Video Game General 6.3: Sekiro has so many damn chickens man. Chickens Everywhere!

Anyone picking up Fist of the North Star next week? I didn’t play the demo but it looks fun. The Yakuza developers don’t stray from the Yakuza series too often but when they do they still deliver(Binary Domain anyone?)

We haven’t gotten too many beat 'em up/action games this gen and it looks to scratch that itch. Anyone play the demo/import it?

1 Like

The demo made me super fucking hype. It’s Yakuza but with some combat changes to make it more suitable for HnK, like heat actions not being meter based but based on getting stuns, with stuns from different combo enders leading to different usable heat actions

It’s rad

3 Likes

Awesome. Imma pick it up shortly after release. Thinking a Day Tres/Day Quatro pick up. :+1:

I liked the last-gen FOTNS game too, even if it was pretty slow and an obvious copy+pasted Dynasty Warrior-esque game. I never played the sequel but that’s because it was digital-only on PS3 from what I remember, but it got a physical release for 360 IIRC. I didn’t pick it up because of that, I thought that was weird as hell.

Yeah Ken’s Rage was a lot of fun, I really liked it honestly and I think it felt pretty different from Warriors honestly, at least, as different as any of their guest IP games. The sequel had some weird changes and wasn’t as good I heard so I never played it. Good thing about that series though is multiple playable characters where Lost Paradise is just Ken, that’s the only somewhat disappointing thing. The moveset seems to get pretty big, but it’s not like he has 3 styles to choose from so it’s not as big as Kiryu in Y0 or Kiwami.

Bethesda lets Cancer patient play Fallout 76 before it’s release

1 Like

Seeing the stink raised over the DMC5 microtransactions (aka impatient gamer options), I’m wondering how many people saying they won’t buy it spend a ton on those shitty “free to play” with almost no actual gameplay.

It’s pretty dumb tbh. DMC4SE had the same thing and it didn’t hurt the game one bit.

I’m not sure what the big deal is in that case… the exact same shit was in DMC4 several years ago…and once again, it’s an optional thing. Either you can earn the in-game currency the normal way or buy it with real money (*heh, foolish, imo…why buy something you can earn for free with normal gameplay?) It’s people once again making a big deal out of nothing. Buying is the option for the impatient and/or lazy players out there.

Capcom Beatemup Bundle— It’s a damn shame they can probably never put Aliens vs. Predator on something like that, due to certain legalities/copyright issues. I’d bet they probably wanted AvP to be in there (especially since it would kinda ride the coat-tails/hype of a new Predator movie being out now) but couldn’t because of the copyright shit. That game alone would’ve sold this bundle IMMEDIATELY for me. I’m still a bit on the fence now since I was never that much into the games that are in the bundle. Out of that lineup, I only played Final Fight which is inferior to the Streets of Rage franchise, imo.

Gurl, please.

I started on NES. I played PS1 games when PS1 was new. It was great at the time. So, no I haven’t missed out on playing these games, because I had them when they were new. Maybe you didn’t? But, like the other mini’s, I don’t know why someone wouldn’t just go get the hardware.

Anyway I mean, I would buy Twisted Metal 1, and Wipeout 1, if they were the exact original games, in this or last gen clarity. Not some reboot shit. Also, Wipeout HD, isn’t Wipeout 1.

I can go back and play literally any game, that isn’t a 3D game from that era. I don’t bother going to locals or tourneys if some CPS2 isn’t being played. ST, A2, XSF, MVC2, are within my top 10 of all time. All old games. ST graphics date to 1991…

The only things I will not play are pre-NES systems and games, and PS1 era 3D. 2D from NES era to current is perfectly fine. This is why SOTN is great. It has great 2D graphics, and 3D only for certain effects.

But why you so mad tho?

1 Like

DMC4 is a pre-existing game that Capcom tacked MTX into. DMC5 is being developed with them in mind. It’s tied to character progression so it would be foolish not to think it will affect the games balancing in some way. No business will sell you something they didn’t want you to buy.

1 Like

So Capcom doesn’t want to sell me DMC5.

Because Microtransactions.

No Yakuza characters will show up in Project Judge

Dragon Quest XI will have to sell well for future installments to come to the west

I’m guessing sales aren’t where they want them to be…

Spider-man is the Iron Man of Marvel video games

Sounds like they have plans with that comment.

Dead or Alive Extreme Venus Vacation adds new character named Fiona

‘soft, fluffy, big breasted princess’

Adam Warlock is now a dev at Tecmo?

EDIT:

Pic just loaded.

My bad.

Not exactly a Soviet hookup is she?

Played those when they came out to.

I’m not mad, I even asked you kindly. I’m annoyed easily by dumbassery. Your posts have been full of dumbass. Had to respond to one.

1 Like

Careful before he threatens you with his gun :skull:

I ain’t scured.

Played the demo. Loved it. Thought I’d be a little burnt out (for now) on Yakuza gameplay, but nope. Day Juan.

As for DMC V. It’s a good point that the game is being developed with MTX in mind as opposed to adding them in a rerelease several years later. I’m still on board, but cautious. I have the or release of DMC 3 and that was a slog compared to the first game.

beat the main story of Spiderman and TR, both games were hella fun
but the TR main story felt kinda short
still gotta lots of things and sidequests to do though

2 Likes