Video Game General 6.3: Sekiro has so many damn chickens man. Chickens Everywhere!

SRKbertron fell.

At least he isn’t Sweeps status.

Also trying to play these old games on modern TV/monitors is terrible. And I agree, unless these games all get redone to be adaptable. Why spend money on any of these all in one consoles when you can dl the roms and have the same shitty experience?

The games looking like shit will be a given. Cleaning up the visuals to get rid of jiggies and adjusting resolution to get rid of artifacts won’t change that. Aged gameplay is the biggest concern for me. I feel the announced games won’t have those issues.

Can someone tell me why Sylvando is popular? This guy annoys the fuck out of me.

He’s annoying at first but he grows on you. It takes a bit of time for every character to be more than a charicature, he just happens to be a little more annoying than most in that early phase

So far Veronica is the only character I actually like right now.

The pep power side quests are annoying.

1 Like

I like her too but plenty of people don’t early on. Just give it time, the game is EXCEPTIONALLY long and has tons of time to develop people

Capcom should do something like this with SF character DLC or something… make it look like a comic but everything else around the character is regular graphics. Steal the SpiderMan Idea.
https://i.redd.it/k32w1l4ivxn11.jpg

Finished Shadow of the Tomb Raider. Not quite up there with Rise but a great game nonetheless with slight pacing problems (too little action in the second third, maybe too much in the last). Really curious to see where they’re going next with the franchise.

1 Like

That’d be a nice improvement.

The story in DQ8 was MUCH better.

DQ11’s story delivery falls squarely between DQ8 and Star Ocean 4.

Star Ocean’s 4 was godawful.

DQ11 is nestled soldily with in the realm of medocrity as far as storytelling goes.

It has a fun world to explore, if highly corridor-y, and fun combat, but it is no Ocho.

Hustle Dance.

And he can use a shield.

So he is basically a play on the term “off-tank”.

Diablo animated series by netflix might be on the way

Sylvando is very cringey for me. Flamboyant personalities annoy me in general and it doesn’t help that he gets TONS of lines, but it’s whatever. I like all the chars for the most part.

Pep powers are probably the only thing I dislike about the battle system because it’s kind of random(u get more control later) to the point where I almost never use any of the abilities. I had to watch a video of all pep powers just to see what they look like.

This was my first DQ game. I will prob try to play 8 and compare it sometime, but overall I really like DQ11. I also enjoy the classic turn based combat. I’ll take that over any system that tries to be complex for no reason and ends up not fun at all any day.

1 Like

Ps4 will be getting rdr2 bundles

ESRB now rates the previous castlevania games that the korean board rated

I’d say its happening at this point…just need the official announcement

Drinking kool-aid.

Again, shit graphics are a fact, not an opinion.

The part that IS an opinion is that I won’t play/don’t care about them anymore because the graphics are shit.

So, let’s try reasoning 101:

Fact: PS1, 3D0, Sat, N64, Jag era 3D games look like excrement today.

Opinion 1: I don’t have any interest in playing them because I can’t get past the graphics.

Opinion 2: I still want to play these games despite how they may look today.

I actually like the way a lot of early 3D games look, especially on the PS1. MGS1 has a very gritty, comic book look to it that really serves the game and its hijinks extremely well. I like the old Pre Rendered backrounds in Final Fantasy games and Resident Evil Games of that era, Parasite Eve is a cool looking fully 3D RE like game. Then there are games like Darius Gaiden, Gradius Gaiden, R-Type Delta, and a bunch of other shmups.

So yea i disagree that they all look like turds. A lot of them do but not all of them do, some of them look great with those primitive 3D models and effects. I’m sorry you’re unable to appreciate, or at the very least get passed the way these old games look in order to enjoy some really fantastic games. That’s incredibly shallow and pathetic of you.

So kindly take your OPINIONS and shove them up your shit hole.

6 Likes

No, “shit graphics” IS an opinion. What’s not an opinion is “these models have a low poly count” or “these models have very low-res textures.” Making ANY value statement based on facts is STILL a personal value statement and therefore an opinion.

“Fact: PS1, 3D0, Sat, N64, Jag era 3D games look like excrement today.”
This is LITERALLY, BY DEFINITION, an opinion. What wouldn’t be an opinion is saying something like:
“Fact: PS1, 3D0, Sat, N64, Jag era 3D games have lower graphical fidelity than some games made today.”
But it’s also pointless because anyone can understand that immediately.

4 Likes