter dont do it by saying shit that isnt fucking true. Christ.

2 Likes

I hope Lost Souls is good. It looks like it overdosed on Korean mmorpg visual effects and metrosexuality.

You guys canā€™t say God of War is GOTY when the GOTY isnā€™t even out yetā€¦

Iā€™M TALKING ABOUT FIGHTING EX LAYER

That win pose alone > your favorite game this year. I donā€™t care if that doesnā€™t make any sense, itā€™s facts.

3 Likes

So a single one of your posts. Got it.

Are you a SF4 and 5 apologist?

Nintendo is hiring a new zelda level designer

Capcom posted that RE7 has sold 4 mil+ in its financial report.

Holy fuck. Iā€™ve been taking my time with GoW, but I just got to a certain point in the game where shit just fucking happened! If you havenā€™t played it, I ainā€™t saying shit, but god damn. This game is so fucking good.

3 Likes

Itā€™s astonishing the amount of spelling errors thatā€™s in Blue Reflection. Every major scene has one or two very noticeable errors in them. This game needed an editor.

https://www.pixelprincessblitz.com/

Im sure Affinity would be happy to help them edit that ā€œMasterpieceā€ of a game.